[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'll do anything for you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 421
Thread images: 95

i'll do anything for you
>>
game is shit. why anyone would play a game with such horrible combat is a goddamn mystery
>>
>>385555527
Because of everything else

Bloodlines is worth playing even if you plan on having god mode enabled from the start
>>
>>385555353
worst bitch

>>385555527
>combat is everything
retard

not to mention that the le combat is bad meme is spread primarily by shitters that never bothered to use their level up and use their disciplines. Combat's certainly not good, but it's not irredeemable trash either, as many like to jump on the bandwagon and hate on it.
>>
>>385555787
>worst bitch
you sir, are completely right. she rubs me the wrong way with everything she says. especially when she tried to give me her college loan
>>385555725
This. The atmosphere and writing alone makes me love it. As well as the art
>>
File: 11_sybil danning.jpg (43KB, 438x600px) Image search: [Google]
11_sybil danning.jpg
43KB, 438x600px
>>385555787
The biggest problem with combat is that the game gives you the illusion that you can talk your way out of encounters, which you can in Santa Monica, excluding the painting demon anyway. I remember getting absolutely fucked on my first playthrough because I made a smooth talking toreador with very poor combat skills and I ended up getting stuck in the holywood sewers.

But still, the dialogue, voice acting and big vampire titties more than made up for my shitty first impression of the game.
>>
>>385555353
Like become not ugly?
>>
>>385555527
Combat was not the focus of the game at all. With a sneaky diplomatic build you could finish almost 60% of the game without being forced into sustained combat (i.e. a fight where you couldn't be carried by a single cast of blood buff)
>>
>>385556470
>big vampire titties
that reminds me
>you go out of your way to be an asshole to all of them
>one rewards you with forgetting that you did so
Would I have gotten something different from Velvet?
>>385556570
no matter what appearance you change of hers, she just looks bad.
>>385556674
this. i did a stealth Nosferatu run to get the rewards for not killing anyone in places like the Museum
>>
>>385556470
The NPCs repeatedly tell you to not neglect your combat skills. Jack tells you, Nines tells you, Beckett tells you etc. The game does well in giving you many options to complete the quests that can theoretically have many solutions. But it also makes it clear that there will be parts where smooth talking won't cut it. Or did you expect to reason with an eviscerated pregnant 3-woman merged monstrosity? It's the world of darkness for fuck's sake.

The proper criticism belongs in the game's final missions for being long combat slogs, not for the game having quests that can only be completed through combat. Even at the beginning of the game there are quests that can't be completed with diplomacy (Gimble's quest, Cathayan quest). That should've tipped you off at the very least.
>>
>>385556869
>Gimble
>you can send him to the blood bank to get killed by Vandal
>>
>>385557089
No you can't, that's a plus patch addition, not in the base game which is for first playthroughs.
>>
>>385557089
You can't do that unless you're using the Plus Patch, and even then the average player is probably going to do Gimble's quest before Vandal's, or at least finish Vandal's quest right away since there are ways to get it done immediately.
>>
>>385555527
I think the game does well when it comes to how choices effect the future although there are times were the dialogue choices go to the same thing no matter what . A good example of choices in dialogue mattering is Tourette in Sibling Rivalry
>>385557371
Doesn't plus patch also make it easier to save both Therese and Jeannette?
>>
how come we haven't had a proper vtmb thread in the last few days?
>>
File: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (5KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg
5KB, 251x201px
>>385559084
I dunno anon. I'm pretty new to the game and just wanted to see what people on /v/ think of it.
>>
>>385559313
/v/ is probably the only place on the internet that still consistently has bumped out threads on this game. But there are a few dead periods when no new players pick it up and regular posters take a break so there is a lack of threads. I'm just kinda surprised because this should be holiday season for many people, and threads always pick up during holidays.

That said, I'd advise you not to frequent these threads too much if you haven't completed this game yet, there are many posters that disregard spoiler warnings and just post anything they want.
>>
File: nofun.jpg (3KB, 118x124px) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
3KB, 118x124px
>>385559667
alright. I'm on the zombie mission still in Hollywood. Who thought it was a good idea to put 2 gates so far away from eachother?
>>
>>385559825
It's the most difficult mission in the game to complete, celerity is the only thing that somewhat normalises its difficulty. It's notorious enough that people just refuse the quest so Romero gives them the easier one.
>>
>>385560073
if that's the case, i'm going to try my hardest then and beat it. any recommended strategy? i'm a Nosferatu and I have the Revolver, Shin Gouto and the Shotgun Romero gave me.
>>
>>385559667
>there are many posters that disregard spoiler warnings and just post anything they want.

How dare they, the game is only 12 years old!
>>
>>385560480
Honestly, it might not even be worth your time. You can do the other quest Romero offers you instead of this one (you can't do both), which is more interesting, you only get 1 less exp. point than the zombie quest.

But if you really want to do this, I'd recommend using the shin gunto and potence to slash the zombies. Spam the forward slash (don't keep clicking; don't perform the 3-slash combo, space out your clicks appropriately so you only do the forward slash as fast as possible) and try to aim your sword higher so it slashes at their heads. Headshots are instakill for the zombies and can be done both with melee and ranged. Since you're not a ranged specced character with celerity, I wouldn't recommend guns for speed killing, but you could try and see how fast you clear the waves with fast headshots and see if it suits you.
>>
>>385556869
>The NPCs repeatedly tell you to not neglect your combat skills
Not to mention that every clan has at least one combat oriented Discipline and access to Blood Buff, so combat outside of boss battles is a joke
>>
>>385560643
And these last few years this board has been steadily encouraging new players to try this game, rendering the 12-year excuse moot. The game isn't dead, it's still being played both on here and other places.

Even if all of that didn't matter though, my post was meant to be descriptive. I simply explained the situation so he could act accordingly.
>>
>>385560909
More interesting than the zombie slaying? I might as well if you say so.

Ah, that's were i've been wrong. I keep doing the 3 slash combo. Trying to clear waves with the Revolver is easy too until more show up.
>>
>>385561152
These last few years the board also became shit because of newfags that casually ask about VtMB like it's some kind of obscure game.
>>
>>385561206
I mean, I don't exactly consider the quest to be interesting, so pretty much anything would be better, unless you love the combat. The other quest is very small just like the zombie quest, but the 2 dialogue interactions it has are more interesting for me than the zombie slaying fest. It depends on what you like.
>>
>>385560643
And you should totally not open it
>>
>>385561494
Alright. I just read the patch allows me to do both though. Was it a bad choice to install it?
>>
>>385561409
To be fair, that's because the game isn't discussed anywhere else. It's only natural that people get to know about this game here. Gamefaqs board is dead, reddit is dead, and you never see it in normie top RPG lists. Yet it is in /v/'s top 10 games (not just RPGs) ever, so that gets it attention from people that have never heard of it before. If my brother hadn't picked this game 13 years ago out of some misplaced infatuation with vampire themes, I probably would've learned of this game on /v/ as well.
>>
>>385561679
Isn't that the plus version? Or did you install the basic version and it still allows you to do both?
>>
>>385561786
i'm sure i downloaded the patch plus.
>>
What's the patch installation order?
I want to go back for my 7th playthrough but my portable installation stuffed up.
>>
Heather's a good girl.
>>
>>385562139
>patch installation order
You should only be using one.
>>
>>385561948
You can't download the plus patch. You download the unofficial patch which has 2 versions inside, the plus and basic. You can install only one of them.

Anyway, if you installed plus patch, it restores some unfinished content/levels and makes some questionable design choices to move items/special objects from their original positions which is why it's recommended to use the basic version (just bugfixes) for first playthrough. That said, it's not that much of a deal, many of the questionable decisions you won't notice at all because you can't compare it with the original. If you also use the revised disciplines then that makes the game a bit more difficult but also removes some fun skills, although for Nosferatu there's no difference iirc.

