[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the 3DS eshop is having a sale on Ace attorney, and I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Ace_Attorney_Logo.png (76KB, 415x182px) Image search: [Google]
Ace_Attorney_Logo.png
76KB, 415x182px
So, the 3DS eshop is having a sale on Ace attorney, and I was wondering if the 3DS games were any good. I really enjoyed the original trilogy, but haven't seen any discussion about the newer ones.

Are they worth getting?
>>
>>385607929
All the games are worth playing. Some of them are weaker than others. You should form your own opinions and not get your perceptions tarnished by a certain handful of vocal shitposters, who will tell you X game is perfect and Y game is an abomination, etc.
>>
>>385607929
The original Phoenix trilogy is GOAT

Apollo Justice isnt as good as the original three but is more similar in tone to the original three than the later ones

The newer ones are good but lack the charm of the original trilogy. The back and forth banter between the defense and prosecution isn't as good and Phoenix's assistant is significantly weaker than Maya.

i'm not saying anything new here though. you should play them all because theyre all pretty good. none of them are 'terrible' like some people here will tell you
>>
>>385607929
The recent one was good but I would recommend you have played apollo justice if you want the best experience. AA5 is more or less skip able
>>
>>385607929
Is AA6 on sale too?
>>
5>2>1>6>3>4
Included the first three so you can judge whether my taste is shit to you or not.
>>
>>385608147
Don't listen to this faggot, none of the games are considered "more or less skippable".
>>
>>385608126
Apollo Justice is also not on 3DS, but it is on Android.
>>
File: 1442508058338.png (278KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1442508058338.png
278KB, 500x449px
>>385607929
Absolutely.

Every game in the series is worth a playthrough, even Apollo Justice.
5 and 6 are also amazing and hold their ground to the OG trilogy.

Edgeworth investigations are also amazing if you want more AA afterwards. 2 in particular is one of the best this series ever had.

Lastly PWvsPL might be subpar generally but still enjoyable.
>>
>>385607929
Did anyone like spirit of justice?
How would you rate it against dual destinies, better or worse?

I'm trying to think of which game to buy
>>
>>385608406
It's coming to 3DS too.
>>
they're all fine
>>
>>385608493
Play them in release order.
>>
File: muhpollo.jpg (93KB, 860x825px) Image search: [Google]
muhpollo.jpg
93KB, 860x825px
>>385608493
99% of people in here will tell you its way better than dual destinies.

I'm the 1% who liked it more.
>>
>>385608604
Joining you in the 1% club, if you don't mind.
>>
>>385608604
>>385608741
You mean youre the 1% that dislikes it?
What did you hate about it? Music, characters, predictable cliches?
>>
>>385608795
No, I mean I liked DD more.
>>
>>385608412
>PWvsPL might be subpar generally but still enjoyable

Well, at least it had the best cross-examination music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT6V6s9A0Nc
>>
>>385608795
It's my favourite but the most glaring flaw to me is the constant handholding. AA was never particularly hard, but they shove the answer into your face all the time in this one. Kinda ruins the feeling of figuring something out by yourself.
>>
>>385607929
are they porting apollo justice over yet
>>
>>385608493
I was surprised how much I liked Spirit of Justice. I think it might be my favourite game of the franchise.

Compared to Dual Destinies, the puzzles are a bit more difficult without being unfair.

You still play as all three attorneys, but Athena only has one case that has very little bearing on the overall plot, and Apollo ends up kind of being the main character.

Nahyuta is one of the less interesting prosecutors of the franchise. You do end up facing off against some other opponents as well so it doesn't matter as much.

And the game has some really hype cases such as every case in Khura'in because your attorney's life is on the line
and the civil trial against Phoenix Wright himself.
>>
>>385609132
They've done an Android / iPhone port.

AA Trilogy 3DS was also based on the mobile versions, so there is hope.
>>
>>385609132
Looks like it: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/30/apollo-justice-ace-attorney-nintendo-3ds-rated-south-korea/
>>
File: 1491464293619.jpg (117KB, 667x659px) Image search: [Google]
1491464293619.jpg
117KB, 667x659px
1>6>3>5>4>2
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.