[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the fgc hate the smash community?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

Why does the fgc hate the smash community?
>>
because
>it's popular
>it's an exclusive
>it's not a SF2 clone
>>
Smash fans are obnoxious assholes, espcially melee players.

However, even if that weren't the case, the FGC would still not give a shit about it or hate it because it's different/it's nintendo, and the FGC is largely spics and blacks trying to act tough and nintendo is "kiddy".

See: The FGC's dismissal of pokken even though it's actually mechanically similar to other competitive fighting games and was developed by the Tekken team just because >nintendo
>>
>>385511583
>shit in pools and fountains.
>smell like shit and piss and BO.
>steal everything in sight, even worse than fgc niggers.
>molest community managers.
>complain about station count even though they need crts.
>smell so fucking terrible fgc events started to employ "stink bouncers" for extra stinky smash players, and smash events at universities (such as the UMass smash club) frequently referred to as "stinky time" by normies.
>pros are primadonnas demand retarded shit like shrek and spoongebob crts for "handwarmies."
>complain about finals day and time at events that are vehicles for fighting franchises.
>gloat about stream viewership.
>retarded made-up vernacular of fighting game terms even though they already existed for literally decades.
>smell something awful due to unable to operate deodorant.
>version in-fighting so bad it split the community in half.
>smash clubs in universities (like the UMass club) have autistic shit like a charter, a treasurer, a president, unbelievably autistic shit "Procedures for when the president resigns or is impeached", etc.
>>
>MY UNWASHED MANCHILD DRAGON DILDO ABUSED ASSHOLE!!!!!!
>>WAHOO, LETSA GO - satoru miyamoto
>>*1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP*
>>LE WILD TODD APPEARS::: BUY MY GAME REEEEEEEEEEE DUMB FROGPOSTER
>>REMEMBER TO VOTE TRUMP
>MORE LIKE SWITCH YOUR CONSOLE OFF AAAAAAY LMAO GOTEM GET KEKED REDDITOR NUMALE SJW HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA PLEASE MISTER MIYAMOTO SAN INSERT THY COCK INTO MY UNWASHED MANCHILD DRAGON DILDO ABUSED ASSHOLE!!!!!!
>WAHOO, LETSA GO - satoru miyamoto
>*1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP**1UP*
>LE WILD TODD APPEARS::: BUY MY GAME REEEEEEEEEEE DUMB FROGPOSTER
>REMEMBER TO VOTE TRUMP
LOLOLOLOOL FART FART FART KEKONSOLEFARtS CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT TO CRASH LA LA LA LA LA NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS
JEW JEW JEW JEW JEW JEW JEW JEW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>MUH ZELDA
>MUH MARIOL<
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THANKS MYAMOTO
>>
>>385511583
because you think its a fighting game
>>
>>385512693
This basically
>>
Because the Smash community sucks shit, and the FGC also sucks shit and only care about Capcom games even if they're bad.
>>
>>385513295
All gaming communities are shit, you're talking about adults literally obsessing over kid's toys. Some are worse than others -- and some literally smell like shit (like smashfags)
>>
>>385511583
it's easy to hate people that literally fucking smell
also >>385511715 applies
>>
>>385512693
Don't forget that there are more Melee streamboars/shitposters than actual people who play the fucking game.
>>
I like Smash but fuck I wish Melee would just get an adequate replacement already. It's always the same shit, it's so boring to watch now. I wish PM didn't get killed because that was the closest thing to a good smash game and you're not just watching the same 3 characters every time.
>>
So is the community the one that everybody hates? Or the actual game?

Because I really love Sm4sh, and the commentators are GOAT.

And for example, I really love watching ESAM play, it's very entertaining. But I don't like him outside of the match.
>>
>>385514220

For the most part it's the community. You don't see "smell bouncers" for anything other than fucking smash tourneys. Seriously, why is it so hard for so many of them to bathe before going somewhere?
>>
>>385512693
Don't forget:
>Solved game with no potential for growth.
>Consistently terrible Evo grand finals.
>>
File: 1500814420214.jpg (42KB, 315x616px) Image search: [Google]
1500814420214.jpg
42KB, 315x616px
>>385512693
Shut-up. Shut-UP! SHUT-UP!
>>
File: 601.png (54KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
601.png
54KB, 588x588px
>>385512735
I see...
>>
The stuff about the odor is so damn true. I have to bring air freshener in my bag and drown myself in it in the bathroom if I want to last for at least a half hour
>>
>>385512735
are u ok?
>>
>>385511802
And the autistic pokkenfag strikes again! Is this legit all you do? I don't enter every thread about fighting games on /v/ but no matter when I do, your in it. Your persecution complex over your boring arena masher is cute. Try not to disappear from threads you get btfo'ed in. It makes you look like a bitch.
>>
>>385511583
They smell and behave like a five yeard old who just shat his pants, they are unbelivably obnoxious and retared even for FGC standards. Whenever their game's top 8 is coming up next on a big scene of a tournament, they're just booing and and screaming during the current game about "we want smash, we want smash" and other really annoying things. They mostly are unsefferable and they make themselves hated by everyone.
>>
>>385516863
>yeard
>retared
>and and
>unsefferable

what the fuck happened to your post?
>>
>>385516731
nigger what are you even talking about
>>
>>385511583
Because it's a dynamic game that is fun to watch.

