[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Game Grumps these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 16

File: ugly disgusting faggot .png (79KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ugly disgusting faggot .png
79KB, 250x250px
What does /v/ think of Game Grumps these days?
>>
>>385597464
who?
>>
I like it when he gets mad at the game
>>
>>385597464
Its a product
>>
Same as I've always thought: it's shit.
>>
I like it when he becomes such an insufferable prick to work with that even his biggest fan and best friend can't work with him anymore.
>>
File: Game_Grumps_Logo.jpg (79KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Grumps_Logo.jpg
79KB, 400x220px
>>385597579
Egoraptor and that guy from Ninja Sex Party do Let's Plays and scream at video games to entertain children
>>
Oh, they're lovely
>>
>>385597464
honestly game drumpf needs to kill themself
>>
>>385597464

It sucks now and has for awhile. Either that or I grew up.
>>
>>385597464
>There are no good Sonic games, not even Sonic Mania or Sonic 2-3&K
>Ocarina of Time was a shitty game
>All RPGs are shit
>3D games are shit unless they involve mindlessly smashing the same button to beat up enemies
>Video games should not hold my hand at any point
>Video games should tell me exactly what to do without me asking
>Racism is wrong
>Hey Dan listen to my funny Asian accent
>Hey Dan tell me more stories about your dad and do that funny Jewish accent
>>
Post 2015 episodes have been unbearable. Arin being a corporate shill doesn't help either.
>>
I wish they weren't ass at every game they played I cant even watch them because I get so angry at how much they blow
>>
>>385597464
Arin only acts like himself when he's with Oney, honestly. Makes me miss the Jon days, but thats why I watch OneyPlays.
>>
File: 1487471721661.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487471721661.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>Watching Sonic Unleashed
>Arin accidentally replays a boss fight thinking it was a next objective
>>
I WRAP STUFF
>>
>>385597464

Sage and report all eceleb bullshit.
>>
>>385597464
Haven't watched it in years. I got tired of them never making progress in Sonic 06 back when Jon was still on the team.
>>
>>385598006
I hate internet vidya celeb threads, but I see this comment so often, and it makes me so fucking angry.

>He doesn't act like himself anymore
>They've changed
>They're not true to themselves anymore

Mother fucker! YOU. DON'T. KNOW. THEM. Do you act the exact same around each and every other one of your friends? Your work friends? Your bar friends? Your vidya friends?

Get the fuck outta here.
>>
File: neat.gif (465KB, 288x173px) Image search: [Google]
neat.gif
465KB, 288x173px
>>385597464
Arin complains too much. He seems to have this "ideal" game standard he has created in his head that doesn't actually apply to anything.
>>
File: 136624445.jpg (21KB, 437x612px) Image search: [Google]
136624445.jpg
21KB, 437x612px
>implying I didn't watch the first 2 or so videos of Danny when he first started and immediately unsubbed

I go back every once in a while and rewatch the good Arin & Jon videos, but this show stopped producing videos a long time ago as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>385597464
They used to be good years ago. Jon + Arin was usually good. Arin + Dan was great for like a year. At some point Arin became an asshole and a parody of himself. If you ever watched the old episodes with Jon, they used to make fun of LPers and now GG is exactly like that. It's actually kind of sad.
>>
File: David-Bowie-007.jpg (63KB, 302x276px) Image search: [Google]
David-Bowie-007.jpg
63KB, 302x276px
>>385597929
>not even Sonic Mania
Both Arin and Ross have a stick up their ass about Sonic Mania, mainly the animation
It just feels like they're both bitter someone got somewhere with their animation work and they didn't.
>>
>>385598264
Arin basically became the guy he was making fun of in Mickey Mousecapade.
>>
>>385598264
How were they not LPers?
>>
When people suck at games I expect there to be some redeeming quality to it, such as good humor or self awareness when they are sucking. GG offers none of these. Arin will pretend he recognizes his shortcomings, but in the end he sucks at the games he plays because he doesn't focus on them or neglects them.
I get it. It's hard to host a talking show and still give it your all in a game, but that can only go so far.
>>
>>385598190
I never claimed to know them, triggered faggot. Not my fault he overreacts like a fucking autismo on GG. Prove me wrong.
>>
It's processed. Arin mastered the fake laugh long ago and he makes big $$$ appealing to autists who attach themselves to the show with the delusion that the hosts are their "friends".
>>
>>385597464
It was always shit.
>>
Anyone else think that Suzy chick looks like she'd suck your dick behind a 7-11 for half a Twizzler?
>>
>>385597464
Same thing I always thought of them, TBFP but worse and TBFP isn't that great to start with
>>
>>385598336
Yeah I thought it was weird how negative they were. Every other reaction I saw was incredibly positive (except for the weird nose thing). What does "overanimated" even mean?