So all in all, you should be just fine. Only the library level is fan-made restored content (questionable quality), so keep that in mind if you ever come across it.
>>
File: Voerman_Sisters_by_Aelphaba94.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Voerman_Sisters_by_Aelphaba94.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>385562192
You mean Therese
>>
>>385561721
Yeah well, "lurk more" had a meaning once.
>>
>>385562401
>it's recommended to use the basic version (just bugfixes)
the basic patch changes shit too, if you want a pure vanilla experience get the true patch gold.
>>
>>385562321
I had wesp's and the clan quest mod IIRC
>>
>>385562492
>the basic patch changes shit
True, but very minimal changes if my mind serves me right. It's a sacrifice that has to be made in light of all the bugfixing. The last version of the UP fixed the infamous skyline bug for example, do you think the true patch that hasn't been updated for years can do the same?
>>
>>385562513
Clan quest mod comes with a certain release of the unofficial patch so you might have issues if you are using a newer version of wesps
>>
>>385562513
Clan Quest uses a different version of wesp's patch that's included with it I think.
>>
>>385562628
>infamous skyline bug
what?
>>
>>385562845
the one where the doorknobs and chairs in the skyeline apartments in downtown are replaced by various objects like chairs or floating werewolf heads, clipping horribly through everything.
>>
File: 1498808737865.gif (30KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498808737865.gif
30KB, 125x125px
>>385556796
>>385556674

>try to play the game non-combat
>get to the painting demon

lol good one fans, good one troika
>>
>>385563215
>blood guardian
>difficult
I will admit, I got lucky my guy randomly frenzied towards the end but he wasn't much of a challenge. What I don't understand is why I couldn't just drink him.
Plaguebarer on the other hand was kind of tedious if you didn't corner lock him and duck when ever he shot.
>>
>>385563215
>non-combat
What exactly did you expect?
>>
>>385562845
In my experience that building is bugged to hell
Sometimes every object is replaced by another, eg everything in the room becomes a chair so you can't move
The PC is unresponsive and can't be accessed
The elevator stops working or will only go to certain floors
I think in some version there's a guard in there you sometimes attacks you as he's psychically aware of you unlocking doors
>>
how the fuck do you even play as nosferatu
wont you miss 80% of the game?
>>
File: Bach Satan.png (486KB, 550x911px) Image search: [Google]
Bach Satan.png
486KB, 550x911px
>>385555353
vampires are fucking assholes who go around mind raping and enslaving people.

they all need to (finally) die
>>
>>385555527
I actually enjoyed the combat for the most part, I think my build was just unarmed and I did pretty well. I did have to activate godmode for that fucking chinese bitches fight though I'll admit.
>>
>>385563626
You don't actually have to use the sewers, unless you go around scaring GROUPS of people intentionally or cops, then you get no masquerade violation. Plus NPC's vision cone is quite small so it's no problem.

But even if you use the sewers there's access points to all the important parts of a hub, with all the quests and NPCs that you can talk to.
>>
>>385563626
>ohmygod GET AWAY FROM ME
>stay away, leave
>AHHHHHHH
everytime with prostitutes. I also love going to clubs, dancing, and creeping everyone out.
>>
>>385556470
>>385563215
I have no idea where the idea came from that this is in any way a combat optional game.
The tutorial has unavoidable combat and so does Santa Monica never mind Downtown, so how would you get all the way through Hollywood and suddenly be unable to complete the sewers?
>>
>>385563626
You just don't TOUCH people on the street and you're ok to go.
>>
>>385564303
>walking casually
>accidentally get too close
>MASQUERADE VIOLATION!
I actually made this mistake the first time playing by walking straight up to a police officer.
>>
>>385555353
Was pretty hot
>>
>>385564557
What's considered "too close"? Bumping into them or some invisible circle based around them or something
>>
>>385564557
Yeah cops are the exception, even if it's just one one of them, scaring them gets you a criminal violation and a masquerade violation. Normal civvies need to be scared repeatedly and in some number (3 or more civilians) to get you a violation.
>>
>>385564557
Masquerade violations make the game more fun.
>>
>>385564687
bumping
>>385564693
false. sometimes i will randomly bump one and then there is a violation.
>>385564729
how so? i thought 5 gets you a game over or whatever.
>>
>>385564861
5 is a game over but the other levels make hunters start spawning on the map.
>>
>>385564687
Not a circle around them, if you're behind them nothing happens. Getting very close in front of them does the trick, or just bumping into them. Just experiment with it yourself, the range is short and only in front.

>>385564861
>sometimes i will randomly bump one and then there is a violation.
Only if you've scared others before. I've never had a masquerade violation by just scaring only 1 person after entering the hub. You sure?
>>
So is all the extra shit added by the plus patch like sending Gimble to Vandal material that was cut from the game and put back in, or is it just fan made stuff the creator thought would be cool?
>>
>>385565049
I dunno. some people look the same. I walk out of a building right into someone sometimes, but maybe i'm wrong.
>>385565005
>make hunters start spawning on the map
Sounds like a blast.
>>
>>385556674
if you have no points into combat you are severely punished towards the end
>>
>>385565092
some of it is fan made, some of it is restored from unused files, and some of it is fan made based on cut things that aren't available in their entirety.
the library level is fan made but it's based on old screenshots and unused assets.
>>
>>385565092
I'm not sure on interactions like that but I think Wesp has stated that all 'new' stuff comes from existing materials that weren't used
>>
>>385565318
so what's fan made?
>>
>>385565092
All of it is supposed to be restored based on full or partial unused files left behind by the developers. How exactly something is restored though requires the creativity of the person doing the restoring.

>>385565217
I could be wrong too, I'll test it again sometime.

Also, not that guy, but hunters start showing up after you've done 2 masquerade violations or more. You can get the torch by killing the hunters early on as a good melee weapon.
>>
>>385565404
most of the library
more dialogue options like being able to persuade the thugs at the diner to leave you alone
some npc only weapons being added to the regular game like the sheriff's sword and the claws one of the kuei-jin bosses used
>>
>>385565603
> being able to persuade the thugs at the diner to leave you alone
I could've done that? I think because i'm Nosferatu that I couldn't. Or my lack of Persuasion.
>>
>>385565858
It's never obvious, they all use generic thug models and you can only do it as soon as you walk in because when you go for the phone they start shooting.
>>
>>385565603
>some npc only weapons being added to the regular game like the sheriff's sword
The fuck? I know about the claws which is a decent addition but how can you get the sword?
>>
>>385565952
Yeah. I died when i went to the phone. The 2nd time prompted me but I couldn't say anything to avoid it.
>>
>>385555353
BUT I WONT DO THAT
>>
>>385566547
there isn't anything Heather won't do for you. Poor girl probably didn't have much in her life
>>
>>385565603
I kind of want to play again to see this stuff but I've done three completions so it all gets a bit repetitive
Does anyone else deal with, how do get over it?
Will there ever be any comparable successor for this game?
>>
File: 1500738557927.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500738557927.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>385566694
>Does anyone else deal with, how do get over it?
I don't, I haven't played the game in years. Maybe in another decade when I've forgotten one or two lines of dialogue or selective amnesia for a price becomes a thing.
>>
>>385566972
>Maybe in another decade when I've forgotten one or two lines of dialogue
How many times have you played it?
>>
>>385566694
Play malkavian or nosferatu. If you've already done so, do a low humanity run which changes quite a lot of dialogue. Maybe pick a clan with interesting disciplines to play around with (Celerity, Obfuscate, Thaumaturgy).

