[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a ps3 recommendation thread? I found my old console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Can I get a ps3 recommendation thread? I found my old console a few days ago and I have a good amount of couch co op games. Is there any psn games such as retro classics or bundles to buy. I don't care about exclusives I just want to buy as many games on this thing.
>>
Catherine
Resonance of Fate
Resistance 3
God Wars
>>
Yakuza 3, 4, 5
MGS Legacy Collection
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Xillia 1&2
Tokyo Jungle
>>
>>385620107
>I don't care about exclusives I just want to buy as many games on this thing.

buy ALL the games OP. There.
>>
>>385620548
Don't bother with the legacy collection now that mgso2 is a thing again. Just buy them separate so you can play mgs4 online.
>>
File: 20170730_101904.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_101904.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>385620107
Just play what ever is in my collection except for x blades and blades of time.

I highly recommend the batman arkham games, tron, bourne conspiracy, lollipop chainsaw and brutal legends.
>>
What's the co op castlevania called? get that
>>
>>385620107
good recommendations ITT but don't buy Resistance (really shitty FPS) or Xillia (REALLY bad JRPG)
>>
File: 1499196450315.png (86KB, 629x403px) Image search: [Google]
1499196450315.png
86KB, 629x403px
What about psn only games? What are some good ones? What are good ports of old games?
>>
>I found my old console
How old? Is it on firmware 3.55?
If it's hackable you get access to games that are no longer available on the store like Afterburner Climax
>>
Cathrine
Persona 5
Odin Sphere
Dragon's Crown
3DDOT GAME HEROES
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Folklore
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 4
Nier
Katamari Forever
Puppeteer
Journey
Majin and the Forbidden Kingdom
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Metal Gear Rising
Bayonetta
Lolipop Chainsaw
Shadows of the Damned
The Evil Within
Siren: Blood Curse
Deadly Premonition
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Fallout: New Vegas
Skyrim
>>
>>385622104
Sadly, I think it's on the latest firmware update since I was desperate to play all my old psn game collection on the store. I'm guessing there's no way to go back?
>>
>>385622371
There's a way to downgrade but it involves opening up your console.
>>
>>385622430
Is it worth it? I hear console ban and account ban is common on there.
>>
>>385622807
CFW is always worth it but some people are afraid of opening up their system or messing with their nor chip. Look into E3 flasher if you want to downgrade.

You only get console/account ban if you go online and blatantly chest or you fail to spoof your console before going online with CFW. But if you have CFW then it's easy to ban evade both.
>>
>>385620107
THE iDOLM@STER 2
THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL
THE iDOLM@STER SHINY TV
>>
>>385622257
>Bayonetta
>On PS3

Dude there are 4 better versions of that game.
>>
Mod your PS3 and put a 1tb HDD in it. Play every PSX game, most worthwhile PS2 games, a handful of good PSP games, and the entire PS3 library. Pretty good emulators for non sony systems too.

Modded PS3 is the GOAT last gen console. I still use mine weekly even though I have a high end gaming PC and a PS4.
>>
>>385623058
I meant what is the point in hacking my ps3? Is there a way I see what it has to offer before I get into it? I searched ps3 homebrew and didn't get much
>>
>>385623686
Fan patches for Japanese games, undubs if you're a weeaboo, free games, emulators, better PS2 and PSP compatibility, homebrew.

It's worth doing just to play Nier Replicant in english
>>
File: gab-sensei.jpg (134KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
gab-sensei.jpg
134KB, 1080x1350px
Binary Domain
Dead Space
Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Marvel X-Men Origins Wolverine
Metal Gear
South Park The Stick of Truth
Transformers War For Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron
Vanquish
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine

>PSN
Black Knight Sword
Darkstalkers Resurrection
Okami
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
>>
>>385624648
>that one Gab vlog where she bursts out in tears because joosten was getting more attention on her channel and because she was enjoying that so much

More like Petty Gabby
>>
>>385623852
Fuck. I just checked my model. It's a cech 3001A. Is that hackable now Or do I have to buy a older model?
>>
>>385625358
No. You need a model that can be downgraded to the exploitable firmware. Newer models have a higher stock firmware on their nor chip and can't be downgraded.

What I did was go to gamestop and ask if I could see the serials on the used PS3s. The manager opened a few boxes until I found one that was downgradable and then I bought it.

The manager knew exactly what I was doing but didn't care. Some gamestop employees might get butthurt if you ask for stuff like that so your mileage may vary.
>>
File: image.gif (433KB, 498x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
433KB, 498x210px
>>385620107
>I have a good amount of couch co op games

"Like those eh OP? Why don't you go buy... Scott Pilgrim Vs, the world the game?"
>>
>>385626902
Great game actually. If your PS3 is soft modded you can still download and play it even though it's not on the sony servers anymore.
>>
>>385620107
What are your temp guys?
I own CFW 3.55 2504b and when I want to play GoW3 it sounds like hair dryer. I wanted to delid RSX and CELL chips, but I hear it's really hard with 2504b, because the chips are glued... I'm really happy to see rpcs3 emulation progress. Myabe I won't have to deal with overheating console anymore.
>>
>>385627648
Open it up and clean it, apply new thermal paste.

I have never had issues with overheating on PS3. Having a slim helps I guess, I hear the fats have issues like that.
>>
>>385625358
3001A can't be hacked with CFW, but you can install a Optical Drive Emulator modchip, but those are rare to find these days.
>>
File: 1501270854819.png (2MB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1501270854819.png
2MB, 850x1202px
PLAY NEPU
>>
>>385628063
http://alexnld.com/product/cobra-ode-dmc-board-for-ps3-cobra-optical-drive-emulator/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwh_bLBRDeARIsAH4ZYEODHWnAKbZ6_wyE6uDpVAq2ep1JcpmErlgDv9e-da6hoGXRZeZQzSkaAs70EALw_wcB
This thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 236x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 236x255px
>>385627062
And reckless faggots here say "pfftt, just go digital."
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.