>>385598391
I think in the very first episode, whenever they mentioned GG being an LP channel, they said it in a very disgusted way, like they were somehow above doing LPs. The fandom latched onto that and to this day most of them refuse to call the GG Let's Players. It's fucking stupid. Arin calls himself an "improv comedian" despite 90% of his content being fart/poop jokes and the "suck my dick song"
>>
File: 1498966768024.png (213KB, 744x432px) Image search: [Google]
1498966768024.png
213KB, 744x432px
>>385598336
Why mediocre flash doodle artist think they're experts on animation is beyond me.
>>
>>385598709
Don't forget "I'm gonna pre".
>>
>>385597929
But there are no good sonic games.
>>
>>385598336
>>385598709
>Bu-hu I didn't get to animate for a children's video game
>>
shit like it always was
>>
>>385598709
>What does "overanimated" even mean?
Probably that there's too much going on in the movements, but considering it moves fluidly it's not a bad thing
Ironic they call it "overanimated" yet they do the same thing in their stuff
>>385598771
Because they were able to attract an audience long ago and think they know everything despite Arin saying he doesn't even care about animation
At least Ross is pretty good at animating but it feels petty that he's so critical of the Sonic animation
>>
>>385598937
I know you're memeing but artists can be petty as hell. Whenever they see other artists doing better than them or just impressing people more they find every reason to dislike them even if it's completely unreasonable.

t.artist
>>
>>385597464
Shit really started going downhill fast once Jon left. A handful of the Danny episodes are pretty good, granted, but I feel like it became less about two friends playing games and shooting the shit and more about producing a lowest common denominator cash cow.
>>
>tfw I don't watch any other Grumps except for Arin and Jon/Dan.
>Only exception is if its a game I really like

I cannot get into Ross or Barry.
>>
File: IMG_1338.png (2MB, 990x928px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1338.png
2MB, 990x928px
>>385597464
>watching their TTYD series

Why do I put myself through this torture
>>
I watched them for far longer than they deserved, but I had to drop them around the time Arin started talking /fit/ level clueless shit about diets and exercising. Just couldn't take it anymore. Dan is still cool tho.
>>
>>385599137
The only Ross series I liked were Civ 5 and the Sierra games, and even the latter kind of stopped being funny around King's Quest 6.
>>
>>385598937
>talk shit on an actual video game
>all while supporting gay meme game
Hmmmmm
>>
File: shrugging anime girl.jpg (61KB, 1024x811px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging anime girl.jpg
61KB, 1024x811px
>>385597464
Completely stagnant and barely enjoyable. It's become the corporate cash cow that Arin was trying to avoid in the first place. They've attracted a large Tumblr audience and as a result they've toned down their jokes out of fear of offending people, thereby totally defeating the original purpose of the channel and turning it into an overly artificial friend simulator.

And no, I don't think it was Dan or Jon leaving that caused this, I think it was just the channel becoming too popular. I pray the same thing doesn't happen to OneyPlays in the future. They've become my substitute for what Game Grumps used to be.
>>
File: 1435100705892.png (11KB, 150x148px) Image search: [Google]
1435100705892.png
11KB, 150x148px
>>385597464
>mfw Oneyplays has basically become pre Dan Game Grumps where Julian is a quieter Jon and Chris/Dingdong merge to make Arin
>>
>>385599369
>They've attracted a large Tumblr audience and as a result they've toned down their jokes out of fear of offending people

I only watch their Sonic playthoughs and the one offs, but they never really come off this way at all.
>>
>>385599369
The most thats happened on OneyPlays so far is people getting annoyed with them being overly critical. But sometimes popularity is the thing that brings channels down, ironically.
>>
I still like it and watch it daily while I eat.
I need to watch something while I eat and there's only so many good things on netflix.
>>
>>385599623
Jon used to drop the n word on a relatively consistent basis and they would talk about things like Deviantart fetishists and Linkara. None of that shit would fly nowadays; I remember Dan even talking about otherkin in a favorable manner once.
>>
>>385597464
he bad at videogame
>>
More like Game Dumps.
>>
Thought it was pretty funny a long time ago but quickly got tired of Arin. Jon's constantly Disney singing got real old soon after that, and I quit bothering to watch.

