[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Assault_on_Dark_Athena.jpg (24KB, 256x316px) Image search: [Google]
Assault_on_Dark_Athena.jpg
24KB, 256x316px
What are some cult games that are somehow overlooked and I can play on PC?
Pic related is awesome, way better than its predecessor.
>>
>>385574878
What counts as a cult game? I'd say Red Faction was pretty cool.
>>
>>385575629
A cult video game is a video game that has maintained a dedicated cult following among gaming enthusiasts, although not necessarily meeting commercial success upon release.
>>
Good timing OP, I just installed the original Butcher Bay. But it's got a fish-eye effect going on at all times and I can't find any way to fix it.
>>
>>385576569
Not aware of this issue, even though I have played the GOG version of Assault On Dark Athena which comes with the remastered version of Butcher Bay. Truly unique setting and tone for both of these games
>>
>>385574878
For me it was Dying Light. Great DLC and they are still updating it.

I have a friend who tried it and hated it because he couldn't kill zombies right away. That's why I love it. You start out weak and have to run from everything, cowering until sunrise. But you grow and become a head-stomping slayer running fearlessly through the night. Then you do the DLC and drive a dune buggy through waves of walkers.

Great game.
>>
File: Screen00.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screen00.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385576860
Not playing the remaster, playing the original, since the remaster totally fucked up the visuals, like remasters tend to do. From what I can tell from some blurry Xbox footage it doesn't seem to happen in that version, but I've tried switching to 4:3 and it still has the same problem like that too.
>>
File: Screen01.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screen01.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385577304
>>
>>385577347
This screenshot looks pretty sharp to be honest. The remastered version have some weird lightning effects, like everything is bright and oiled up, and some textures glitches on cutscenes. I've only chosen to play it cuz it comes handy with the whole bundle.
>>
>>385577953
The remaster is basically just "make all the lighting simpler and slap a bunch of filters over it instead".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAz52zlxAWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQy9f92yvgE

If it wasn't hard getting the original to run properly on modern systems it'd easily be the better choice.
>>
Anyone remember that Punic War MMO Vin wanted to fund? I'm guessing that fell flat pretty quick lol
>>
File: 2016-02-01_00005.jpg (187KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-01_00005.jpg
187KB, 1680x1050px
>>385574878
Pathologic.
>>
>>385578446
Is it ok to play this game for the 1st time blindfolded? I bought it on steam, but I've been procrastinating because it seems to require a large dedication/many hours into it and I can't do it right now.
>>
>>385574878
Bulletstom sold underwhelmingly but is a fun game with a unique "leash" mechanic. Story is okay. Gameplay is running from fight zone to fight zone like many games, but it is still a fun romp of a game that never got on the AAA radar.
>>
>>385578856
It's fine if you go into it not expecting to succeed the first time. It's definitely on the esoteric side.
>>
Evil Genius is pretty awesome
>>
File: cover.jpg (110KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
110KB, 353x500px
The cult visual novel.
>>
File: brain problems.png (22KB, 623x371px) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.png
22KB, 623x371px
>>385578206
Actually, after paying more attention, it turns out that the Dark Athena version has the same problem. So I guess you have to deal with it either way.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.