If you've done all of it, you could try clan quest mod for the unique clan quests. Other than that, just wait out long enough to forget the game so you can replay it.
>>
>>385567154
A playthrough with every clan every year since I discovered the game so around 7 I guess. I still post in every VTMB thread even though I haven't touched the game in forever.
>>
>>385567213
I've never done Nosferatu so maybe I'll do it eventually. I normally try replaying every Halloween so maybe this year.
>>
Do unofficial patches nerf blood magic? I remember being able to blood boil supernaturals in base game but here they just get like 50 damage which is laughable.
>>
>>385567678
I never played base but afaik only humans are instakilled by blood boil
The plus patch changes rank 4 thaumaturgy so the damage values might have been changed also.
I think for bosses just use rank 2 to stun then magic missile chain fire
>>
File: magicmissle.png (317KB, 720x443px) Image search: [Google]
magicmissle.png
317KB, 720x443px
am i the only one who enjoys pissing her off?
>>
>>385568917
She's really cute when she's angry, and she's always angry.
>>
>>385568917
I think the /v/ consensus is that she's the best waifu
>>
File: Damsel (3).webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Damsel (3).webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>385568917
No
>>
>>385569349
>calls me a cammy like i'm a communist
She shows just the right amount of emotion in her face and voice, especially when you tell her that you saw Nines at the mansion.
>>
File: 2017-07-18 19_19_15-Greenshot.jpg (1MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-18 19_19_15-Greenshot.jpg
1MB, 2880x1620px
>>
>>385569940
I killed her the first time, reloaded my save after realizing that it was pointless. Then I killed her again because I couldn't do her quests if I sent the reporter away. I give her Patty, what else could she need?
>>
>>385569349
wow I thought the options was normally in italics, guess I was wrong
>>
>>385570201
You can convince her that you killed the reporter if you have high enough persuasion.
>>
>>385570201
You can later find the reporter in his skyscraper apartment and convince him to go back to the hospital.
>>
Favorite song? I'd say Asylum, Vesuvius or Crypt Combat
>>385570403
>>385571000
shit, guess next time.
>>
What clan should i pick if i want to be a seductive vampire with a focus on mind control-like spells?

Is that even possible?
>>
>>385571794
For ambiance:
Hollywood Hub Theme
Vampire Theme (main theme)

For licensed music:
Asp Hole (Tiamat - Cain)
Asylum (Chiasm - Isolated)
The Last Round (Genitorturers - Lecher Bitch)
>>
>>385572043
Yes, Toreador.
>>
>>385572043
Any clan with dominate can do that, but it's not that helpful in my opinion. Ventrue or tremere would be my recommendation
>>
>>385572280
I can't feel for most club music or The Last Round except for Asylum.
>>
I always had to fap after a VTMB session
>>
>>385572782
I haven't yet
But I do keep coming back to Therese and I Jump on her head and make her do a roll. It's pretty funny actually
>>
Say it with me lads
ISOLATED
S
O
L
A
T
E
D
>>
>>385563830
Yeah, I absolutely loved playing Gangrel. I never got why people disliked the combat. The only times I didn't rip and tear was in the Hollywood sewers where I just used a Glock + Colt combo, and it was easy.
>>
File: 1415311207539.jpg (66KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1415311207539.jpg
66KB, 480x640px
>>385573025
AND I
I COULD'VE DIED LAST NIGHT
>>
File: 1498060635215.png (658KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
1498060635215.png
658KB, 1180x842px
>walk into a nightclub
>Tiamat suddenly starts playing
that was unexpected back in days
>>
>>385573025
I'll never crawl again
I'll never fall again
Until I'm fREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>385573257
>walk into a nightclub
>it starts off silent but everyone is still dancing to it somehow
>>
This vid popped up in my recommendations. Halfway through it right now, seems pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFLdh7g9dBU
>>
>>385574002
what's it about?
>>
FUCK this game is so good. I've actually only finished it once, played half of it like 5 times through out the years though.

I'm so hype for werewolf the apocalypse.
>>
File: vampire bloodlines plot.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
vampire bloodlines plot.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>
>>385574609
> played half of it like 5 times through out the years though.
what's stopping you from going all the way?
>>
File: who. is. that. girl.jpg (53KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
who. is. that. girl.jpg
53KB, 150x200px
>>385574785
>>
>>385575013
Not that guy, but if a game isn't gripping enough I usually find myself just neglecting to continue playing the game and instead keep choosing something else instead.

I managed to avoid it with this game, but I only really got myself to play about a single quest a week partway through Hollywood.
>>
File: whoisthatgirl.png (46KB, 126x154px) Image search: [Google]
whoisthatgirl.png
46KB, 126x154px
>>385575317
that scene scared me because as soon as I walked into Asylum, the camera zoomed through the wall into her at fast speed
>>
>>385575613
this happens to me with Fallout NV.
>>
>>385575013

crashes and re-installing os. I had a stroke of bad luck.
>>
File: 2014-12-31_00001.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-31_00001.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
>>385575619
The game loved to do that and it always freaked me out too.
>>
Weren't her tits uneven and it got really obvious with a little bit of money?
>>
>>385575782
it happened again with the plaguebarer in the hotel. Also, for some reason, the lady in the hotels face was kind of smashed.
>>385575830
everything about Heather is uneven
>>
File: 1498655835173.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498655835173.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>385555353
Well you better like anal then.
>>
>>385562984
Screenshot? I have never seen it.
>>
>>385575737
that's sad to hear
>>385575782
>save Jeanette
>tells you how lonely she gets
>attempting to talk to her gives her a permanent neck slouch and sad face
>>
>>385556470
>mfw hybrid smooth talker/ superspeed gunslinger Toreador
>>
>>385563626
The only quest you can't do is the bitch with the church nightclub. Other than you can do all the content as a sewer rat
>>
>>385576832
>The only quest you can't do is the bitch with the church nightclub
what? I did her quest after doing the black dude with an afro's quest
>>
>>385576638
That was my build on my first playthrough. I thought I'd be a hustler, not a fighter, but it turned out I could do both.
>>
>>385576986
As a Nosferatu?
>>
>>385555353
>She died in my playthrough

But why, pretty sure I didnt trigger the flag that causes her death. Or maybe that flag was worthless, with all those revised versions you never know. Japanese chick didnt help me in the last dungeon either despite doing her quest
>>
>>385577541
yes. did you do the dealers mission in Downtown?
>>
>>385577595
>tell her to go back to your place
>tell her to stay there after she kidnaps some guy
or did it bug for you?
>>
File: tenor.gif (1020KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
1020KB, 320x212px
>>385577613
Yeah. How strange, I wonder where I fucked up
>>
File: 1483893074948.png (37KB, 852x541px) Image search: [Google]
1483893074948.png
37KB, 852x541px
Camarilla pride worldwide
>>
File: smugifiend.jpg (51KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
smugifiend.jpg
51KB, 592x533px
>>385577792
Which chick did you talk to in the bar? The one at the counter, right? I dunno if there's any dialogue that upsets her. She just has you tell russians that she has no money, and then you kill her boss or something.
>>385577893
my man.
>mfw trying to fight Nines early
>>
>>385569349
How can a 13 year old games facial expressions and gestures be light years ahead of Mass Effect Andromeda? Talk about characters that with character.
>>
>>385555353
Why is the begining animation of the guys shooting you so fucking bad?.
Why the fuck the sneaking animation is so weird?.
Why the hell everytime you shoot someone they shoot you back inmeaditly like they counter you?.
>>
>>385578137
>Why the hell everytime you shoot someone they shoot you back inmeaditly like they counter you?.
This or when an enemy hits you instantly back mid combo.
>>385569349
I was surprised by it too. Some animations are still a bit off when it comes to them looking at the ground and then back at you.
>>
>>385578338
whoops meant to reply to >>385578117
>>
>>385577893
kek, anymore of these?
>>
File: 1458390947269.gif (152KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458390947269.gif
152KB, 400x300px
Threadly reminder that Antediluvians don't exist. Don't believe ((((their)))) lies.
>>
>>385571794
>Favorite song?
Definitely Isolated in the Asylum, I started listening to the rest of Chiasm's music because of that and get goosebumps from most of the albums
>>
>>385578338
Is really fucking annoying.
More if they have a slow weapon like a crossbow.
>>
File: 1494091422214.png (32KB, 852x541px) Image search: [Google]
1494091422214.png
32KB, 852x541px
>>385578473
>>
>>385578559
Yeah. The patch couldn't fix the combat. It made Plaguebarer annoying because while smacking him, he somehow can just reload and then shoot me mid combo unless I duck and smack him again.
>>
>>385578137
Troika started making the game on the Source engine before HL2 was even released and they had to make some of their own dev tools. The animations probably could've been better but I don't mind them, however I'll agree that instant return shot from enemies can be annoying. Trying to unload a deagle on those Asian monks and they end up firing 12 crossbow bolts back just as quickly is frustrating as hell.
>>
>>385571794
Darling Violetta - A Smaller God, the song that plays in the downtown hotel
>>
>>385578694
But the Sabbat praise the Antediluvians. Why would they say that LaCroix is their pawn?
>>
>>385578761
Does it play there too? I haven't wandered around there for a while since I know the game inside and out now, but I know it plays on the beach at Santa Monica. If you like that song and haven't listened to the album "Parlour" that it's from, you should. It's pretty good.

