[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is pre-ordering considered bad again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1501258723962.png (101KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1501258723962.png
101KB, 512x384px
Why is pre-ordering considered bad again?
>>
>buy game before it's reviewed
>if you didn't see a disaster from a mile away then you don't get your money's worth
>>
>>385601239
You don't know if the game is bad or good. Its not the preorder itself that's bad, but the preorder locked content they usually put.
>>
>>385601239
Well at least you didn't use that stupid facebook frog this time.
>>
You literally can't make a proper informed decision. With no reviews, no gameplay to watch, you can only go on what the developer tells you, and we've seen plenty of times that developers will lie or hype up a game beyond all reason to try to get sales.

So you are giving out money for a product on faith. you are telling a developer "I am willing to pay you for the things you say rather than the things you do", leading to more bombastic advertising, leading to less genuine information until the game is out.
>>
it's the same as kickstarting
>>
you're buying a game at full price before it's even been reviewed or really shown off in any meaningful way and once it's released you can't get it refunded if it's shit
>>
>>385601636
>facebook frog

hey I found the perfect place for you
>>>/srs/
>>
>>385601239
Remember what a shit show Watchdogs was?
And they hyped it for over ayear?
Evolve?
It's a risk not many want to take
>>
>>385601239
>preorder game
>hype builds up
>game sucks dick
devs make easy money just by telling idiots like you about their game and how much features it has, when in reality its all smoke and mirrors
>>
>>385601239
What good does pre-ordering do?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.