[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
What went right?
>>
>>385537761
Casualization, abandoning plot of previous games (saves do not matter shit) and making shitty, unnecessary elements like open world meme for the sake of marketing definitely helped this game sell.
>>
>>385537761
800+ awards.
>>
>>385537761
everything except for combat
>>
File: 1432871501455.jpg (726KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1432871501455.jpg
726KB, 1680x1050px
>>
It was made by people who actually have some semblance of taste, unlike 99% of videogames.
>>
>>385537761
they put all of their effort into the bloody baron quest because about that part of the game is when people quit the game because it isn't good enough to continue so their only memory of the game is that quest
>>
>>385537761
everything, it was a great 9/10 game
tho witcher sense and combat could use improvements
>>
The worst thing this game does is making so many bullshit elements that this game does not need.
>Item Rarity
Just what the fuck? Am i playing Diablo/Borderlands or The Witcher? Or maybe some MMO? Can you grind enemies for rare/unique weapons? No. Can you respawn bosses? No. Is combat fun? Hell no. Then why the fuck have item rarity? It literally doesn't fucking matter.
>Trash items.
Like, 95% things you will find are trash. That counts literally every single piece of armor and weapon you will stumble upon. Even unique weapons from quests. Once you get your Witcher Gear, you will never use anything else. Maybe in expansions there are some items with unique effects but still the School gear is the best since it gives you nice bonuses.
>Crossbow
Why the fuck even implement that thing when the literally usage it has is the tutorial boss. You can knock down flying enemies with Aard, Sirens can be stunned with the Horn etc. Underwater combat doesn't make sense since there is no underwater exploration. There are no vodyanoi ruins or anything to find. Only shitty kegs in the sea.
>Ghost Lamp/The Eye of Nehaleni
Why the fuck give me items that show hidden ghosts/magic creatures and destroy illusions when i will never fucking use them outside the quests that game me them. I used that illusion talisman maybe twice in whole game to find quicker route outside of a cave but that's it. There are no bosses and no puzzles and no quests (for example additional dialogue if you have those items or new way of finishing the quest etc.) that use it so why the fuck even bother?
And i could go on and go on. This game's wasting of resources is fucking insane. It's a miracle that it was even created considering so many pointless shit this game has. Most other games are really polished and never add something they don't need/does not fit the gameplay. But Witcher 3? It's a fucking dumpster of trash mechanics and elements. You could remove all of that and game would be even probably better.
>>
File: the prince.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
the prince.webm
3MB, 710x400px
most of it went right and the dlcs improved it

only gripe i have is overuse of witcher sense and a bit too simplistic combat
>>
Nice Facial Animations and tons of hours of quests that are voiced. Huge world to explore and lots of secrets to find. It watches like a TV series and plays like a game. Rest is meh or average at best.
>>
File: 1501185018417.jpg (78KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501185018417.jpg
78KB, 1024x576px
official witcher 3 review.

all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)

6/10 game. Had potential, wasted it.
>>
>>385539728
go play your bloodburn souls drone
>>
>>385539078
If anything the combat isn't simple enough since they try to have real action combat but completely fucking fail at it. It's one of the only games I can think of where it actually improves if you play it on the easiest difficulty.
>>
>>385539078
That fight is really the only gameplay/cutscene difference I hate in Witcher 3.
First time I played, when I killed him I was still under the effect of superior Golden Oriole, yet his poison shit still knocks Geralt out.
>>
>>385537761
atmosphere (characters,OST.environment,lore)
>>
>>385537761
Echoing other people's posts in this thread, everything went right except for witcher sense, combat and some of the quests.

They should introduce clues to the quests to replace using magic witcher sense button and instead allow it to be used in the form of a potion, like it was done with Witcher 2. If you want the red witcher sense, then use alchemy to brew it. But quests should be doable without having to point out everything red on the ground.

Combat is self explanatory, it's very clunky, sometimes not responsive, which are the biggest offenders here.

Regarding the quests, I think they should have done many more political quests like in Witcher 2. This is where the game shined in W2, and the few political quests involving many different characters in novigrad etc. showed what could have been if they'd focused on making more of those and less of the monster hunting fetch quests (especially those that lack a twist).
>>
File: Ciri is Tired.gif (940KB, 221x225px) Image search: [Google]
Ciri is Tired.gif
940KB, 221x225px
>>385537761
>What went right?
>>
>>385538897
im glad someone else feels like this, i was beginning to think i was crazy with how much people praise this game
>>
nothing

/thread
>>
>>385539865
>the witcherfags can never dispute a single point on the pasta
>>
File: 1382818323153.jpg (113KB, 1024x756px) Image search: [Google]
1382818323153.jpg
113KB, 1024x756px
I Believe Witcher 3 is a 10./10 but I Definitely agree with some of the complaints. The combat isn't necessarily bad, but it never evolves. The second you start fighting those ghouls in the very beginning, you've seen everything there is to see in the combat. Leveling up Geralt isn't as exciting as it should be. Most abilities are boring, passive shit. Also, the loot is indeed trash. If it isn't Witcher gear it's fucking rubbish. This puts a huge fucking dent in incentivizing players to explore and find treasure.

Other than that though, every thing else went right.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.