https://youtu.be/lNUfV3LxW0I
>>
>>385578892
Don't ask me, I didn't made the image.
>>
>>385556152
>the art
It literally looks like Second Life.
>>
>>385578892
>But the Sabbat praise the Antediluvians.
They think the Antediluvians are going to destroy them in Gehenna, they don't praise them. They just acknowledge they exist and think they should destroy them first.
>>
>>385578737
Im just saying that because only that animation that i remember are really really bad and is in begining.
>>
>>385578918
yeah, there is a concert in one of the ball rooms.
>link
pretty good song, thanks, guess I will listen to the whole album
>>
>>385578918
On the radio on the beach I think? I actually prefer the song they use on the beach itself.
>>
File: Nosferatu concept.jpg (29KB, 604x410px) Image search: [Google]
Nosferatu concept.jpg
29KB, 604x410px
>>385578980
get a load of this goyim
>>
File: 1415124254954.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415124254954.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385578694
>Christopher Houghton
So were we actually working for this brat in Hollywood? Was Isaac just another pawn?
>>
>>385578338
With the eyes moving around and the hands and fingers moving you can really see the character processing the thought. When it comes to that VTMB is unique, even on-rails Naughty Dog games don't have that level of quality for every single conversation and they only have like 10 hours of dialogue to script.
>>
>>385579076
the intro video got horrendous animation
>>
>>385578918
Damn that's good. Makes me feel nostalgic for some reason. It's bringing me feels that I didn't know I was capable of having. Fuck you and thanks.
>>
>>385579167
It kinda makes me sad because that probably scared off some players.
>>
>>385579140
Well when I look at it like that, it really does look brilliant. Still surprised me how good it is
>>385579167
you mean the first scene in game or? First time I saw that, I laughed my ass off. Guy comes in and just throws a stake into your sires chest
>>
>>385578918
>Darling Violetta
Just looked them up on Spotify, didn't know they did the Angel theme song, too.
>>
>>385579027
Oh, I must have confused it with the fact that they praise Cain then.
>>
Stop right there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-EDxNxEe4
>>
>>385579412
>>385579318
Yeah, it all looks great when you got that semi close up going on during a dialogue, but especially when the summit is over and the vampires walk out of the theater there is some kind of collision going on
>>
File: 01.jpg (247KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
247KB, 800x600px
>>385559313
>I'm pretty new to the game

I sort of envy you

shit's rad, man

play vampire: the masquerade - redemption afterwards if you're lusting for more VTM and don't mind mediocre gameplay

nWoD is shit
>>
>rpg codex shills who think dialog trees = gameplay
>>
>>385571794
Downtown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQY5rqjDDj0

I sometimes go outside during night, and listen to it, hella relaxing
>>
File: 3Z1WgyvLByc.jpg (113KB, 715x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3Z1WgyvLByc.jpg
113KB, 715x1080px
Fresh Russian cosplay.
>>
>>385579638
>trying to open door that has passcode in museum
>can't because some security guard is bugged near it
>>385579852
give
>>
File: 23523465.jpg (246KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
23523465.jpg
246KB, 666x666px
!
>>
>>385579734
TO THE ABYSS WITH THEE
>>
File: kQPZ85DVFJE.jpg (128KB, 1280x807px) Image search: [Google]
kQPZ85DVFJE.jpg
128KB, 1280x807px
>>
File: rawrx3.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rawrx3.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
>>385579920
>thinking that's an enemy at first
>instantly obscurate
>>385579734
is it a different time period i'm guessing?
>>
>>385579852
>no fangs
0/10 shitty cosplay
>>
>>385580036
First half of the game is set in medieval Praag, during crusades.

Other half is modern nights.
>>
>>385580036
>is it a different time period i'm guessing?
You start in medieval times and then fast forward to the present AFAIK.
>>
>>385579921
>AUGH
>IT BURNS
>I FEEL THE BEAST RISING TO CONSUME ME
>>
>>385555353
Was bach wrong?.
How the hell you can even kill it if you are a vampire
>>
>>385580204
>Was bach wrong?.

about what?
>>
>>385580112
>>385580148
sweet. I always wanted to see some sort of past age with vampires.
>>
File: 11213156679843234.jpg (48KB, 604x476px) Image search: [Google]
11213156679843234.jpg
48KB, 604x476px
>>385579852
>>
File: 01.jpg (110KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
110KB, 800x600px
>>385580112
>Other half is modern nights.

god that shit blew my mind as a kid, I legit thought it would just be a high fantasy type game

>end up fighting a giant mutated nosferatu trained alligator in the sewers of NYC

https://youtu.be/ZgFe5vm_5HY
>>
File: 1483119429069.png (53KB, 211x192px) Image search: [Google]
1483119429069.png
53KB, 211x192px
>>385579734
>pop obfuscate and celerity
>run past every enemy to the end of the dungeon
>>
>>385579734
>nWoD is shit
The only good part about nWoD is you can cross your WoDs easier.

Except my GM let me play as a Highlander-esque immortal in my last game of oWoD and that mixed really well with the mages and werewolves.
>>
File: VV.png (337KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VV.png
337KB, 640x480px
>>385555353
Worst girl by far. Best girl coming through.

So what happens if you do that quest for the angry nosferatu in the sewers. I just told her to get the fuck over herself and how she was nasty as fuck and she only screams at me to get out now.
>>
>>385580301
Much better. Just wish there was less filter.
>>
File: 01.jpg (51KB, 736x521px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
51KB, 736x521px
>>385580373

I'm mad about the lore

cyberpunk WoD when
>>
>>385580438
>Best girl coming through.

t. Susan

>what happens if you do that quest for the angry nosferatu in the sewers.

exp?
>>
>>385580370
>speedrunning through the game

that's kind of gay, man
>>
>>385580438
XP, money and humanity loss depending on how you do it. She has another one after.
>>
>>385580438
>So what happens if you do that quest for the angry nosferatu in the sewers.
I dunno, haven't done it.
On another note, does she reward you with something else if you're nice? She only rewarded me with forgiveness of being an asshole
>>
>>385580370
Is celerity good in VTMB?
Im replaying with a toreador and guns because im a jackass.
Also fuck jack
>>
>>385580671
You can dodge bullets with it, it's fucking dope
>>
File: logo.png (233KB, 961x375px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
233KB, 961x375px
>>385555353
Werewolves > Vampires

Werewolf the Apocalypse news when goddammit. It's been ages since this shit was announced
>>
File: 1483543841028.png (533KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
1483543841028.png
533KB, 544x544px
>>385580607
My first run was legitimate. Relaying it I wanted to see what weird discipline combos worked.
>>
>>385580514
Looks cringey af
No thanks
>>
>>385580514
nWoD fucks everything up, and I don't even give a fuck about the lore. Obviously, since I played an immortal.

