[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

not an esport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: overwatch.png (83KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.png
83KB, 275x275px
not an esport
>>
So?
>>
wtf I hate Overwatch now
>>
>>385526623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFHpK627XkI
>>
If trash like League or Dota is esports, if a literal fucking RNG simulator called hearthstone is esports, then I don't see the problem with Overwatch.
>>
>>385527237
Mobashit is to WWE as fighting games and classic arena shooters are to luchadors and MMA.
>>
>>385527237
>hearthstone

they don't, only blizzard does
blizzard tosses money at all their games to have them branded as 'competitive esports', it's just an advertising tool to them
>>
>>385526608
That's your opinion
>>
>>385527237
Because when theres 8 people out of 25 available, your balance is fucked

No one watched contenders barely bc of fuckin boring ass dive comp

Zap zap winston
Oh no dont shoot winston dva
Slice and dice genji
Shoot blink shoot blink shoot blink
AW YEAH AMP IT UP
experience tranquility
Apagando las useless

Shit was not lit
>>
>>385527535
In a game as asymmetric as Overwatch you will always have a limited pool of classes actually viable at pro play without fucking up the balance for 99% of the normal players.

Also Phara Mercy and Soldier are also picked constantly and other heroes were picked on niche scenarios too.
>>
I mean, it is, your opinion is just wrong, OP
>>
>>385526608
What is an esports then?
>>
>>385527832
>a limited pool of classes actually viable at pro play
dota 2 was able to get all heroes except techies to be viable at pro levels so why not overwatch?
>>
>>385528474
Icefraud is a genius of balance and Blizzard couldn't even balance a game with 2 nearly mirror factions like warcraft 2.
>>
>>385528474
Because they are not nearly as asymmetric as Overwatch you retarded moron? Classes literally have different basic weapons, some are hitscan, some shoot slow traveling, predictable projectiles. The heroes in DotA and any moba for that matter all function the same. Look at Blizzard's or riot's shitty mobas, they also have most of the heroes being picked at high level.

>>385528589
>Icefraud is a genius of balance
Could you suck dick any harder, fanboy?
>>
>>385528847
>Could you suck dick any harder, fanboy?
Name a competitive game with serious prices more balanced than Dota2. If you can I'll assume you are legally retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 1258x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 1258x620px
>esports
Nobody cares about this anymore.

The real way to make money from today's modern gaming world is money laundering schemes in kid's games and exchanging the mommy money for IRL cash.
>>
a very brave thread
>>
>>385528847
>The heroes in DotA all function the same
So, you never played dota? Color me not.

>>385528963
Kids love the legal gambling called gacha.
>>
>>385528958
Hearthstone has all 9 heroes picked in competitive and takes about as much skill as Doturd. There you go fanboy, now you can proceed to get mad and eat Valve's shit.
>>
>>385529080
Hearthstone's compe was the same shit as Overwatch
>new update comes out
>classes fall out of the meta
>other classes jump into the meta
>repeat
>>
>>385529080
>RNGstone requires skill
Anyways, I'm going to need some source about these "all 9 heroes". Show me more than half dozen of stale netdecks used.

You keep proving your retardation.
>>
File: 1429178812437.jpg (95KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429178812437.jpg
95KB, 724x720px
>>385529194
>>385529217
>Doturd fanboys are this mad and deluded

I guess if you are so far up Gabe's asshole you simply don't give a shit about reality anymore.
>>
>>385528474
Techies was viable and picked many times in TI before it was reworked
>>
>>385529346
>"hey dude post some proof of your claims"
>reply with ad hominems
Fuck off tardo.
>>
>>385529080
nah, you're wrong
>>
>>385529402
prove me wrong
>>
Barely a game.
>>
>>385528958
I don't even give a shit about balance. If the game's not fucking fun balance doesn't mean shit. Likewise if the game's imbalanced as fuck but amazing when you play the top-tier characters it's still fine. See: Marvel 2.
Dota is the former. It doesn't fucking matter if you can pick anything when the devs have a hardon for snowballing autoattack carries and shit on CC supports and initiators harder and harder every patch, buffing the shit out of passive play and making sure that the winning team can never aggressively take fights without feeding the enemy team 1000 gold per kill, making pressing your advantage in a game that was LITERALLY balanced around power spike timing meaningless, all because they're trying to cop on Heroes of the Storm without realizing why that game actually fucking works with rubber banding and scaling on everything. Hint: it's because the game doesn't disproportionately scale autoattack DPSers, makes damage/HP ratios proportional to level difference and not objective level, and uses talents as a benchmark race, i.e. a temporary advantage, and uses map objectives as the main means of pressing that. The Dota devs just threw a bunch of superficially similar shit on top of its meta without realizing why that was a horrible fucking idea and forced you to play passive while winning in a snowballing game unless you picked at least 4 lategame heroes.
>>
File: 1430886756596.png (96KB, 329x297px) Image search: [Google]
1430886756596.png
96KB, 329x297px
>>385529395
>HS
>no skill piece of shit game
>has all 9 heroes picked throughout every major tournament at some point

>Doturd
>no skill piece of shit game
>Does not have all heroes being picked throughout every major tournament
>has the most rabid fanboys of any game ever who think their shitty game is somehow less of a joke than League or Blizzard's shitty moba

It will never not be hilarious watching you dotards going to any lengths to defend your shitty game.
>>
Its more insulting to call it an esport.

Esports are shit.
>>
esports are not sports
>>
>>385529979
Fuck I'll go the extra mile for you and say that once you've memorized what the heroes and items do, Dota 2 is twice as casual as HotS. Maybe 10% of the cast in Dota is harder to play than Diablo, Uther, or Tyrande, who are fucking piss-easy by HotS standards. And then out of those 10%, maybe 2-4 of them are actually harder than anything HotS has to offer at best. I would love to see the average Dota player play Alarak without their fingers falling off.
>Oh no, most of my abilities aren't unit-target! How will I stunlock people for 5 seconds and kill them in 3 autoattacks to show them how skilled I am at video games now?
>>
>>385526623
This.

esports are trash
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.