From what little I've seen of Dan, he's alright, but way too much of a yes-man. Arin's still such a cunt that I'd never bother go back to even rewatch it though.
>>
>>385598772
Arin stole that from supermega too which was annoying
>>
>>385599840
Dan is the most PC milquetoast liberal faggot ever, of course he's say that
>>
It's nothing. A black hole of nothing.
>>
>>385597464
Because danny is a reasonable yes man egoraptor feels the need to be a cynic asshole and they play bad games for views.
>>
>>385597464
I didn't think a Quadruple neck was possible
>>
>>385599840
They would always make weird comments still. They jokely ship Amy and Professor Pickle up in their new playthough.

Dan is too chill and lax. I don't think he really knows what hes praising.
>>
>>385598336
>Both Arin and Ross have a stick up their ass about Sonic Mania, mainly the animation

Wow is this real? When did they get butthurt about this?

You'd have to be jealous. There's no other explanation.
>>
>>385597464
Good ever since they got rid of the /pol/jerk
>>
>>385597464
Shit, fuck off.
>>
>>385600226
Out of all these guys talking about Sonic Mania they're the only ones being negative about it. Arin just says his usual "Sonic was never good" meme but both Arin and Ross don't like the animation in the game and think it's "overanimated"
Which is funny because you could say a lot of their stuff is overanimated as well
>>
>>385599926
I don't really think so, I think he's just a little too nice and he's paranoid about getting his fans upset. Remember this is the guy who used to joke about Mr. Wilson molesting Dennis the menace.
>>
File: 1432963055230.png (88KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
1432963055230.png
88KB, 321x306px
Why do Arin and Oney have the same exact voice inflection? Who is copying who? Especially when either try to be insightful about something. They sound almost the same.
>>
>>385598259
The only correct response
>>
>>385600443
What the hell is overanimated
>>
>>385599168
Because you are a sad lonely little shit who needs youtube to actually have any kind of interaction with other humans.

>"Thanks for watching anon"
>"NO, THANK YOU FOR BRIGHTENING MY DAY"
>Cries in a corner
>>
>>385600736
>projecting
>>
They were always garbage, I find let's plays to be the cancer of Youtube. Game Grumps is the worse by far though. The jokes are shit and boring, Dan all around sucks and will never be 1/10 the funny dude JonTron is and he will always go down in history for that, Arin shitty has been who is an elitist asshole who always finds the need to go REEEEEEEEEEEEE whenever something doesn't conform to his perfect gaming ideals. I had no idea why I was into them back then. Also I love how Sonic fags are getting worked about how he hates Sonic. Basically the show is bottom of the barrel garbage plus PC pandering multipled by unlikable people.
>>
>>385599168
its had some funny moments
but fuck do they suck
>>
>>385600806
fuck
>>
>>385599591
>oney
might as well kill yourself nigga, Vinny & Mike plays is Jon Grumps tier good. sadly not many parts available
>>
File: best friends gc and dc.jpg (104KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
best friends gc and dc.jpg
104KB, 894x894px
>>385597464
I enjoy DR2's LP and the night levels of Sonic Unleashed are comfortable to watch late at night.
Paper Mario does not interest me as a playthrough as I'd rather play it myself and apparently he's whinier than usual in it.
The one offs are fine.
>>
Game Grumps is and always has been fucking garbage. Literally just a friend simulator for lonely twelve year olds.
>>
DEAD AND GONE FOREVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRAoR0rKtec
>>
>>385600275
But it was only good with Jon?
>>
>>385597464
>they finally play sonic unleashed
>it's the shitty wii/ps2 version
why does arin have such a hate boner for chronic the edgehog?
>>
I hate that they pretend to be "improv comedians" when all they do is steal jokes from others, reference SNL or The Onion or make jokes about being gay, butts, poop and farts. I thought a show with "Game" in the title would be all about playing games, but apparently is singing about poopy dicks and how much you crave dick while simultaneously not being gay.
>>
I think there should be a separate board for youtube shit, or at least this should be moved to a /vg/ thread. Children just start these threads to discuss their imaginary friends, not to talk about anything remotely resembling video games.
>>
>>385603320
He said he did it on purpose for laughs in a recent one. Apparently he doesn't regret it either due to not wanting to move around in the towns instead of the quick talking locations in the Wii one.
>>
>>385598886
Go away arin
>>
>>385597464
Slowly but surely and FINALLY dying off. Arin has been tired of this shit for like a year now and every episode it's gets increasingly obvious.
>>
I don't watch Game Grumps, but I enjoy it for being the main source of revenue for the gang to do their other projects. Without GG, Ross wouldn't be doing more animation, Ninja Sex Party wouldn't be nearly as successful, and all kinds of other shit. I don't enjoy GG, but I'm glad it allows them to pursue their other goals. Same with Starbomb, I don't think the music is funny or particularly interesting, but it makes them money. So be it
>>
>>385597929
Classic Sonic isn't good at all.
>>
>>385597464
Where's Jontron ?
>>
>>385603554
This. I don't think Dan was ever that into it to begin with. I'm kinda burnt out on video games and I'm only 25. I can't imagine what these two feel doing this shit everyday in their 30s.

