[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: civ 5.jpg (57KB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
civ 5.jpg
57KB, 720x300px
just bought (pirated) this game and all the DLC

what should I do first? I've never played a civ game before
>>
>>385598030
what faction is the best? what strategies do you guys use?
>>
>>385598030
>what should I do first?
play the game for a few hours to get a basic understanding of stuff
then proceed to install mods to make the game actually good
>>
>>385598456
what mods do you recommend?
>>
>>385598339
I play Venice. (Go with Rome if it's your first time)
I pick Tradition as first culture tree.
Dont over expand to quickly try to keep your happiness and gold in the green.
The AI are backstabbing retards so dont trust them to much and if you get attacked just hold em off and in 10ish turns you can sue for peace and the shit AI will give you a city.
ALSO MOVE SETTLERS WITH A MILITARY UNIT ON TOP OF IT SO BARBARIANS DONT TAKE IT. (same with workers early on)
>>
>>385598030
>just bought (pirated) this game
Why not just fucking say you bought it? What are you trying to achieve here?
>>
>>385598518
community patch project is what you need, it improves every aspect of the game and adds some more mechanics

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/

it might be overwhelming if you play this game for the first time though
>>
Turn on raging barbarians

Play Iroquois or Glorious Nippon

Final destination
>>
>>385598030
>what should I do first?
uninstall it, being glad you didn't waste money on it, then download civ 4 instead
>>
>>385598518
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109935523
Game is unplayable without.
>>
>>385599261
is civ 4 the superior game?

what about civ 6?

stellaris?
>>
>>385598780
but it fucks up multiplayer, no thanks
>>
>>385599261
This. Nu-civ is garbage
>>
>>385598030
Just jump into a duel game as a random civ on settler and until you understand the basics.
IIRC it will give you enough tips on how to play for you to get by.
>>
>>385599261
Muh unit stacking
>>
Play Endless Legend instead.
>>
>>385598030
Are you the guy who said he bought 4 and asked what he was in for?
If so, you fucked up by listening to the people who told you to get 5.
>>
>>385599718
1.)Yes.
2.)worse than 5 in some regards, better in others.
3.)very different game, and not even half as complete as either civ, also, very diffuse on the progress and implemetation of additional content that should have been in the game to begin with.
>>
>>385601642
death stacks are only a problem if you played the game to the point where you could have won ages ago and still play, yet complain that there is nothing to do but build giant armies to steamroll with.
The general ability to have multiple units stack a single tile the size of madagaskar is something that the game needs, which they halfheartedly attested to by making it partially possible in 6 again.

the dev team for 5 and 6 had basically no good ideas, and instead chose to make it a boardgame full of abstract mechanics that distract you from how bad a 4x it is.
>>
>>385599718
>stellaris?
Stellaris is fun if you like the RP aspect of running an empire and not the micro-management side.
>>
>>385598030
best strategy for nq mod? im getting my ass whooped by my friends
>>
>>385598030
>what should I do first?
Unistall this garbage
Civ4>Civ2>Civ6>Civ3>civ>Civ5
>>
>>385598030
The fucking tutorial.
>>
How much better is Civ 4 to 5 and 6?

I really enjoyed 5 and did enjoy 6 but 6 was really buggy after the first patch and I haven't gone back to it since, moved onto games like Crusader kings 2, EU4 and Victoria 2
>>
File: 1474341303949.jpg (6KB, 275x144px) Image search: [Google]
1474341303949.jpg
6KB, 275x144px
Install Trump's Great America mod.
Lol your way to victory.
>>
>>385604831
just finished all the tutorials and I feel like i have a very basic grasp of the game
>>
>>385601642
I'm the guy you responded to and unit stacking isn't even my problem with V. I actually like having one unit per tile on paper, death stacks are just better when you account for the fact that the retarded AI is better at handling them.

My biggest issue with V really comes down to the fact that it's a 4X game that penalizes you for expanding and practically rewards you for not doing so. That would be bad enough if the game wasn't deeply imbalanced, extremely slow (both in terms of how it runs and in terms of waiting for shit to happen lategame compared to 4), and how basically every game plays out exactly the same due to these factors unless you want to exploit the fact that the AI is retarded to do something objectively worse.

Really the only thing 5 has over 4 is graphics and more civilizations (but even then, 4 has more leaders for civilizations people actually care about.)
>>
>>385598339
>faction
>>
>>385598030

Uninstall and pirate Civ 4 instead.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.