[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the 3D Mario games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: super_mario_3d_world.jpg (952KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
super_mario_3d_world.jpg
952KB, 1280x720px
Rank the 3D Mario games
>>
File: princess_peach.jpg (1MB, 1861x2285px) Image search: [Google]
princess_peach.jpg
1MB, 1861x2285px
>>385616831
Galaxy = 64 > Sunshine > 3D World (having never played 3D Land) > 3D Land > 3D World (having played 3D Land)

Never played Galaxy 2
>>
File: asdwf.gif (710KB, 498x266px) Image search: [Google]
asdwf.gif
710KB, 498x266px
>>385617049
Galaxy = 64 > Sunshine > Galaxy 2 > 3D World > 3D Land
basically the same thing.
>>
>>385617245
Good taste. Did you enjoy the lower games on your list? I still liked the 3D games, but I don't replay them as often as 64 or Sunshine
>>
Galaxy > 64 > Galaxy 2 > 3D World > Sunshine
>>
64 > Galaxy > 3D Land > 3D World > Sunshine

Never played Galaxy 2

Need to replay sunshine cuz I feel like I didn't fully appreciate it 10 years ago
>>
>>385617426
the 3ds games were fun in short bursts. it got really jading with extended play. they are basically 3d versions of the new super mario bros series, which i dont really care for. galazy 2 was alright, but it didnt really introduce anything.
>>
>>385616831
64 > galaxy 2 > galaxy 1 > sunshine > 3D world > 3D land

Had fun with all of them, but 3D land definitely felt pretty uninspired and boring compared to the rest. Don't know how people can prefer it over world, which pretty much improved on everything land did.
>>
File: 1499522103833.png (644KB, 943x710px) Image search: [Google]
1499522103833.png
644KB, 943x710px
>people who don't like 3d land/world
I think they're fun in their own right but it isn't really fair to compare their relatively linear styles to the other 3d Mario games. Also, people shit on them for the "nsmb aesthetic" but I think they developed their own pretty well with the variety of music and flat-colored UI.
>>
>>385616831
64>>Sunshine>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>Galaxy>3D
>>
>>385616831
People who like 3D World/Land don't like 3D Marios because they prefer 2D.
Those two are basically 2D Marios with literally added depth but keeping the linear one-of levels with some bonus collectibles, "secret exits", flag poles, common power ups, basic movement, and less focus on exploration.

I personally wouldn't call them 3D Marios. They're in every way more like 2D Marios except one added dimension. They were made to be simple because 3D Marios sell way worse than 2D ones, and it shows everywhere.
>>
>>385618336
i'm one of the fags that dislike the "nsmb aesthetic", but i think the 3d mario games done a pretty good job at it. the 2d ones look fucking atrocious, though.
>>
>>385616831
64 > Galaxy > Sunshine > 3D Land > Galaxy 2 > 3D World
>>
File: 1483175149817.jpg (86KB, 800x716px) Image search: [Google]
1483175149817.jpg
86KB, 800x716px
>Great
Galaxy 2
Galaxy
3D World
64 for historical significance

>Alright
3D Land
Sunshine

Right now Odyssey is straddling the line between Great and Good. It really just depends if there's a lot of dead space or they actually work in more linear platforming structures to actually put that movement system to work.
>>
Sunshine > Galaxy > 3D World > 3D Land > shit > Mario 64
>>
File: Curious Minions.gif (64KB, 284x270px) Image search: [Google]
Curious Minions.gif
64KB, 284x270px
>>385616831

64 > 3D World = Galaxy 2 > Galaxy > 3D Land > Sunshine

All of them are great games though.
>>
Galaxy is the only good one
>>
File: 2.gif (398KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
398KB, 300x167px
>>385619313
64 controls like a god. the mechanics and game play are solid. the only problem are the aged as fuck graphics... but i dont really play a game for graphics. i can tolerate them. how is 64 not good? galaxy was MUCH more slower and easier.
>>
>>385618336
>I don't think it's fair to compare the 3D games to the rest
Anon, if we exclude them, literally every other 3D world/land fan would scream and cry.
>>
>>385618336
If you can rank the linear Galaxy titles, you can rank the linear 3D World family.
>>
64 > Galaxy > Galaxy 2 = 3D World > Sunshine
>>
3D Land > Galaxy 2 > Galaxy 1 > 64 > Sunshine

I'm positively hyped abot Odyssey. The Donkey Kong lore interestets me, though the gameplay looks boring as fuck, missing what made 64 and Sunshine fun.
>>
64 > Galaxy 2 > 3D World > Galaxy > Sunshine > 3D Land
>>
>>385616831
3D World > Galaxy 2 > Galaxy > 64 > Sunshine > 3D Land
>>
64 > Sunshine > Galaxy > 3D Land

I didn't like Galaxy or 3D Land. Part of the issue with Land was that I don't like handhelds (I don't currently own one), but it also few bland and void of passion.

I hated the gimmicks in Galaxy. I didn't own a Wii, as I hate waggling (although both Wii and DS have a bunch of games I'd like to play). I don't like how the levels were designed in a globe either. There's something that was really off putting for me.

Odyssey looks alright. I don't like the aesthetic too much. The actual platforming sections look great, but outside if that it looks big and sparse, which I really don't want.
>>
64's camera controls are not good. They're adequate but, unlike everything else in the game, have not aged well.
>>
is galaxy worth emulating without wii controllers?
>>
>>385619562
They're not the same level of linear, some levels were fairly open like the Honeyhive Galaxy or whatever it's called. And you'd play each level multiple times for different stars, not to mention secret paths that lead to their own level-ending stars. Granted, the entire second half of 3d land was pretty much just remixes of the first levels that you could play as Luigi.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.