It won't be long until we get some announcement saying they are moving on to another project and probably never hear from them again. Kinda like JonTron, except he just took the suicide route.
>>
Haven't watched it since around january because every new series they released during that period were games I want to play myself but haven't done it because college.
I wish they released more Mario Maker episodes. I literally never get tired of those.
>>
>>385603728
Snorting coke in new york doing no work
>>
I think it goes without saying that it was a god-tier channel when it was just arin and jon.
They spot out and talk about the tiny specifics you wouldn't imagine anyone mentioning and talk about cult internet shit you grew up with.

While Oneyplays fills the void, it still can't top that era.
>>
Arin will become trans in the next 5 years. Screencap this.
>>
File: IMG_1113.jpg (83KB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1113.jpg
83KB, 1024x711px
>>385597464
Unwatchable.

How to game grump
>sex joke
>yell really loud "oh shit fuck my ass really hard"
>dan says uninteresting thing
>arin fake laughs really hard to ham up to 11 year old audience
>arin fake rages at some part of game because he didn't pay attention to instructions because he doesn't give a shit
>nothing of substance is said the whole episode
>end

FUCKING WHY?! Would anyone over the age of 13 watch this tripe? If you like game grumps you are clearly underage and need to leave. The ONLY reason Jon era gg was watchable was solely because of Jon. Arin is a fucking retard, so he made a couple of kinda funny web toons 10 years ago, he is still a boob. Fuck game grumps.

It's just a way for arin to feed his alcohol syndrome wife, and so he can go vacation in japan some more. Don't give these fuckers money by watching their shit.
>>
>>385597464
Same thing as always. Fuck e-celeb threads.
>>
>>385603632
Neither was classic Game Grumps
>>
>>385597704
Let me rephrase that

Literally who?
>>
>>385604089
>arin picks always the girl option
>tries to pretend he does it because hes a pervert
What gave you that idea?
>>
>>385598772
I'm gonna blow my brains out
>>
>>385597464
arin pls
>>
File: fagg.png (273KB, 364x369px) Image search: [Google]
fagg.png
273KB, 364x369px
>>385604372
just a hunch
>>
Anyone else remember when Arin was just known as that guy who made the sometimes good Newgrounds animations and went under the alias Egoraptor? No one? Okay.
>>
>>385605753
>animator realizes animating is shit and goes the let's play route
I sure haven't heard of this one before
>>
>>385597464
based and only hated by manchildren
>>
I still like it. Kinda bummed out that they stopped doing Steam Train.
>>
>>385600470
Oney's probably rubbing off on Arin.

