[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MHX/XX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0889.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0889.png
2MB, 1280x720px
What went wrong?
>>
>>385521341
Nothing really.

Except it's not on Switch in the west yet.
>>
Grinding special permits was a fucking awful idea and a piss poor substitute for G Rank. Also way too many shitty quests in general.
>>
Adept and Brave styles are flat OP because of near-always accessible complete evasion, with bonuses on top in Adept's case. The styles in general are a terrible idea, the arts with them.

Too much fucking Gen 1/2 representation. I know, this is a muhstalgia game, but those gens are utter fucking garbage for monster movesets in 80% of cases. The chickenwalkers and 'los are prime bullshit material, and others like gravy-os and Khezu are flat unfun, boring messes.

Weapon balance in XX is actually pretty good, most stuff is viable and the biggest meme weapons (TEOSTRA BOW) were pulled back significantly, RIP charge blade autists. Doesn't matter though because styles and absolute evasion fuck everything back up ten times over. The entire flow of a hunt is different, and monster HP is fucking doubled to compensate for the constant safety which serves only to frustrate and annoy.

The progression feels artificial and lifeless. You're not developing a town or travelling across the world, you're just doing Quests because it's a best hits Video Game. Even for the purist in me this is a bit disheartening.

The holding A to gather is a fucking godsend though, that alone makes it hard for me to go back even to 4U.
>>
They played around too much with styles and arts, but didn't really put too much effort to the rest of the game.

I get that it's a testbed game for a next generation MH, and they're focusing on putting in a bunch of new mechanics to see what works and what doesn't, but still doesn't mean they can release a half-assed product.
>>
>>385521626
But it wasn't a substitute for grank, it was just an endgame like 4's guild quests, which were in the base game as well

Westerners just didn't like the game because it was the first game since Tri that didn't have G ranks to come over, also anime styles and hyper monsters have crazy inflated HP, hell, G hyper lagi has more HP than some 140GQ shit in 4G
>>
>>385521341
Not coming to the west is the only thing that went wrong.

>inb4 people saying it's too anime when mhw has proven to be anime as fuck
>>
>>385521447
>yet
X is in the west.
XX wont come to the west, Worlds seems close enough that they'll focus on that, especially with what seems as a simultaneous release. Language, not platform, the pc was said to come later.
>>
>>385522301
The only problem i personally have with world is the portability aspect. Dont have time to spend 500+ hours in front of tv
>>
>>385521341
Everything. Can't wait for MHW this series is in desperate need of a renovation
>>
>>385521341
3DS
>>
This is my first Monster Hunter, so I probably fucked myself when I ever wanna play other games because X is so different.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.