But still, it's fucking dumb.
>>
>>385580671
celerity completely breaks the game and nothing can hit you.
>>
>>385580735
>Werewolf the Apocalypse news when goddammit.

soon brother
>>
>>385580786
you can eat my ass, pal

cyborg shit in a wod setting would be cool as fuck
>>
>>385580735
Yiff in hell, furry
>>
>>385580567
Delet
>>
>>385580071
What's worse than no fangs is fangs not on the canines
>>
>>385580936
There already are cyborg shit in WoD, fuckwad. Ever heard of the Technocrats? No, of course not, you faggot. Go read on some lore, noob-ass faggot.
VtM doesn't need gay tech shit. Leave that for the mages.
Oh and by the way, if you new even the slightest about VtM lore you would know that a vampire's body would forcefully reject any modification done to it, including augmentations. Nigger.
>>
>>385581197
you are a bitch
>>
>>385580438
You get $500, humanity loss, and I think a couple xp points. I usually don't do that quest though unless I'm trying to 100% the game though. Tawni is a degenerate but Imalia is evil and probably going to get herself killed.
>>
>>385581267
You are non-white.
>>
>>385581314
You don't lose any humanity if you refuse to accept the money.
>>
>>385580438
Best girl is Venus, VENUS!
>>
>>385581336
no

it is you who is the gay, here
>>
File: comeonnow.png (1MB, 1240x1024px) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.png
1MB, 1240x1024px
>>385581705
t.Boris
>>
>>385581705
Best girl is objectively that random goth chick NPC you sometimes see in the clubs wearing a long white dress, heavy eyeliner and wavy black hair.
>>
File: vtmb_girls.jpg (210KB, 1025x779px) Image search: [Google]
vtmb_girls.jpg
210KB, 1025x779px
>>
>>385581963
She refused to fug me((((
>>
File: stop sign.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stop sign.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
*stops your path*
>>
>>385582027
>buy a watch
>i'll scream
what's her end game?
>>
File: OMiWQh-Yo8M.jpg (169KB, 1280x877px) Image search: [Google]
OMiWQh-Yo8M.jpg
169KB, 1280x877px
http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
>>
>>385582158
Why yukie is so ugly?.
>>
File: 115847854446.jpg (56KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
115847854446.jpg
56KB, 312x312px
>>385582158
>>
>>385582158
what's going on with Jeanette?
>>385582162
She cannot be dominated. surprisingly enough because her father would dominate her easily. Funny how you can trigger her to mention her dad if you threaten to kill her enough
>>385582167
what? i never saw this
>>
File: MBpUpD9EzUo.jpg (90KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MBpUpD9EzUo.jpg
90KB, 720x1080px
>>385582173
She screams for ice cream.
>>
>>385582167
r34 when?
>>
>>385582328
>what? i never saw this
you need to be a malkavian
>>
>>385582269
>first time playing
>put that on
>expect the game to be GTA lite with it's humor because of it
Well I was wrong but the radio station gave me some chuckles
>>385582368
makes sense.
>>385582368
I could use some Therese. I can't be the only one, right?
>>
>>385582547
The humor and satire is there, the difference is that VtMB is trying kinda to be subtle, while GTA prefers the "LOL LOOK AT JOKE LOOK AT JOKE LAUGH NOW HAHAHA" approach.
>>
File: 9.jpg (83KB, 528x744px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
83KB, 528x744px
>>385582547
>>
>>385582815
Hhnng
The face expression is also on-point. Pretty good.
>>
>>385582708
that would explain. the GTA radios are a bit obnoxious and while Deb of The Night feels somewhat the same, it still manages to make me laugh.
>>385582815
perfect. now remove Jeanette and i would be diamond
>>
File: RDvSu0xblu8.jpg (94KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RDvSu0xblu8.jpg
94KB, 810x1080px
>>385582991
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7aS56EAAw

So... now that "M" rated games are finally allowed to show the same amount of nudity as R rated movies, is there any chance that Obsidian will make a VTMB sequel where you can fuck a malkavian?
>>
>>385583259
Don't stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>385583230
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I never felt attracted to a videogame character so why does Therese do this to me?
>>385583259
>where you can fuck a Malkavian?
that sounds like the wrong path. They'll get lonely and constantly e-mail you.
>>
File: TJbu3mDLJo8.jpg (95KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TJbu3mDLJo8.jpg
95KB, 720x1080px
>>385583259
Yes, but only if it has a dick.
>>
>there will never be a VtM game where you are given the option of playing as any one of the many Clans, each one with its dedicated quests and details
>ywn play as a solitary, God-fearing Salubri scholar trying to take revenge on the filthy heathen witches that are the Tremere

The Antitribu Mod was alright, but there wasn't nearly enough new stuff to do.
>>
>>385566547

NO I WONT DO THAT
>>
File: 1366532872229.png (477KB, 1093x614px) Image search: [Google]
1366532872229.png
477KB, 1093x614px
HEEEEY SEXY SARCOPHAGUS
>>
>>385584041
I thought the Sheriff was a guy because he looks like he has breast honestly.
>>
File: 1393100946019.png (788KB, 548x797px) Image search: [Google]
1393100946019.png
788KB, 548x797px
>>
File: 1234122298235.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1234122298235.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
>>385584124
>>
>>385580301
post all the gifs of that one VV cosplayer
>>
>>385584041

Did anybody open it on their first playthrough?
>>
>>385584206
________________y-yes________________
>>
>>385584181
oh fuck. >>385584124
I meant a chick.
>>
File: 1444526205477.jpg (112KB, 538x807px) Image search: [Google]
1444526205477.jpg
112KB, 538x807px
>>
>>385584206
>he didn't listen to the lady on the beach's fortune
you big silly
>>
I've played as every Clan, some more times than others, and I have already tried most of the most known mods. Give me motivation to replay it, please. Give me something new to do.
>>
>>385584206
I went independent.
>>
File: 1.png (10KB, 745x637px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
10KB, 745x637px
>>385584174
>andrei popping up out of the sewer
>>
File: 555.jpg (94KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
94KB, 1280x853px
>>385584562
Imagine an interesting role, imagine some rules.
>>
>>385583259
>Obsidian will make a VTMB sequel
You think you want it but you don't.
>>385580735
Soonâ„¢
Although from what I remember you won't be able to create your own character. Also the game is in very early stages of production, they announced the game the next day the deal was struck, Focus literally had nothing to show other than "we will make a werewolf game".
>>
>>385584206
Yep. I knew there'd be SOME form of bad shit in there, but I was just too damn curious.
>>
>>385584725
I always do. I make up agendas and goals for my characters and try to do quests and chose paths accordingly. But I'm outta ideas.
>>
>>385584562
Last time I played it I put on the albums from the musicians I really liked that were featured in the game. And played it for 8 hours straight from start to finish. I really liked the music and artists but if you don't then it probably won't work for you, but here's the list.

Album:Artist
"Disorder" by Chiasm
"Chasing the Ghost" and "Some Kind of Strange" by Collide
"Comalies" by Lacuna Coil
"Parlour" by Darling Violetta
"Flesh is the Law" by Genitorturers
>>
File: 9p-S3_9SNzQ.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
9p-S3_9SNzQ.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>>385584872
*sigh* sucks bro...
I guess all you have left is replaying it after you forget it enough.
>>
>>385585113
I really like all of these artists. Also, you forgot Tiamat.