His voice mannerisms are really infectious, you can hear it Ding Dong and Julian as well.
>>
>lol dan is such a yes man
>dan shits on arin on any given opportunity, always reminding him about the comments and what he's doing wrong
>>
File: DSC_0402 copy.jpg (823KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0402 copy.jpg
823KB, 800x1200px
I still mindlessly watch GameGrumps. I wish they would stop doing silly voices when reading in game text. Aside from that, GG is still entertaining to me.
>>
I am so glad that I never heard of then before shitposting on /v/
>>
I stopped watching it around the time the quit Castlevania 4. After that it started becoming increasingly apparent that they weren't having fun any more, and it just became a job for them.
>>
>>385599840
>drop the n word on a consistent bases

Once or twice is not consistent
>>
>>385601171
>Vinny & Mike
literally who?
>>
>>385598259
Pretty much the only valid response
>>
Dan needs to step Down. Still should be part of the group but he's obviously going through the motions now and he's played all of the few games he actually knows about. But he won't because of money (don't blame him) and all the fanboys and girls will cry because he's such a "loveable nice guy"
>>
>>385603787
>took the suicide route

>check twitter
>no comment in almost a month
>normally posted like once a day

Oh shit I think anon is right
>>
>>385606364
Ross was terrible and not funny. Barry was rarely funny and lacked charisma
>>
>>385606234
Their fanbase is little children
>>
>>385598047
dumb nico poster
>>
>>385607514
They werent completly fake like Arin.
>>
e-celebs please leave
>>
I'm genuinely surprised they still exist.
>>
>>385600443
>but both Arin and Ross don't like the animation in the game and think it's "overanimated"
That's ridiculous. It looks fantastic. And I'm know animation, I've read a lot about it, follow Japanese artists, and do it for fun in my spare time.
>>
>>385598654
That's probably how she and Arin met.
>>
>>385598654
She sucked mine at a con
>>
I want to save Danny from this corporate machine
>>
>>385608576
you would need to tell danny the truth first: he cant sing
>>
>>385608698
I actually like his voice on non-NSP stuff, but I don't think he's the greatest singer of all time like most GG/NSP fans seem to think
>>
>>385608698
Jon is a better singer

Jon > Danny in every way except in being "redpilled"
>>
>>385607670
I bet your parents say the same about you
>>
It's been going for so long now that it's just stale. It's an enterprise now rather than 2 dudes chilling.

I just realised that, since it's been going for 5 years now, there's definitely people watching it who don't know that Arin was an '''animator'''.

Also, been watching the Sonic '06 playthrough and it really highlights the differences.

> Arin: Should we call our fans "lovelies" (think that's what they call them now)
> Jon: We should call them cumfaggots (episode ends straight away)

Could you imagine the shitshow if that happened now? Even Doodle Doods gets edited to fuck to tone down Oney and Ross' humour so as not to offend as much.
>>
>>385597464
I think they are alright but I REALLY want their fucking office.
>>
>>385609290
I want their money instead. The office is eh-tier. Looks impressive, but also looks shitty to work in.
>>
Somebody's boarding a train to the Sleepytime Junction
>>
>>385604343
newfags need to leave
>>
>>385598047
>he replays a day stage because he can't figure out the glowing fucking door is his next objective

Sonic Unleashed on Wii is by no means good by goddamn Arin.
>>
>>385597464
when this let's player shit started, like before they were called let's play, it was genuinely hilarious as fuck shit to watch. now it's guys bullshitting reactions and baiting viewers.
>>
stopped watching before JonTron left, Game Grumps is still a thing?
>>
>>385599291
>Make a dumb and shallow linear-route VN based around a vogue meme-word
>Act like what your doing is noble and important representation #woke
Honestly they're so lucky they had Game Grumps to protect them. If they didn't the purity culture soft-boys uwu cunts that make up the game grumps fanbase and usually lynch people for doing less offensive shit would have made such a fuss. Textbook definition of exploitative.
>>
File: um no.jpg (25KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
um no.jpg
25KB, 1280x720px
>>385611505
THIS! Dream Daddy is exploitative of the gay community. Do not support this gross and toxic videogame. It is offensive to our gay comrades who have suffered enough. Please respect their proud culture.
>>
>>385597464
I generally think they've have improved.
But I kind of miss Steamtrain and Grumpcade and all of that. I guess the general quality of the videos might have been a bit lower on average, but I feel like there was a bigger variety of games on the channel when those two things were a thing. And I appreciated that.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.