[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't Nintendo capitalised on a Pokemon MMO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1500042732632.jpg (52KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1500042732632.jpg
52KB, 500x647px
Why hasn't Nintendo capitalised on a Pokemon MMO?
>>
>>385555782
>nintendo
>online anything
they also get rid of them prematurely
>>
1) MMOs cost a shit ton of money to develop.
2) The playstyle wouldn't fit for an MMO. You'll Quickly find out how insignificant you are compared to turbo autists that play all day and night and/or the entire focus will be on 'endgame' and having a full roster of the same selection out of 15 legendaries or else you'll eat shit all day every day.
>>
>>385555782
Pokemon would gain nothing form being an MMO and if you think it would you don't know shit about game design
>>
>why
see: Pokemon Go
>>
Because Pokemon doesn't need to be an MMO, and it wouldn't fit anyway.

It's carved its own path. Unless you wanna tell me about all the other turn-based monster collecting games with fleshed out PVP.
>>
>>385555782
Pokemon GO is Massively Multiplayer Outside.
>>
>putting all that work into an MMo when they make billions with Pokemon go
>>
>host servers worldwide+continuously update the game every month or two+hiring shit like GMs

versus

>make a singleplayer pokemon game, sell 15 million regardless
>>
>>385555782
Because the heart and soul of Pokemon is the Poke(t) part, not just the monsters, but the games themselves, and that's something Nintendo holds like a mantra.
>>
File: 1491617187095.png (422KB, 400x486px) Image search: [Google]
1491617187095.png
422KB, 400x486px
>meet Lillie in the inevitable Kanto remake
>she has a brown bf
>>
>>385555782
Because they wouldn't be able to keep capitalizing on the portable games they shit all the time and the MMO would die eventually,its better to just keep shitting more singleplayer games, again and again, until it stops being profitable.
>>
>>385555782
Target demographic is too young to play MMOs. Nintendo doesn't want to admit to capitalizing on the manchildren market, which they'd have to if they put out an MMO.
>>
>>385556136
This. I think it would be safe and better if the make a Pokémon game like Xenoblade Chronicles X. Replace skells with flying Pokémon, tyrants with rare ones, prone bases with team whatever bad guys camps, etc. They only need to adjust the gameplay, included online features, and setting properly for a Pokemon game.
>>
PokeMMO already exists.
>>
>>385557052
I would totally play a Pokemon game like that, but according to Nintendo they must spend the least amount of money developing Pokemon games to obtain maximum profit.
>>
>>385555782
>Running an MMORPG takes significantly more effort for what usually amounts to a worse game than a traditional RPG anyway
>They probably wouldn't even make as much money off of running an MMO as they do by just scamming parents into buying a new gen/remake every year
>MMO's aren't really suitable for under 12's which is the main demographic of Pokemon
>MMO's are shit
Take your pick, or I could keep going if you like
>>
>>385555782
>anually launch an effortless rehash of the game and sell millions of copies

I don't know, OP, why whould they launch a game that would need constant engagement so it don't die in a year or two?

Nips are cost effective and like results.
>>
File: lillie.jpg (73KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
lillie.jpg
73KB, 700x900px
>you will never play a pokemon MMO and be forced to ERP with someone because you lost
>>
File: IMG_0281.png (112KB, 269x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.png
112KB, 269x219px
>Pokemon is angame that would benefit massively from the open world meme destroying modern gaming
>will never actually happen
>>
Why spend money on something they need to give maintenance and updates when they can milk retards and nostalgia fags selling them the same game over and over again?

A MMO is a stupid idea in their eyes.
>>
>>385558723
anon...
>>
They should make a Monster Hunter style Pokemon game
>>
File: 1347315828187.gif (1MB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1347315828187.gif
1MB, 200x195px
>>385558375
Don't be coy with us, anon. You could have just asked if anyone wanted a Lillie to "play" with.
>>
>>385558903
They should make their pokken more like naruto fighting game or the dbz budokai tenkaichi series.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.