[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>too conscious about the scarcity of time to really sit down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 1385678047770.jpg (14KB, 224x213px) Image search: [Google]
1385678047770.jpg
14KB, 224x213px
>too conscious about the scarcity of time to really sit down and properly sink hours into a game
>instead spend hours feel anxious, browsing /v/, being indecisive and going in and out of casual 15-minute sessions
I don't suppose anyone knows that feel.
>>
you're going to die no matter what
you might aswell enjoy life instead of worrying
>>
>>385619525
What if I enjoy worrying?
>>
File: 1329478551253.gif (961KB, 187x125px) Image search: [Google]
1329478551253.gif
961KB, 187x125px
>>385619468
>>
File: 1480961397501.png (25KB, 449x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480961397501.png
25KB, 449x470px
>>385619468
delet this
>>
>>385619468
>00:00 AM
>decide to browse /v/
>suddenly it's 5:00 AM

What the fuck, time doesn't go that fast even when I'm playing vidya
>>
>>385619468

You should be having kids with a blue eyed aryan wife and have hobbies like woodworking and carpentry. Get off /v/ and make a table.
>>
>>385619781
>splinters

Nah
>>
File: Le Retour de Flamme.jpg (622KB, 1169x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Le Retour de Flamme.jpg
622KB, 1169x1600px
>>385619468
Let everything go and browse /v/ for the rest of your life. There is nothing worthwhile on this planet anyways.
>>
>>385619468

I know this feel, even if it's completely retarded i still can't seem to stop it
>>
>>385619468

iktf, and its not just games but anything. worst part is, Im a NEET.

>>385619525
it's not about death, im only 26, i have another 50+ years left at the very least.
>>
I know exactly this feel. Even as I'm playing there are thoughts at the back of my head telling me I should be spending time producing stuff instead, like making videos or writing code.
>>
>>385619468
Just choose an activity and stick to it for a while. Then pick another.
>>
>>385619468
Sounds about right.
Not so much about time, but about motivation for playing.
>>
>play WoW
>not because it's any good or even because I enjoy it, but because I've done it since 2006 and sunk so many hours into it that i can't just give it up cold turkey
>will be alive to see the day the servers shut down and 11+ years of playing WoW will be completely wasted
Every time I read about WoW news, I get a tiny anxiety attack.
>>
>>385619468
Most people who have achieved something great, be it in business, science or art, started doing their shit in childhood and were well recognized for their talent by their late teens. If you're 20 and you still haven't carved out a niche for yourself, you're just like the 99.99% of us destined to a life of mediocrity. It doesn't matter what you do with your life at this point. The neuroplasticity is already gone, the opportunities for networking with young talent hunters, the mental agility and adaptability of youth. That ship has sailed before you even realized it, so just enjoy coasting through life and staving off existential despair with distractions like masturbation, video games, music, movies, drugs or if you're so inclined, social interaction.
>>
>>385620403
damn....

im 26, moved out of my parents home 2 months ago
and all i do is browse v, listen to music and play vidya for 30 min and return to the previous actions
>>
>>385619468
Getting married does the same thing...no matter the woman they will never allow you to have long gaming session. They all demand attention all the time.
>>
>remember how fun it is to crack open a console and install CFW with my 3DS
>drop the $30 for that PS3 downgrading tool
>start exclusively playing on console so I can stop myself from alt-tabbing and shitposting, don't waste months playing games like mountain blade, doter, or civ, and don't have to worry about emulator settings or compatibility mode
>only time spent on computer is finding games to pirate and move on to it and rearranging shit so I can free up space
I mean, sure, I'll never finish Gothic now but I feel much more in control of my life using my PC as a computer instead of a gaming device
>>
>>385620298
>start wow again for legion
>solid 9 months of tryharding
>get up to us100 guild
>raiding hasnt been fun since EN
>topping charts, crazy gear, all leggos
>boring and bored as fuck
>none of these assholes are actually my friends, they just use me for damages
>quit guild and the game
feels good to be free again, anon.
>>
>>385619563
But do you really ?
>>
>>385620158
>i have another 50+ years left
Wouldn't count on that.
You might die at any moment.
>>
I fucking know it all too well.
It's even worse when you know you got things to do but you end up doing nothing but too conscious about your things to do that you don't even play vidya or do anything else and just sit on /v/ all day.
I want to die desu
>>
>>385620810
>drop the $30 for that PS3 downgrading tool
only $30? where do you get one?
>>
>good at a game you hate
>bad at a game you love
>people make fun of you for being bad
>literally 10k hours clocked in
>so bad you don't even know what you're doing wrong
just kill me
>>
File: .jpg (305KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
305KB, 1280x720px
>>385619468
>finally bought a console
>spend whole weekend playing video games
>feel bad about wasting time
>repeat it this weekend
>>
>>385621231
is that game Team Fortress 2?
>>
>>385621076
of course, but no one really thinks about that.
>>
>>385621526
how did you know?
>>
>>385621583
I have crippling health anxiety and I think about it every second I'm awake. I could have an undetected genetic condition and my heart could randomly stop beating 2 seconds from submitting this post and there's nothing I can do about it.
>>
>>385621585
not him but 80% of people here is like you
>>
>>385621738
Good thing you don't have a mitral valve prolapse. I'm guessing random stabs of pain in the heart would really set you off.
>>
>>385619468
Fucking stop browsing /v/ and play vidya you nigger. I'm allowed because I'm waiting for some friends.
>>
>>385621585
I see a lot of people brag about the hours they have so it didn't surprise me. I don't have nearly the same amount of hours but i'm still trash and know it won't get gg ez soon.
>>
I know this feel, I consider my dwindling supply of time constantly, and feel bad that "this" is how I'm spending another day. It's a nice combination of feeling like the day's time is a scarcity, yet letting it slip by uneventfully
I stress over nothing
>>
File: 1490140462628.jpg (37KB, 460x395px) Image search: [Google]
1490140462628.jpg
37KB, 460x395px
>>385619468
I know it anon, I know it all too well.

Find some relaxing immersive game and probably you'll get to enjoy them again.
>>
Stop prioritizing video games. Get a sleeping pattern and put your career first. Do that and the time you do get free will
1.Feel more worthwhile
2. Youll realize what things you really do care about instead of forcing yourself to hold on to something that once gave you pleasure
>>
The only reason you're "here forever" is because the people who have broken their 4chan habit aren't here anymore to say otherwise.

You can do it. Just close the tab and do something else. When you want to browse /v/, say no and resist the urge. It's for the better.

>but why are you still here?
I left 4chan in mid 2014 and came back mid 2016. The two years in between were the most painful of my life. In the two years in between, I realized this really is the best place for me, so I don't try to escape anymore. But you can do it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.