[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would you buy a spherical console? if not, what are some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: socle-lumineux-r0.jpg (8KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
socle-lumineux-r0.jpg
8KB, 225x300px
would you buy a spherical console? if not, what are some good shapes that could be used?
>>
>>385605624
>>385605624
if it had team fortress 2 on it, sure
>>
File: 1500297243276m.jpg (135KB, 1024x628px) Image search: [Google]
1500297243276m.jpg
135KB, 1024x628px
I've had the Okama Gameshpere for years
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>
A relatively flat square/rectangle is typically best considering the shape of most cabinets, shelves, and stands where consoles are placed. A sphere, while visually interesting, would be hard to store without shit getting damaged and would collect dust in a way that would be hard to clean. More importantly, many components consoles are made up of are also squares and rectangles, so it would have to be made pretty big to not only secure those pieces but to then place a spherical outer layer on it.

It would be interesting, but ultimately inconvenient and would probably need to be bigger than needed. While a bit boring, a square/rectangle is fine. The Xbox 360 was actually somewhat nice due to the fact that it retained a generally rectangle shape, but had curved edges on two sides which made it more comfortable to move. I currently have a PS4 now and that shit is actively painful to move sometimes because the edges are weirdly sharp for some reason. Curved edges are a good idea.
>>
>>385606108
quality post
>>
>>385605624
A fucking cube. That you play games on. Maybe you could put a handle on the back so it's easy to pick up and move.
>>
>>385605891
I want that keyboard. It's a shame they don't make them anymore.
>>
>>385606491
A brilliant idea! Why had nobody else thought of this yet?
>>
>>385606090
A GAME SPHERE, IT'S SPHERICAL
S P H E R I C A L
>>385606491
already done, the gamecube from Nintendo
>>
>>385605624
As far as console design goes, the Wii U and Wii are the best shapes for a standard home console to be. A rectangle, the front half of which is for the disk drive and the rear half of which is for major heat-producing components and their heatsinks, vans, and vents, and a single mainboard beneath it, with IO ports in front and back.
>>
>>385605624
>buy Gamesphereâ„¢
>bring it home and place it on the table
>it rolls onto the floor
>dog grabs it, takes it outside, and drops it
>it rolls onto the street
>car runs over it, causing the vehicle to careen into another car
>everyone in both cars dies violently
>I get charged with manslaughter

FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: missedthejoke.jpg (12KB, 424x335px) Image search: [Google]
missedthejoke.jpg
12KB, 424x335px
>>385608680
>already done, the gamecube from Nintendo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.