[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sci-Fi "souls"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: House-of-the-Dying-Sun.jpg (369KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
House-of-the-Dying-Sun.jpg
369KB, 1200x630px
two questions /v/,

Is there a pre-existing pure sci-fi game which has had the fanbase/genre fixing equivalent of Dark Souls? Not a series that has elements of Dark Souls, but rather one where people want to know about the Lore, or talk about how things are X-like? I suppose Doom, or Halo?

Would you expect a souls-like Sci-fi game to be about a person running around on a planet/spacestation exploring and fighting, or would you allow spaceship flying/fighting?
>>
>>385553848
>every game needs to be like dark souls
why don't you fuck off with your artificial difficulty bullshit, okay?
>>
>>385553848
Destiny - forget the pvp and start collecting Grimoire cards. Or just pull up a wiki on all the bullshit they had to gut from the game
It's actually pretty cool. A lot of story behind the villains introduced in the year 2 DLC
>>
>>385554165
you didnt read his post did you ?
>>
>>385554165
>artificial difficulty
git gud m8
>>
I don't see many people caring about lore of dark souls. It's mostly just you died shit.

Anyway can't think of anything recent. Maybe mass effect?
>>
>>385554165
>artificial difficulty
What the fuck does that even mean?
How is something "artificially" difficult as opposed to "naturally" difficult?
Dark Souls having a very slight learning curve doesn't make it artificially difficult. If I can pick it up and play I'm pretty sure any other mongo can do the same and figure it out. The game punishes you when you fuck up. Solution: Don't fuck up. Don't be greedy. Bide your time. It isn't a hack and slash shitfest, intelligent strategy and use of the tools available is key to doing well.

tl;dr GET GOOD, FAGGIT.
>>
>>385554615
I really like the lore, but the game doesn't really tell you shit (still playing DS1). Most of what you can find out seems to be hints and tidbits in item descriptions and maybe context with some of the environments and bosses. Not sure if it's just 2deep4u or if they were just lazy, though.
>>
>>385553848
>the monitor screen in the hull somehow makes the ship look much further away than it actually physically is
Am I missing here somthing?
>>
>>385554321
Let me give you an example - in one of the raids, these small floating sentry enemies called Harpies will circulate an area and if one spots you (either by seeing you or hearing you run or jump), your whole team is killed and you have to restart the area.
What the game DOESNT tell you is that these harpy machines are rewriting the current timeline so that your character never existed in it. You're being killed off by never being born in the first place. The whole area glows red and your guardians keel over dead (unless your fireteam is able to kill the bullet sponge of an enemy that these harpies are, ending the process)
>>
>>385554793
it's just flavor text that autists drew invisible lines between to craft a "lore" they can sperg over
>>
>>385554937
I kinda figured that might be the case, too bad. Seems like missed potential on the devs part but whatever
>>
>>385554795
I think the ship in the monitor is the one targetted in the distance, not the one just outside
>>
>>385555029
Then how come the light source, presumably the sun, is visible in the monitor screen, but not in the pilot's cabin?
>>
>>385554793
Never played the games. Just haven't heard many people talking about the lore.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.