[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (161KB, 520x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 520x734px
So who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>385601419
Nobody, that's the whole fucking point of the game.
>>
>>385601419
Everybody, that's the whole fucking point of the game.
>>
You, that's the whole fucking point of the game.
>>
>>385601545
>Nobody
Yeah okay Popula.
The whole point was that everyone was in the wrong cause they never bothered to sit down and actually understand one another.
>>
>>385601419
everyone, that's the point
>>
>>385601663
I doubt it would have helped. The only way for humanity as a whole to survive was for the Gestalts and Replicants to merge. And that means the Replicants have to die. Or spend an eternity living as conscious minds in bodies that someone else is controlling. Even if the twins could act as interpreters in a theoretical diplomatic talk, there's still no correct answer.

Nier wants Yonah back. Shadowlord wants his Yonah back too. Neither of them can get what they want while the other lives.
>>
File: 1477678721738.png (2MB, 1099x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1477678721738.png
2MB, 1099x1340px
Hook and Tyrann

Aside from that, it's all a mixture of good intentions going wrong
>>
Just finished the first ending and not sure if these questions are going to be answered in ending B or C so I'll ask here.
If shades are humans, are the little ones on the plains kids? You get shit like school books and colouring books from them.
Also what about the larger ones? Multiple humans merged?

Also are Shadowlord and otherYonah the same ones from the prologuey bit where you fight shades with a pipe or what?
>>
>>385602591
Play the game
>>
>>385602591
finish the game
>>
OP here, I beat D ending a few days ago and was wondering if Automata is worth playing as well
>>
>>385602591
They are going to be answered in the other Endings.

>>385602660
It is. It is different to NieR, though, donĀ“t expect the same experience.
>>
File: 1489593206261.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489593206261.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>385602660
it's more of the same, up to you
>>
>>385602619
>>385602649
>>385602702
Alright, cool, thanks guys.
Also, I got tired of the side missions in the second half, I did all of them in the first half but is there any reason I should do them other than for $$$ and the nice dialogue that comes from them?
RIP Lighthouse lady, she had a hard life.
>>
Nier goes on a blind genocide crusade.
Kaine supports his delusions to the very end because she fell for him.
Devola and Popola probably did most harm as they had power to stop him but did nothing up until a moment he was strong enough to kill them.
>>
File: quests1.jpg (811KB, 1000x2800px) Image search: [Google]
quests1.jpg
811KB, 1000x2800px
>>385602876
>other than for $$$ and the nice dialogue that comes from them?
Not really. There are two or three quests which will give you weapons, which you need for C and D, though.
>>
>>385602591
Yes
Yes
And yes
>>
>>385602927
>Devola and Popola probably did most harm as they had power to stop him but did nothing up until a moment he was strong enough to kill them.
Devola and Popola did the most harm by being crappy characters with no clear motivation.
And no, "it was all a big ruse" isn't a good motivation. You can't write a huge mess and then sweep it under the rug by pretending it was a complex and well thought-out plan all along. It's on the same level as "it was all a dream and all of the inconsistencies were just the dreamer's subconscious fighting itself.".
>>
>>385603798
They were a pair of defective, excessively humanlike androids fueled by magic and forced on eternal duty by now deceased masters. They simply got carried too far with their own delusions and situation got out of their hands before they knew it.
>>
>>385603798
They're androids programmed to lead and support the Gestalt project and to help gestalts (also to help them "reproduce").
Them trying to kill Nier was a malfunction. It doesn't really have anything to do with motivations cause they're pretty much just programs.
>>
>>385604235
>cause they're pretty much just programs
No, they are not. Entire point of Nier dilogy is that artificial forms of life can develop true self-consciousness. Even a fucking P-33 becomes independent and evolves despite being just a guard bot initially, even Pods, not even talking about androids.
>>
>>385604306
>No, they are not

Yes they are, that's why they were able to malfunction in the first place. Plus, the events of Fire of Prometheus giving consciousness to machines happened long after Nier.
>>
>>385601419
Nier doomed the whole world to save her daughter.
We can at least blame him.
>>
>>385605145
>her daughter

They didn't change Nier for the western release that much, anon
>>
>>385604829
It doesn't matter when P-33 develops his own consciousness because Devola and Popola were self-conscious since the very beginning, and capable of acts of free will. You majorly misunderstand the role of androids in this setting, they were initially created way too humanlike in a last desperate attempt to save humanity.
>>
>>385601663
lolno

"please understand that I need to hijack your body and leave you fully conscious inside, but unable to do anything"
VS
"please understand that I have you genocide your race because they are going fucking crazy and the only way to prevent this is the extremely unfair above scenario"
>>
>>385601419
the first 8/10ths of the game, then it turns dope
>>
>>385605250
>they were initially created way too humanlike in a last desperate attempt to save humanity

Is that true? I always thought the D&P model were specifically spread all over places to supervise the Gestalt project. Plus androids are always humanlike per definitionem.
Or was there an android project aside the Gestalt one that I missed?
>>
Does Kaine still have a penis in ending D?
>>
>>385605564
the resistance androids in automata? the ones that 'scorned Devola and Popola models after the collapse of Project Gestalt'
>>
Nier, obviously.
He had no idea that what he was actually doing was dooming the entire human race, but he still did it.
>>
Both Nier and the Shadowlord.
Shadowlord should've been patient and waited to get his daughter back.
Nier shouldn't have doomed humanity like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>385601419
Devola, Popola, and the Shadowlord are total retards. Same with those fucking wolves. Nier did nothing wrong.
>>
>>385605809
>They lead Nier on the path to do what he's doing
>Meet him at the doorway to the castle
>"Uh, Nier? Could you, like, just go back to your house and forgot this adventure happened?
What a pair of stupid sluts.
>>
>>385601949
Honestly anyone who thinks the replicants have any rights whatsoever fully deserve to get skynet'd when the time comes
>Create property for the sole purpose of saving your own life
>Property gains life of it's own and decides the best course of action is exterminating you
>This is totally okay

Y'know, instead of maybe accepting being two minds in one body, figuring out how to let the different mind control the body for a time, etc, etc.
If your first thought is "fuck humans" you deserve genocide.
>>
>>385605564
They were created capable of blending into a replicant society. This alone required them to be excessively humanlike and capable of independent decisions. There were some kind of supervisor androids who formed the Next Generation Preservation Project Preparation Committee after the fail of project gestalt and continued creation of androids.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.