[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any minute now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: Spyro.jpg (37KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
Spyro.jpg
37KB, 500x504px
Any minute now
>>
>>385534789
Spyro would never look good on modern consoles because it would be near impossible to replicated the color scheme + vertex shading with high poly models.

If it happens it'll probably look disappointing or the same as the ps3 spyro games with the original psx characters
>>
File: spyr.jpg (92KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
spyr.jpg
92KB, 500x504px
>>385534789
see pic related how the shadow/light color is focused on one vertex, it wouldn't work with high poly models. If they remade spyro with high poly models, it would look like any other modern cartoon stylized game and thus would be disappointing.
>>
File: spyro.jpg (103KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.jpg
103KB, 500x504px
>>385534789
marked a couple more to make my implication more clear.
>>
>>385534789
do you guys know the name of the fan game/rom hack using the spyro 2 engine? is it still in development? there are probably a few, but this one looked good
>>
>>385536421
what if it just had a lighting engine, and high-enough-resolution textures with enough detail that it didnt look like the shitty flat color textures of other cartoony games? conker 360 looked bretty gud, but he had hair, also idk what kinda lighting they used
>>
>ruining a nearly perfect game
pls no
>>
>>385536731
If they kept the polycount low, it probably wouldn't sell well to the younger audience. And besides increasing the texture resolution, it's not easy to "improve" anything without completely ruining/changing the original look.
>>
File: spyro.jpg (78KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.jpg
78KB, 800x571px
>>385537375
i think it could get by with high poly if you incliude everything i said and dont make him too smooth around the edges. pic somewhat related
>>
File: vx.jpg (31KB, 801x435px) Image search: [Google]
vx.jpg
31KB, 801x435px
>>385538098
While that would work with spyro, it wouldn't so much with other characters or any object/architecture that has smooth shapes. A method I though of and tried in ue4 is to use vxgi and set it so the lighting stays concentrated in corners. It's not exactly the same as the original psx but it's the closest I could come up with so far. I don't have a picture right now but it would look similar to pic related but with the light/shadow being more contracted and closer to the edges. pic related is probably a bad example though.
>>
>>385538098
>>385538513
this is probably a better example of what I meant
>>
>>385537092
/thread
>>
File: spyro.png (2MB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.png
2MB, 800x571px
>>385538513
yeah i think the two together would look great. but i think its safe to assume theyll fuck up the look badly regardless of what they try. like crash looks too cartoony or just off in some way imo
>>
File: spyro.png (740KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.png
740KB, 800x571px
>>385539554
i forgot he has yellow spikes
>>
>>385534789
hopefully they won't ruin the original scores if so
>>
To be honest, I don't really care that much how it looks as long as it plays well and sells well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.