[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the game with the worst ending ever? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: aBgXYu9.jpg (36KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
aBgXYu9.jpg
36KB, 398x398px
What is the game with the worst ending ever?
Pic related
>>
Life is Strange
inb4 >game
>>
System Shock 2.

Game completely falls apart at the end.
>>
Bad endings have been around since the beginning of videogames and as bad as anything recent was in the days of NES and Atari there were much worse.

But I guess /v/ doesn't care about actual videogame discussions so whatever I guess.
>>
Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pa-
>>
File: Angry Possum.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Possum.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>385521995
>Hey see this cool looking Steampunk adventure in the skies above America in this beautiful city?
>WELL FUCK YOU AND FUCK THIS CITY, IT'S KEN LEVINE'S DAUGHTERFU TIME!
>OH SHIT WE'RE CLOSING DOWN, TIME FOR A SHITTY ENDING TO AN ANTICIPATED DLC BY MAKING IT COME AROUND WITH BIOSHOCK INFINITE.

Just fuck you Ken. Fuck you forever and ever and fucking EVER.
>>
>>385521995
how come hard mode on infinite is easy compared to bioshock 2's hardmode
is it because im running a wizard "build"
>>
I'd still say mass effect 3's ending was one of the worst of all time
>>
>>385521995
Fable 2
>>
File: 58931749.png (569KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
58931749.png
569KB, 854x480px
>>
>>385521995
Eh, it was bullshit, but at least they tried to do something. I'd say it first Borderlands, they hyped up the vault so much and at the end it was some fucking tentacle monster.
>>
>>385521995

i don't think i'll ever stop being pissed by asura's wrath

you see basicaly at the end of the game, the protagonist has a punch out with the villain and is the most badass thing ever but then a giant planet with tentacle and shit appears, he then dives inside a whole alien planet that threatens to kill everything and he punches the planet to the core and destroys it

so after all this shit one of the minor villain appears and kidnap his daughter again, you are like "oh shit!" when motherfucking buddha appears punches the other villain and kidnaps his daughter your harder so you are like "OH SHIT I'M GONNA HAVE A PUNCH OUT WITH BUDDHA!"

and then the game ends

BECAUSE THE PUNCH OUT WITH BUDDHA WAS PUT IN A DLC 3 MONTH AFTER THE GAME RELEASE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>385522506
Are enemies in B2 on hard difficulty as much bullet sponges as they are in Infishit?
>>
>>385522134
Cool story hipster, how about you name some of them and see if somebody responds rather than trying to act cool and contrarian.
>>
File: nes-bad-dudes-4.png (29KB, 911x731px) Image search: [Google]
nes-bad-dudes-4.png
29KB, 911x731px
>>385522134
this
>>
>>385521995
ME3 was also pretty notoriously bad.
>>
>>385522175
But it doesn't have an ending or even a clear cut off point.
>>
>>385523060
Still better than bioshock infinite
I mean seriously it's not even bioshock
They just remembered it in the ending they were like 'holy shit that's right the series is about rapture' and made some shit dlc to awfully tie those stories
>>
>>385523060
I don't know this seems pretty awesome
>>
Probably Mass Effect 3; I mean there are NES games with one frame endings with just some text on the screen, and those are disappointing, but the really BAD endings are the ones that either:
a. Are so totally unexpected because there's no story significance and just wanted to throw a curveball (Most JRPGs, etc.)
b. The ending is so bad that it invalidates everything you did in the game

Mass Effect 3's ending was so bad it invalidates everything you did in the past THREE games in the series.
>>
>>385522873
I cant tell, Im mostly hitting headshot but still getting my shit pushed in
but in infishit you can clear out a room rather quickly
>>
>>385522873
I think there's generally more encounter variety in B2. Even if Infinite might have more enemy types overall it rarely mixes them together to create complex challenges.
>>
>>385522134
Apparently you don't either because you didn't actually fucking contribute anything.
>>
>>385523668
That was kind of the expected back then though.
>>
>>385523702
I remember that I also did headshot in Infishit and it was spongey as fuck. I guess "difficulty" of Infishit comes from 2 weapon limit while in B2 you can carry all the weapons.
>>
>>385521995
Deus Ex HR aka literally pick a buttton to choose your voiceover for the stock news footage.

The worst part is all they had to do was just copy the fucking Deus Ex finale, one map with different objectives for different factions you can side with.

And then the followup literally killed the franchise.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>Builds up hype for 3 whole games

Pick a color
>>
To this date Mass Effect 3 was the biggest let down for me in endings. Then Andromeda I have yet to even bother finishing.
>>
>>385524304
wWhy would you even play it in the first place?
>>
>>385524451
I am not poor and was bored :(
>>
File: 24789568289.png (263KB, 579x411px) Image search: [Google]
24789568289.png
263KB, 579x411px
>>385522348
>Its not hydrogen that causes the city to float, its quantum mechanics!

Ken you hack
>>
>>385524136
>the now President of Bioware said it wouldn't be a typical video game ending

>>385524507
>and was bored :(
this is the sloppiest, laziest excuse people my age have ever come up with, go be stupid somewhere else
>>
File: ant-fo3-fawkes.jpg (69KB, 815x500px) Image search: [Google]
ant-fo3-fawkes.jpg
69KB, 815x500px
>>
>>385522348
>city is basically perfect
>"oh shit we cant have our protagonist ruin a completely ideal setting"
>"i know! we'll make the columbia racist!"
Same thing with the new Wolfenstein.
>>
>>385525391
Tbqh the city went to shit when nigger commies took over. Racist one was accurately portrayed as a clean and functional place.
>>
>>385525601
Same thing with the first two Bioshock games. Everyone sees it as a criticism of objectivism, but it literally proves Rand's point.
>andrew ryan is the de facto ruler of rapture
>doesn't want normies shitting up his utopia
>invokes government powers to stop fontaine's trade with the surface
>eventually nationalizes industry
>>
>>385523353
YOU sound awesome. let's go get burgers
>>
File: 1453576247235.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453576247235.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
I am Alive

I feels like they ran out of money halfway through and went "fuck it, lets just put the credits here and call it a day"
>>
>>385522087
it does not, you underage brainlet
>>
>>385522087
Nah.
>>
File: MGS2Box.jpg (106KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
MGS2Box.jpg
106KB, 640x908px
Game completely falls apart at the end and takes a sequel to explain
>>
>>385525861
There is a lot of interpretations tho. You can see a main point to Rapture fall in the fact that ADAM had no restriction from State due to its laissez-faire dynamic inside the society
Centralizing power in someones hand is essencial to stabilish any kind of new government (Even if it promises maximum liberty in the long run -which is utopic) because you need to find a way to make different people follow the same new rules, otherwise it won't have legitimacy.
>>
File: header.jpg (96KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
96KB, 460x215px
I get what they were going for conceptually, but it literally felt like the credits rolled halfway through the game after introducing half the story an hour prior.
>>
File: AAAAAAAA.jpg (54KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAA.jpg
54KB, 366x401px
I still wake up in the dead of night, steaming with simmering rage-sweat at the passing memory of Mass Effect 3. I will never not be mad.
>>
A lot of third games in a serries
>Dead Space 3 (either original or DLC)
>ME3
>BS:I
>Fable 3
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles X that ending gave me cancer
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.