[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 biggest gameplay problems with a game you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

>Markers
>Reflex mode
>Open World
>>
Feels like you're a bit of a tard pointing out things you can remove or not use instead of the story or the characters.
>>
>>385552972
>>Markers
>>Reflex mode
You can turn them off.
>>Open World
It wasn't so much that it was bad for being open world but it had really shitty levels.
>>
File: 2015-10-15_00005.jpg (290KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-15_00005.jpg
290KB, 1280x1024px
>>385552972
>>385553153
Turning markers, reflex mode and x-ray vision off improves this game ten fold.
>>
>Markers
>Short arcade missions where areas and missions themselves are constantly reused
>No codec conversations
>Cutscenes were shit
>No Hayter

The missions were the worst part. Open world would be fine if they would have still just had you follow a linear, connected story with minimal side-quest shit. Running around collecting herbs and fultoning soldiers gets repetitive after the 2nd time you do it.
>>
File: hitman2016.jpg (18KB, 375x480px) Image search: [Google]
hitman2016.jpg
18KB, 375x480px
>can't throw firearm over the wall to get it past security like in previous games
>wipe data on one security outpost and all cameras stop functioning despite being on completely different parts of the map
>no-one monitors security cameras except in the bonus pro difficulty
>can't shoot through sauna window in hokkaido anymore
>blood puddles are completely ignored by npc's
>can't wear all outfits available in all of the maps for roleplay purposes
>elusive targets
I didn't think I'd come up with this many
>>
>>385553546
>>No Hayter
This was an improvement. Hayter was never good.
>>
>>385553408
That tiniy little jungle area....this fukken game man...
>>
>>385553689
Even if you're right, changing the voice actor for an iconic character like Snake is always jarring and feels wrong, like he isn't the same character anymore
>>
>>385553546
>No Hayter
Good riddance. He was only good in 1 and 2.
The diamonds dialogue would have been horrible if Hayter had done it.
>>
>>385552972
There is literally and unequivocally nothing wrong with MGSV's open world. You can essentially stage select with the mission screen and levels like OKB Zero, Hamboigah's House, and MOF's hospital are all delicately balanced between a concise goal and multitude of ways to reach that goal.

It you can travel the world and get immersed in the environment.
>>
>>385553651
Is this game still worth it despite all that? The only other Hitman I played was Absolution but I tried the demo out and it seemed fun, just want to make sure it's worth the money.
>>
>>385554573
yes
>>
>>385554573
This is a thread about vidya we like so of course I'm going to say yes, it's worth it.
>>
>>385554573
If you want to buy it, and if it's cheaper to do so, just get Paris, Sapienza, Hokkaido, and Bangkok. Marrakesh and Colorado are two of the worst levels in the entire series.
>>
File: 3236763-9874933868-maxre.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3236763-9874933868-maxre.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>poorly told story
>bad progression system
>ATROCIOUS AI

I love the game, but there's so much wrong with it that it blows my mind none of the issues were fixed for its rereleases. Capcom truly hates money.
>>
>>385553847
This

It's the reason I can only watch Sean Connery bond movies and Adam West batman stuff
>>
>>385555217
>"hates money"
>fixing these things would have cost a lot of money
>>
>>385553847
venom is not big boss
>>
>>385553847
>>385555248
>>385553689

Hayter was good in MGS1.
>>
>>385555665
Big Boss is in MGSV
>>
>>385555882
In like two cutscenes.
>>
>>385555562
I was being a facetious fag, but I think that if the game's more major issues were fixed it could have been a hit. You're right, though. The time and effort spent fixing the first game wouldn't really be worth it. They'd be far better off doing a sequel.
>>
>>385552972
>no chapter 3
>guncrafting glitch patched out
>take down, fulton, repeat gameplay gets super repetitive

>>385553546
Hayter was way too goofy, and Kojeemer was trying to go for more serious tones, trying to make things more movie like. I don't agree with all of his direction, but at the very least getting rid of Hayter was a good move. 24 Snake is way better than campy Playstation 1 era Snake.
>>
>>385555954
>I didn't play ground zeroes
>>
>>385556147

epic goalpost moving my fag but we were talking about mgsV not meme zeroes
>>
>>385555665
he's part of big boss, the way I understood it was venom as the copy was building the legend of big boss even further and by the time of metal gear 1 venom and naked are two sides of the coin that is big boss
>>
>>385555714
MGS1 was just campy enough for Hayter's voice to work. 3 & 4 are atrocious though.
>>
>>385553141
>>385553153

the game is literally designed to be played with them on though, if you turn them off you can't do jack shit, you can't even see if a soldier is knocked out or sleeping and that is completely tied to the markers, not to mention you do not have a radar to keep track of enemies like past game

>hurr durr u didndu have radar in 3

yeah and that game was all fucking corridors without 30 enemies per area
>>
>>385556469
>reddit spacing
>>
>>385556234
Post a picture of the ground zeroes box art
>>
>>385556246
The role of Snake itself is something of a legend, always was bigger than the man, even when it was just the original Big Boss out in the world.
I am slightly irked by some story elements though. Kojima must think himself really clever, maybe its part of the language barrier.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Medic saves Big Boss's life
Becomes known as Punished Snake
Just imagine his smug fucking face when he thought this up.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.