[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg (120KB, 1107x746px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg
120KB, 1107x746px
Did you like it?
>>
I think the first time i saw Snow and his band of fags i pretty much knew this game had no hope.
Then HOPE appeared an joined your party and turned into the worst party member in the series, like really twisted bad joke
>>
File: 1496217260372.webm (3MB, 620x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496217260372.webm
3MB, 620x720px
Main game was alright even if the levelling choice was pure illusion, accidentally skipped the part where it opened up but can't blame the game for me being a mong. OST got a bit samey but the battle theme was good, Leona Lewis can fuck off though. Story I had a hard time following, thing was all over the place

Didn't mind it overall but a game where party leader KO = gameover should not have a final boss with a Death spell. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot
>>
>>385573336
Not really. FFXIII-2 is great tho
>>
XIII-3 > XIII > XIII-2

Theyre all right. 2nd worse mainline FF after II but every FF is till ok at worst.
>>
>>385577560
Id actually probably rank 2 at the top if it didnt have so much story DLC, and the ending wasnt literally "fuck you, buy the next game"
>>
File: DelishPit.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DelishPit.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385573336
Yes, I liked it unironically and I liked it back in 09.
>>
I loved all three of them
>>
Nope. I managed to get maybe 8 hours in or something. None of the characters were interesting, the gameplay was just alright, the story was a mish mash of thousands of different ideas and concepts without much reason to care, and all of this was within progression that basically allowed little to no freedom/exploration. I remember quitting because I got so sick of constantly switching to different characters in different parts of the world doing different things. None of which I cared about or could keep track of half the time. I liked the premise of the game, being that the characters were marked and doomed if they did not complete their tasks. But the game just didn't go anywhere throughout what I played. Add to it, the combat was interesting but not particularly fun. It didn't have the full on action that some games allow, nor did it have the turn-based strategy that past FF entries had.

I'm sure it improved after some time, but I just couldn't stay interested in the world, story, or characters. The best thing I can say about the game is that it looked fantastic and had great music. But that's all it had from my perspective. It felt more like a convoluted tech demo sometimes.
>>
>>385573336
Not very much. It's not horrendously bad but not that good either. Same goes for the sequels too even though 13-2 does fix a lot of 13's problems.
>>
>>385577560
This
>>
File: image.gif (88KB, 540x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
88KB, 540x297px
It's linear until you get to Gran Pulse, then it lets you off the leash. The same complaint can be made for X, but unlike in that game, the scenic scale of the landscapes more than makes up for it. There's less inventive to run back and forth so you don't feel like your time is being wasted.

The party splits up and reunites in all kinds of ways, dare I say, not unlike in FFVI. So by the time da squad's all together there's actually a sense of solidarity and a shared focus in defying your Focus.

It's a long game, as is a staple of the series, but not due to the amount of level grinding that's required but because there's just that much in dialogue going on between the characters.

I'm currently playing FFXIII-2, because it's eye candy and a because I'm an unrepentant waifufag. I probably won't touch LR:FFXIII because I don't really care whether Lightning lives or dies, or returns for that matter.

Yea, I like it.
>>
>>385578494

incentive*
Also, I'm doing this on a tablet which is why my gif won't move.
>>
Its good, not great. No one mentions how great the soundtrack is.
>>
>>385573336
I enjoyed it even though it's definitely one of the weakest FF games. The sequels were much improved, with XIII-2 being legit good and LR bring great.
>>
>>385578494
>Im playing XIII-2 but not going to play LR

Ill warn you now, XIII-2 ends with a literal "To Be Continued..."
>>
Loved it, then started to hate it, beat the game and thought it was pretty good, then platinumed it and loved it again by the end.

Could only get about 2 hours into the sequel and I never even bothered with the 3rd.
>>
>>385577868
I did too. The ending was very satisfying. XV's ending was depressing and tragic as fuck.
>>
>>385578494
TIME
AND
SPACE
>>
>>385573336
No. I played it all the way to Vanille's summon battle and I gave the fuck up.
I didn't want to go back and grind any fucking more like I had to with Robo-Pope and I didn't understand the story at all.
Only thing I'll give this game is that it visaully looks great. Otherwise I can't say I really enjoyed playing it, or its characters.
>>
I do, but I like it less as time goes on. As I've replayed the game more to do challenge runs for it, I've realized it really does take a long time for the game to pick up even in the slightest, even for a JRPG. And that's with skipping the cutscenes, of which there is a ludicrous amount. There are several zones that simply didn't need to exist. There was no reason to keep the party members separated so harshly for so long. There are several zones that could have been great, but were held back due to the game being on the 360. There was also very little to do outside of the main story. Even for a first-time player, over 2/3rds of the missions could be done with stats one should have going into the final battle, and none of them required anything special to do.

The battle system was superb. The story, up until the final boss fights, was actually really good. The characters were OK. It just took too long to get going, and by the time it did get going, the game was almost over, even if it was a wonderful game during that.
>>
>>385581275
I forgot it also came out on 360.

I bet thats the reason we couldnt backtrack, because it had to be split across multiple discs. They didnt want 360 players to skip backwards in discs to backtrack.
>>
>>385573336
Is it bad I want to see this remade as a side scrolling beat 'em up like Konamis X-Men arcade game
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.