[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: Half-Life-3.jpg (30KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life-3.jpg
30KB, 615x410px
What went wrong?
>>
Valve stopped caring
>>
>>385540192
Too much money.
If they had to make a good game to keep their job and make a living, shit would've been out a decade ago
>>
they could make money doing this shit but the amount of money they'd make would be irrelevant tier to them so instead they focus their resources on the steam shit
>>
File: HL3stuff.jpg (469KB, 1600x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HL3stuff.jpg
469KB, 1600x1500px
technology progressed and they dont want to release HL3 in source. so they are making it in source 2
>>
>>385540192
Nothing
>>
>>385541070
It's Portal 3/L4D 3 or some VR shit
No way they're going to release HL3
>>
>>385541906
>they're going to tarnish l4d's flawless streak with shitty vr shit

Aw fuck you valve. Gabe should be fucking fired but too bad it's a privately owned company. What a fucking greedy kike he is.
>>
>>385542086
He never indicated that. It may be VR compatible but it won't be solely dedicated to VR, valve isn't that fucking stupid.
>>
>>385540192
It makes no economic sense to invest in a long development cycle for a game when Microsoft threatens Valve and the rest of the PC gaming industry with Windows 10 S and the death of the PC as we know it.

There's good reason Valve is hiring Linux devs like crazy and not paying as much attention to other things. The success of Linux as a gaming platform is a necessity to the survival of every PC gaming company that isn't willing to sell out to consoles.
>>
They invented amazon for games and would rather swim in their pools full of money than release something that will probably not live up to expectations.
>>
>>385540192
Shouldn't have bought those TF2 hats.
Shouldn't have bought those Counterstrike skins.
Shouldn't have bought all those games that you didn't really want but got anyways because they were cheap.
>>
>>385544753
kys linux shill
>>
File: radeonsi_improvements.jpg (143KB, 1416x804px) Image search: [Google]
radeonsi_improvements.jpg
143KB, 1416x804px
>>385544937
>>385545825
Are Windows users really totally in the dark about how much time and money Valve are investing on Linux development?
In particular improvements in the AMD drivers they've had people working on have been massive especially when you consider they're already much faster than AMD's official driver.
>>
File: 1408741096660.jpg (9KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1408741096660.jpg
9KB, 246x205px
>>385540192
When VR goes mainstream, then you have my permission to release HL3
>>
Valve Time

>gaben jew hats money meme

>>>/pol/
>>
>>385540192
It got leaked and we got an inferior version
>>
File: LET IT BURN.png (500KB, 345x541px) Image search: [Google]
LET IT BURN.png
500KB, 345x541px
Valve is immune from everything that would punish/close a normal developer studio

Infinite money lets them release nothing forever with no drawback.

meme status makes them immune to criticism, every angry voice over a lack of content or unfixed bugs is drowned out in "PRAISE GABEN TAKE MY WALLET".

Every step of the way they're removing actual human involvement by their own employees from the Steam store and replacing them with algorithms.

They can say that they're pushing the envelope with VR but they cant hide the fact that people from the early days of Valve are leaving, and the games they have out now are either dying on the vine from a lack of support or they're being wrung out for every cent in cosmetics.
>>
Reminder that in the latest AMA that Gabe made months ago he confirmed that the Half-Life film directed by J.J. Abrams is still in the making since 2013.
>>
> Le Games Con
> Big announcement
> Valve Logo
> Followed by a big númber "3"
> All people screaming and orgasming
> We are glad to present:
> Portal 3!!! Weee finally!
>>
>>385549241
I'd mark out for either game
>>
Valve used to make games, now they make money
>>
File: 1496287810744.png (963KB, 868x807px) Image search: [Google]
1496287810744.png
963KB, 868x807px
>>385547670
Oh fuck that image brings Bone memories rushing back.
>>
You can't make a game that disappoints the hype if you don't make a game. Great Idea!
>>
>>385540192
they kept trying to reinvent the wheel

both half life 1 and 2 had some sort of incredible tech innovation that came with it, and now Valve are scared to release HL3 just as a game without some sort of new feature
this is why they keep dipping their toe into dumb bullshit that goes nowhere, like the sign language thing, or VR

and due to the free-form structure of the company, no one wants to work on HL3 because it took so long that it has ridiculous expectations, and no one at valve wants to be the person everyone blames for the final product, so they are just leaving it to rot and hoping people forget
I wouldn't be surprised if the Half-Life team was 2 guys who are very passionate about it, but can't get anything done on their own and they haven't managed to rope anyone else from the company in to help
>>
>>385541070
how long ago was that AMA?
>>
>>385547670
>>385549918
mah Bone niggas
>>
>>385546189
i'm just happy that fglrx is dead and buried
>>
>>385542935
well i guess i'm ready for that one idiot i matchmaking who twirls around like an idiot cause he's got vr on and can't turn fast enough to kill the fucking hunter.

Who am I kidding, my friends are like that too.

Fuck you Sneaky Devil you piece of shit
>>
>>385551490
january
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Gaben/comments/5olhj4/hi_im_gabe_newell_ama/
>>
>>385552119
I just wonder how long it will be before the RadV driver that Valve has a bunch of employees working on now end's AMD's own Vulkan driver efforts.
Wouldn't even surprise me if AMD ports them to Windows in the end.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.