But I dunno if that will help much. Well, I guess I could always go full-autist and try my hand at speedruning the game.
>>
File: 1484873984414.png (120KB, 286x355px) Image search: [Google]
1484873984414.png
120KB, 286x355px
>>385585113
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vympzV240mM
>>
>>385585474
That album is really awesome and actually quite representative of the franchise.
>>
What's the recommended patch/mod these days? I gave up playing last time because the patch I was using made the passive blood drain act like you had a fucking leak and it changed the end of the Jeanette/Therese plot so it was virtually impossible to get Tourette.
>>
Thinbloods having a party under the Pier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kmYvx4aQrE
>>
>>385585736
Wesp's patch, plus or basic is up to you.
>>
>>385585736
Wesp's unofficial patch is usually the recommended. Some autist might bring up the the "gold" or something, but wesp is more known and used.
>>
>>385585736
Recent patch made it so Tourette doesn't require much work to get
>>
>>385585781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVRpRgHso
>that qt in the green
>>
>>385585781
CAIN DID NOTHING WRONG
THE SABBAT IS ALWAYS RIGHT
GAS THESE THINBLOOD DEGENERATES
>>
File: 1340400383132.jpg (855KB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1340400383132.jpg
855KB, 1920x3240px
>>
>>385585939
You'd imagine some of these chubby fucks would be thinner after all this stupid arm and leg flinging, but nope.
>>
>>385585195
That's what I usually do, I'll wait 6-12 months before playing it again. Then right after playing it I'll do a second playthrough, then after that I'll make a character and play around with cheats before finally taking another break. Probably played the game close to 20 times now.

>>385585402
I liked the song by Tiamat too, I'll have to check out the rest of their stuff soon. I've watched the game played by a speedrunner a couple times, it can be done in about 45 minutes and the entire section of Chinatown is basically skipped. It's interesting. I've thought about doing it too but I feel like I wouldn't appreciate the game as much.

>>385585474
Is that from Redemption? Might have to play it after reading that a portion of the game is set in modern time.
>>
File: pisha_by_justorangee-d58vkpi.jpg (84KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
pisha_by_justorangee-d58vkpi.jpg
84KB, 600x760px
>>385569940
Pisha is a cute.
>>
>>385585736
It was never that hard to save them both, you just needed 4 persuasion and 2 seduction, seduce Jeanette when possible and be nice to Therese until you can use the persuasion lines during the standoff. Sounds like you were using a mod though, I really don't like most of them. I've played them all but didn't find anything they added to really be good and actually felt like they took away from the game.
>>
File: 1414857305242.jpg (76KB, 599x491px) Image search: [Google]
1414857305242.jpg
76KB, 599x491px
>>385582158
>that Jeanette
>>
>>385586236
>Is that from Redemption?
Nuh, it's actually just a "here, listen to this while you play the tabletop" album the creators of the game made. It's pretty neat and fits nicely to the game, especially if you are in a nightclub in the game or whatever.
>>
>>385586236
>Is that from Redemption?
It's based on the pnp. Redemption doesn't have any licensed stuff but the original music is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnWQyAKrwRA
>>
>>385586375
I liked her a lot, shame she wasn't a bigger part of the game. Seems like she would have the most interesting things to talk about too, with all of her studying of occult items and how she talked about what she felt before WWII broke out.
>>
>>385586050
>ihatemyjob
>horndog
passwords were great
>>
>>385578892
Nigga what? They want to kill all of them.
>>
How many playthroughs is vanilla worth before you should slap on some mods?
>>
File: DIE.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
DIE.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
>>385582167

*kisses fish* *holds up spork*
>>
File: rvzTdk0xYzY.jpg (38KB, 1080x718px) Image search: [Google]
rvzTdk0xYzY.jpg
38KB, 1080x718px
>>385586375
>>
>>385586626
Exactly seven. One for each Clan.
>>
>>385586626
playthroughs for different clans
playthroughs for different endings
low humanity playthrough
mods aren't amazing, they mostly just remix existing abilities.
>>
>>385579920
FUCK THAT FUCKER MADE ME SHOOT MY GLOCK BY REFLEX AND I HAD TO RELOAD MY SAVE.
>>
>>385586626
Probably 3. One as a normal clan, one as Malk, and one as Nos.
>>
File: your father was a llama.jpg (58KB, 825x496px) Image search: [Google]
your father was a llama.jpg
58KB, 825x496px
>>385580438
>So what happens if you do that quest for the angry nosferatu in the sewers
Hilarity.
>>
>>385586640
TEH PENGUIN OF DEATH xD
>>
File: 1480333240039.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480333240039.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>385586809
>>
File: 1496519849019.jpg (149KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
1496519849019.jpg
149KB, 600x665px
>>385586640
fem malk is C U T E
>>
File: Beckett_Full.jpg (554KB, 520x792px) Image search: [Google]
Beckett_Full.jpg
554KB, 520x792px
>>385582158
Damsel>VV>Venus>Therese>Jeanette>Ming>Yukie>>>Heather
>>
File: top1.jpg (113KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
top1.jpg
113KB, 620x400px
>>385555353
Go home, damn it. I don't need or want a slave.
>>
>>385586417
It was probably an earlier version of the Wesp patches. They changed so much, like the passive blood drain and changing dialogue trees for literally no reason. Not tried any of the more recent versions for basically that reason. Are they any different these days?
>>
>>385586236
>Probably played the game close to 20 times now
I did twice as much. Mostly on 1.2 patch only, and tried only one mod.
>>385586626
As much as you have imagination and can enjoy the game without memorizing it, so it feels fresh all the time.
>>
File: 1480477542966.jpg (194KB, 1286x621px) Image search: [Google]
1480477542966.jpg
194KB, 1286x621px
>>385582158
>>
>>385587091
Is that Jeanette and Therese both in the same room at the same time? Looks like someone didn't pay attention to the game.
>>
>>385586924
Up until she gets the heavy clothing set.
Then she a hot.
>>
>>385587014
>not wanting a personal blood doll
>>
>>385586713
You forgot the other gender, to look at the tiddies. That's 14.
>>
File: 1459258490357.png (564KB, 1125x710px) Image search: [Google]
1459258490357.png
564KB, 1125x710px
>>385587218
>>
>>385587072
Yeah the early versions of Wesp's patch was basically a mod that made tons of unnecessary changes. Someone else posted about autists talking about the "True Patch Gold" but it was a legitimate alternative at one point even though it's outdated now. The basic version of Wesp's patch now is actually just mainly bug fixes though, I played not too long ago with it and had no trouble saving Jeanette and Therese by doing what I said.
>>
>>385587284
There are people out there who play the whole game as a male?
Why?
>>
>>385587284
No one wants to look at Nossie tiddies. Right?
>>
File: VPO2KYNJcT4.jpg (33KB, 318x600px) Image search: [Google]
VPO2KYNJcT4.jpg
33KB, 318x600px
>>385587238
Huh, never thought about that.
>>
>>385587284
how much gender specific dialogue is there? i know male characters can suck the gay food critic and female characters can fuck romero.
>>
File: 1398956411559.jpg (98KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1398956411559.jpg
98KB, 600x600px
>>385587218
>>385587315
>animu artstyle
>>
>>385587091
>I did twice as much. Mostly on 1.2 patch only, and tried only one mod.
Nice. I tried all the mods but didn't like them. Any reason you only use the 1.2 patch though?

