[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Generic-only runs any fun? I love seeing what new, unique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

Are Generic-only runs any fun? I love seeing what new, unique skills the Uniques get.

Disgaea thread
>>
I always limit myself to 2-3 uniques because I want to unlock/explore the class trees naturally. Also I usually throw a monster in even if it doesn't always work out.
>>
File: disgaeasin.jpg (166KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
disgaeasin.jpg
166KB, 600x900px
Generics are the best
>>
How about this: Does anyone do less than 10 party members? Is there any argument for a smaller team that you level up more?
>>
I use generics almost exclusively. I even give them the same names every game.

Its fun.
>>
Is Phantom Brave harder than the Disgaea games? I feel like playing an SRPG with some difficulty, and after seeing people argue that Disgaea is relatively easy, I'm a bit discouraged from playing it since it seems like it's pretty much a cakewalk.
>>
File: 1332532565805.jpg (139KB, 545x244px) Image search: [Google]
1332532565805.jpg
139KB, 545x244px
How the fuck do you know what unlocks the classes without a guide?

Playing Disgaea 4 and shits just unlocking whenever it seems. CONFUZ
>>
>>385579208
get everything to like 100, something unlocks, level it to like 100, something unlocks, level it to 150, repeat till you get majins/angels etc
>>
>>385578549
having 1-3 overleveled character slaughtering everything makes the games esiest to beat. course you would still use all 10 slots for throwers
>>
I almost always ignore uniques in favor of generics and monsters. Those are the units that make Disgaea fun to me.
>>
>>385579126

I thought Phantom Brave was pretty hard, but for all I know I was playing it wrong. Units having a turn limit forces you to train a full group, and enemies stealing your weapons and throwing them out of bounds fucking cripples anyone you manage to save up and buy a good weapon for.

>>385578549

In some ways fewer characters is easier because you can actually afford to keep all their gear up to date. It's also so easy to overpower enemies in Disgaea games so all you really need is one good damage guy and a support or two.
>>
I love using generic classes, but some units like Axel or Almaz will always find a spot on my team. My favorite humanoids are either the Female Warrior or the Maid.

>>385579126
Yes, Phantom Brave is WAY harder than any Disgaea, there are ways to cheese it, just like in Disgaea, but it requires far more tactics on a per level basis. It's a very fun SRPG, I THINK there's a demo on Steam.
Alternately, try Soul Nomad, which is probably the hardest game from NIS period. Penultimate casual filter.
>>
Who are the best Unique units in D4? Vita version, of course.
>>
>>385581403
Maingame, Desco and Valvatorez are all you need. Val has an evility where he his stats increase per kill. Desco could be a magichange or fuse with a nekomata.
I'm not far in postgame but Tyrant Valvatorez and Gig work alright so far. Defeated Zetta and Pringer.
>>
>Been slowly plugging at d4
>Nuked starting generics and made a cute thief and red mage
>Also made a healer, but really want to ditch it for something less dull
>Everything else is uniques, that starting cat, and the two underleveled prinnies I kept because they had amusing names
I still have little idea what I'm doing, but it's working so far.
>>
>>385579126
Its harder than disgaea but its also 10x easier to snap the difficulty curve with failure dungeoning.
>>
>>385581791
At some point I realized I could level Valvatorez and Desco at the same time with magichange and then they were level 500 and I hadn't finished the main story.
I then used Desco to beat the rest of the game.

>>385577695
I like the idea of playing through with Generics but Uniques are just too cool.
>>
>>385579760
The hardest game from NIS period is Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman.
>>
>>385577695
Actually thinking about it.
Makai Kingdom doesn't have any Unique character till end game?
It might be why I like that game so much.
>>
Does Hero Prinny show up in any games other then D3? Really liked his games.
>>
>>385584521
No, he's only in D3.
>>
File: cattheif.jpg (733KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cattheif.jpg
733KB, 850x1200px
>>
File: fuka_kazamatsuri.jpg (372KB, 900x1247px) Image search: [Google]
fuka_kazamatsuri.jpg
372KB, 900x1247px
>>385584621
That's a shame. Any news on more Disgaea ports for PC? Want to play D4 but internet can't handle ganestreaming.
>>
>>385584971
We'll probably get Disgaea 5 before we get Dis 3 or 4.
I bought the Disgaea 3 4 D2 bundle for my PS3 despite already owning Dis 3.

I personally really want Makai Kingdom on PC, the psp version. Only Japan got that.
>>
>>385585254
I've been looking around for a PS3 or Vita to get those on. Haven't found any that weren't damaged or priced well.
>>
>>385585858
Shit sucks man.
I still have my original 40GB PS3.
Its the only original PS console I've owned that hasn't died horribly while it was still reasonable to buy a new one.
Original PS1 blew up.
Original PS2 supercharged its laser and melted several games before I figured out something was wrong.
Getting 2nd hand consoles is awful.
>>
>>385579341
Also, from D4 onwards you can pay mana to upgrade a character's class, so you don't need to create a new character and level them up all over again.

Just unlock the ordeals stage where you can grind, and put the generic in the mana and exp club as your main unit and you'll get classes really easily and quickly.
>>
File: 1499830876152.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1499830876152.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
>>385584641
>Get Thief up to snuff
>Start stealing the shit out of attributes
>Find a character with the name Loli
>Can steal Innocence from her
>>
File: b397745280862ae848395eadfed3aafb.jpg (162KB, 500x1405px) Image search: [Google]
b397745280862ae848395eadfed3aafb.jpg
162KB, 500x1405px
>>385586503
>>
>>385586408
This was a great feature.
I also liked the ability to pick which colour your character was in D4.
And later on in D5 being able to mess with the colours of a character manually was great, even though I sucked at it.

>>385586503
Stealing Attributes isn't worth it in the long run sad face
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.