Are you the speedrunner lurkchan?
>>
>>385587343
For role-play, unique phrases and clothing.
>>
>>385587282
>Ever wanting to enslave another sentient being save for rehabilitative purposes
-1 Humanity
>>
>>385587218
>>385587315
>same face
>lack of messed up jeanette face paint
it's better than what was posted though
>>385587238
>Is that Jeanette and Therese both in the same room at the same time?
I thought it was a mirror or something. maybe some symbolism? I dunno. and again,
>lack of messed up jeanette face paint
>>
>>385587238
its a metaphor
>>
>>385587407
There isn't too much, I think. There's the guy in Santa Monica waiting for a tow truck that can be seduced by males, not sure if females can do it too. I think that's about it along with what you mentioned.
>>
File: AHHHHHHHH.png (139KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHH.png
139KB, 394x360px
>>385586924

GET OUT OF MY SERIOUS DARK HORROR GAME THIS ISN'T D&D REEEEE
>>
>>385587497
>not giving the poor girl a loving home after saving her life
just don't manipulate her into giving money and it's all good. the worse thing that can happen is that she becomes like Patty
>>
>>385587536
>a metaphor
Just like how the emails you get from "a friend" are never really there but it's Caine speaking to you through the vamp blood
>>
>>385587538
Only male characters can seduce the girl in the Giovanni mansion and if you're a girl she tells you to fuck off, other than that there's small one-off stuff like Mercurio not wanting to tell a female character about how much Jeanette fucks.
>>
>>385587616
Just offer her blood only once to save her and then leave her. No need to get the poor girl addicted to that shit.
>>
>>385587748
just like how the cum on your face is never really there just your latent homosex lust urges
>>
>>385587748
how can caine send you emails when he just sits in his cab all day
the friend is probably grout
>>
>>385587616
Talking about that.
Can you get a better place?.
That place is a dumpster.
>>
>>385587781
I just wanted to give her a loving home, anon. she has no friends and her parents are dead
>>
File: sv.png (1MB, 773x839px) Image search: [Google]
sv.png
1MB, 773x839px
>>385587841
>>
>>385587748
Ehh, I'd still like to think that Cain is visiting the internet cafe in Hollywood once in a while to mail you. I'd also very much like to think that he types really really slowly and asks people around him to help him use the internet, as he is basically a really old man and doesn't understand technology.
>>
>>385587891
suck up to lacroix and he gives you a fancy one
nosferatu and tremere can get their own unique havens from sidequests
>>
>>385587849
Skelter talks about the older vampires controlling the younger ones because they're linked by blood. I just think it makes more sense that the emails are a metaphor for what I said, and that you aren't actually receiving emails on your PC. If you were then yeah, being from Grout would make more sense.
>>
>>385555527

I forgot the combat, but it was simple enough that it didnt take away from the game. At the risk of getting shit on, Witcher 1 is an example of a game that is ruined due to poor combat.
>>
>>385587891
Yes? There is an apartment in Downtown if you suck up to LaCroix, a nice room in the Chantry if you are Tremere, an even worse literal shithole in the sewers if you are a Nosferatu, and probably some more that I forgot.
>>
>>385555527
The combat is fine as long as you only do melee with a clan that has melee-oriented disciplines, firearms are fine too, just a bit weak in the beginning.
>>
File: mo.jpg (11KB, 192x200px) Image search: [Google]
mo.jpg
11KB, 192x200px
>>385587967
that's pretty funny anon
>>
File: Kindred_logo.gif (55KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kindred_logo.gif
55KB, 320x240px
is it any good?
>>
>>385587436
>Are you the speedrunner lurkchan?
Nah, never tried speed-running it, don't know if i want to. Sometimes i do a time-effective playthrough where i do quests in a specific order, minimizing the walking.

I prefer the 1.2 patch for many reasons. It's enough to enjoy and finish the game, it doesn't have any changes by Wesp, some of its bugs are interesting, fun or surreal, and i actually had less noticeable bugs with it than with Wesp's patch, i had more smooth experience.

My very first playthrough was on a ripped pirated copy that didn't have music, and i actually prefer HUBs without music, to hear the awesome sounds, like weather, traffic and trains.
>>
File: Damsel.jpg (200KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
Damsel.jpg
200KB, 600x821px
>>385571794

Lecher Bitch by Genitorturers.
>>
>>385588436
>to hear the awesome sounds
To feel more immersed in the more realistic world, i mean.
>>
>>385588392
Not bad, i'd watch more seasons.
>>
>>385588510
That got me into them. They have a fantastic cover of I Touch Myself.
>>
I have Vampire Masquerade bloodlines but i never even installed it.
I keep on hearing its fucking great but the gameplay is shit.
Whats the best way to enjoy the game? what do i do for my first/second playthrough etc and is there any mods to make it better?
Do i put on godmode to get past the shitgameplay?
walk me through this so i can see what all the fuss is about. especially since im big into vampire shit right now
>>
>>385588392
Oh boy. Well, no, it's pretty bad. You'll get a tiny fix of lore, but only a REALLY tiny one. Then you'll realize that 99% of the series is nothing more than a bellow-average soap opera. Also, it takes many liberties and adds shit that would never fly, like vampires being able to go out during the day as long as they basically use some blood power or something, I don't really remember. Watch it if you want, but it's pretty bad.
>>
>>385571794
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KCMsimfPJQ
>>
>>385588436
>and i actually had less noticeable bugs with it than with Wesp's patch
am I the only one who notices in some places like the empire hotel, people will just fly out of a room for a split second?
>>
>>385588392
It's okay, but it's like a generic cop show with a little bit of vampire stuff thrown in. They had to film the vampires being out in daylight sometimes due to budget issues I think. All the vampires could turn into wolves.

If you want to watch something similar to VtMB I'd recommend the first "Blade" movie. It's got a lot of similarities. A "Jack"-type character (Whistler), LaCroix = Frost and dealing with the beast/lust for power, Karen = Heather, you have the whole businessman vampire thing going on too. It's pretty good.
>>
File: 1497635669414.jpg (143KB, 640x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1497635669414.jpg
143KB, 640x1500px
>>385580356
>>385579734

Serena is best vampfu.

After Anezka.
>>
>>385588662
>it gets faster and more intense
looks like i know what i'll be playing
>>
>>385588650
>like vampires being able to go out during the day as long as they basically use some blood power or something
The Ventrue guy said if they've fed recently they can go out in daylight. They had to force that in because of budget reasons. It's a little wonky.
>>
>>385588510
>>385588624
https://youtu.be/dpa5wcQZxOU?list=RDdpa5wcQZxOU

Their latest album is really good too, the whole thing is on YT.
>>
File: illpayyou100tofuckoff.jpg (150KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
illpayyou100tofuckoff.jpg
150KB, 1600x900px
>>385588793
>Blade
My man
>>
>>385556869
This.

You now what happens to fags who try to use words in a situation where it won't work? Check out the Lacroix.
>>
>>385588646
>I keep on hearing its fucking great but the gameplay is shit.
Wrong. The gameplay is only slightly bellow average at worst.

>Whats the best way to enjoy the game? what do i do for my first/second playthrough etc and is there any mods to make it better?
Pick any character OTHER THAN Nosferatu or Malkavian. Install the Unofficial Patch (WESP). I'd also advice on sticking with melee combat for your first time, as gunplay is pretty bad in early game.

>Do i put on godmode to get past the shitgameplay?
No.

Also, don't open it.
>>
>>385588436
>>385588551
Yeah I do the same thing like getting the morphine before visiting Mercurio, and timing it so I can do all the blood bank quests at the same time. Wesp's patch used to add a ton of bugs with each update though it seems better now. I'll have to do a 1.2 playthrough just to compare though, I'm curious to see if he's still changing stuff in the basic patch.

I would hate to not have the music though, it's one of my favorite parts of the game and I listen to some of the bands a lot now.
>>
>>385586678

Source for that cosplay? Google ain't finding shit.
>>
>>385588709
The patches made the game more jerky in general. The interface jumps around, the letters in dialogues, the people and their LODs.
>>
>>385588957
>pick any character OTHER THAN Nosferatu or Malkavian
if you want a cool experience, just go by the questions and see what you roll.
>>
>>385589074
Don't know.
>>
File: MOsvYiC[1].gif (1009KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MOsvYiC[1].gif
1009KB, 500x281px
>>385588939
>>
File: 3zdxdm38j.jpg (209KB, 723x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3zdxdm38j.jpg
209KB, 723x1000px
Oh and since we're posting music, this is obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vympzV240mM

Music from the Succubus Club is something old White Wolf had commissioned as a sort of soundtrack for playing Vampire: The Masquerade, with each clan having a song for themselves.

Personally, I like Deception (Ravnos) best.
>>
>>385589418
are there any good blade games?
>>
>>385589471
Only one I'm aware of is on the PS1, based off the movie. You work out if it's any good yourself.
>>
>>385589471
Ultimate alliance where he has one attack that demolishes everything.
>>
>Blade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6UXQ_9IRo8
>>
>>385572043
Toreador for charm, Ventrue for dominate
>>
>>385589036
I love both Ric Schafer and Daniel Ash.
>>
>>385589935
>tfw no vampire club
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIKUqaLpf4I
>>
>>385572043
>Is that even possible?
Are ya kidding me? Bloodlines is all about seduction and mind tricks.
>>
>>385589935
aw yiss, i still listen to this once in a while
>>
>>385589935

I like this one better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTNS9nj_Iow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi86OxZqYfQ
>>
>>385569349
>>385569652

I like how she has like different levels of angry face.

One of them looks like her eyes are about to pop out of her head.
>>
>>385588646
>I keep on hearing its fucking great but the gameplay is shit.
I don't think a game with shit gameplay can have good reputation. It's flawed, but not bad.
>what do i do for my first/second playthrough etc and is there any mods to make it better?
Don't pick Nosf and Malk on your first playthrough, don't use mods too.
>Do i put on godmode to get past the shitgameplay?
Fuck around with the money cheat (changes tits size) and use noclip to skip some parts if you stuck. Or the last hotel, which is unfinished.
>>
>>385569940
Time to model ourselves a new Skyrim character.
>>
>>385587849
how can it be grout when he dies 1/3rd of the way into the game but you keep getting the emails?
>>
>>385590713
you really think grout is dead after listening to the tapes? he went into hiding because he was paranoid about someone trying to kill him.
>>
>>385590713
Some people say he's not really dead since he was expecting an attack from LaCroix, and for some reason when you inspect his mansion there's a skeleton left of his remains but every other vampire turns to ash when they die.
>>
>>385590713
He faked his death, duh.
>>
>>385590713
Someone's going to reply to you with an image filled with evidence that suggests otherwise, most notably that vampires don't leave skeletons behind when they're killed.
>>
>>385590872
Are there any other games that have this genuine air of urban mystery, conspiracy and paranoia?
>>
>>385590943
VtMB is sometimes described as Deus Ex with vampires, so play that if you haven't already.
>>
File: ImagesCAJQ74AI.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ImagesCAJQ74AI.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>385590943
san andreas
>>
>>385591073
Pfahaha, didn't expect to see that name here.
>>385590943
No.
>>
File: JCDenton2[1].png (268KB, 432x454px) Image search: [Google]
JCDenton2[1].png
268KB, 432x454px
>>385591290
>No.
>>
File: 1495940170006.jpg (41KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
1495940170006.jpg
41KB, 720x602px
>>385591290
>Pfahaha, didn't expect to see that name here.
San Andreas myth stuff is completely batshit. People come up with wild theories based on almost nothing and its been going on for years.
>>
>>385582815
Jesus Christ my dick burning with the fury of a thousand suns! Help me lord it's becoming sentient and leaving my body.
>>
File: IMG_1541.jpg (44KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1541.jpg
44KB, 500x505px
>>385578761
>mfw someone played that song at the HWNDU livestream
That was a pleasant surprise
>>
File: 1501378412351.jpg (68KB, 656x471px) Image search: [Google]
1501378412351.jpg
68KB, 656x471px
>>385591346
>>385588939
>>
File: VampireWeekend-woah-300x300[1].png (205KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
VampireWeekend-woah-300x300[1].png
205KB, 300x300px
>>385592382
>>
>>385586050
Opened my Troika folder and found my old OC.
>>
File: 1377855520217.jpg (80KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1377855520217.jpg
80KB, 413x395px
>>385584174
>DOOOOODINES
>>
File: 8622.jpg (91KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
8622.jpg
91KB, 450x335px
>>
File: images (6).jpg (9KB, 221x229px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
9KB, 221x229px
>>385559313
Daily reminder to open that god damn box, if you want a mind blowing ending
>>
>>385571794
Smaller g-d, a song about a vibrator.
>>
>>385593435
>vibrator
shiny man machine*
>>
File: Pick your poison.jpg (971KB, 2279x621px) Image search: [Google]
Pick your poison.jpg
971KB, 2279x621px
PiCk oonly oooneeee
>>
>>385588392
I heard Seinfeld music in my head when I opened this
>>
>>385593575
>anime same face
leave my thread
>>
>>385567404
>>385566972
You are me, except I went a step further and played some of the mods like Final Nights and I even played the release unpatched version until the end. Played with all clans at least once, 3 times with Tremere and Malkavians.

I love this game, but I can't play it anymore, it's all too familiar now.
>>
>>385588957
>>385590640
So basically just get the patch and roll anything other than malkavian or Nos for my first playthrough?
Cool. installing it now.
>>
>>385593575
Yukie so I have a cute Japanese side-kick.
>>
>>385588957
>>385590640
Also im guessing its a good idea to go for a girl vampire character right? like the dudes story just sucks ass or something? or is it all preference?
>>
>>385578892
>But the Sabbat praise the Antediluvians.
Dead wrong. The Sabbat are pretty much a sect that exists to find them and exterminate them before they awaken.
>>
>>385594378
>like the dudes story just sucks ass or something?
Huh? The story is the same.
>>
>>385594378
They're both basically the same though the female characters run faster, not sure if that was fixed in newer versions of the patch though. There are a few instances where your gender determines if you can seduce someone to complete a quest but it's about split evenly between genders.
>>
>>385579318
almost made me quit right there back in 2004, so glad I didn't. I was a young teen, never even played FPS/RPG hybrids, let alone something like Deus Ex. I was so frustrated by the combat and animations, but I was intrigued by the dialogues.
>>
File: 1480058668794.jpg (10KB, 225x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480058668794.jpg
10KB, 225x450px
>>385593575
I choose her.
>>
>>385594595
>>385594631
Might just go male character for the first time then do malkavian girl the second time through for the sexy outfits.
>>
Why are the asian models so ugly? Also some NPCs have flat faces.
>>
>>385580654
if you're super nice she sends you a poem over email she wrote and she gives you an autographed photo of her you can sell for some decent cash... or keep if you're the sentimental type.

Not sure why you would be nice to the manipulative whore, but whatever.
>>
>>385594809
She probably has gigantic bush.
>>
>>385580786
looks badass to me.

also there is already a small supplement textbook with rules for a cyberpunk world of darkness crossover.
>>
>>385595020
Perfect
>>
>>385594919
It's revenge for Pearl Harbor.
>>385595006
VV IS PURE
>>
>>385595186
>VV IS PURE
>has you job for her
>constant "mmm?"
>no sex
i'm glad I was Nosferatu first run. Being an ass to people is fun
>>
File: gravestonetroika6lw.jpg (55KB, 299x426px) Image search: [Google]
gravestonetroika6lw.jpg
55KB, 299x426px
>>
>>385595356
FILTHY MONSTER, STAY BACK
>>
File: gotcha.jpg (30KB, 600x317px) Image search: [Google]
gotcha.jpg
30KB, 600x317px
>>385595506
Shut it you pampered Toreador.
>>
>>385594809
I don't remember who that is.
>>
File: 1491406232507.png (86KB, 302x221px) Image search: [Google]
1491406232507.png
86KB, 302x221px
>>385595614
>>
>>385555353
>game will never get a modern re-release that makes the graphics not look like shit
Worst timeline
>>
>>385595879
Virgin Mary.
>>
>>385595879
It's Anezka.
>>
>>385596003
Firstly, it's not shit.
Secondly, i don't want anyone but Troika near the game's visuals.
>>
Good thread, many You's
>>
NEW THREAD
>>385594781
>>385594781
>>385594781
>>
>>385555527
What's wrong with the combat? A lot of people say the combat is shit but nobody really explains it.
>>
>>385556470
You picked one of the two clans with CELERITY as one of their 3 disciplines and still managed to suck at combat. Well done my dude, you are certified retarded.
>>
>>385596160
Bud it's pretty shit. I know you want to live in a world were the game is flawless but the graphics have aged poorly.
Thread posts: 421
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.