Melee has been in six Evos. Melee alone. Not "Super Melee". Not "Melee Turbo: Arcade Edition".

Other games struggle to stay relevant for more than six months. Smash is always relevant.

And yes, the top players are divas.
>>
>>385516986
Shitty keyboard and anger typing, sorry
>>
>>385516731
>person makes relevant point to the discussion in question
>HUR DUR TRIPFAG DRAMA NOBODY CARES ABOUT

You are just as bad as whoever the hell you are complaining about.
>>
>>385517162
Or you are a shit-eating autist who gets easily entertained by the same trash game.
>>
>>385517425
Take a step back, and re examine what is making you so upset.
>>
>>385517587
You.

And we all know the fat fuck Mr. Wizard loves the Melee viewership. The fat fucking jew.
>>
File: true skill.jpg (1MB, 2968x1460px) Image search: [Google]
true skill.jpg
1MB, 2968x1460px
>>385511583
FGC just can't accept the fact that Smash

- takes more skill than any fighting game on the planet
- the game is one of the deepest, hardest to master fighting games
- its not Capcom
- the community is growing and well loved
- it always gets the highest number of views in EVO
- will stay relevant for years to come

Add to the fact that Wizard crawled to the Smash community to include it in his EVO lineup, whereas other games have to pay huge money just to get in.

EVO needs Smash, Smash is doing fine with its tournaments, we don't need EVO.
>>
>>385517162
>Because it's a dynamic game that is fun to watch.
historically terrible grand finals every year.
>Melee has been in six Evos. Melee alone. Not "Super Melee". Not "Melee Turbo: Arcade Edition". Other games struggle to stay relevant for more than six months. Smash is always relevant.
If Streetfighter stopped at 3S, Alpha 3, or whatever... it would still be at Evo, same goes with everything from GG, BB, Tekken, etc. Just because Smash doesn't have updates doesn't mean shit. Also, melee was less popular than Sm4sh, Tekken, SF, and even fucking BB was nipping at it's heels for viewers.
>>
File: IMG_1404.png (195KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.png
195KB, 500x519px
>live in upper-west NJ on a mountainside
>no fucking connection up here to play fightan
>last arcade just packed up and left vause they didn't feel like paying the floor space
>only one locals scene in Kinnelon, about 27 minutes away, with an advertised Twitch stream and tournies
>it's all Smash and Pokken
>figure "Alright, I'm down for like a couple fun FFAs"
>go down on a locals night
>there's people with those retarded shrinkie dink beads tied to strings around their necks
>their clothes have logos and gamertags all over them
>loud as shit with memes being thrown everywhere
>perpetual stank throughout the room
>it's straight 1v1 For Glory rules only
>get judged hard for picking chars like Shulk or Palutena
>one dude paused the game and did push-ups because I hit him with a Warlock Punch, his hype-man said it's his "penalty"
>never go back
>couple years later, last year at community
>game room was a very fun place to blow off some steam and play some Halo, Mario Kart, Timesplitters, Street Fighter
>freshmen come in
>3 raging autismos barrel in hauling Wiis and Wii Us
>suddenly every TV is occupied with Melee, PM, and Sm4sh, all heavily modded
>never go to class so nobody gets any other time to chill and play something else
>straight 8-hour loud stinky time you can hear and smell through the plexiglass windows
>find out some of them paid outrageous college tuition for the main Smash hauler to come back next semester
>end up spending my free time for the rest of the semester in the cafe with my bros on one laptop setup of KI
Me personally? I hate them because they're common as cockroaches, smell like ass, and have no concepts of indoor voice or fun, and I feel like their rabid obsession with a single series is actively keeping a locals scene for other games like Street Fighter or Killer Instinct from growing up here, at least on the east coast. If they could all collectively fuck off out of their e-celeb cult of personality, that'd be great.
>>
>>385517710

oh shit the bait is real
>>
>>385517816
>I feel like their rabid obsession with a single series is actively keeping a locals scene for other games like Street Fighter or Killer Instinct from growing up here,

KI, sure, but SF fans are just as obsessed with their single game and are against any sort of change or anything different as meleefags.
>>
>>385517680
Breath. Its going to be okay.
>>
>>385517912
>SF fans are just as obsessed with their single game
it's more an obsession with capcom
>>
>>385517993
this. bash any game that's not capcom is what the american fgc is
>>
>>385511583
Because the Smash community spent time and money getting into EVO, and now when they don't feel appreciated enough, make overtures about how they don't need EVO and can leave whenever they want. And it's not like there's much crossover here. Smash has no interest in being a part of the FGC. Imagine if the Mortal Kombat/Injustice community decided to split up from the FGC and never play or spectate any of the other fighting games. They'd be laughed at. Why wouldn't Smash be any different?
>>
>>385511583
Because the last time we let you at events you got us
>banned from a venue
>steal tvs that were being used for tournaments to do friendlies in smash
>you through out our trophies we gave you
>complained we did not give your game enough spotlight
>>
File: shrug.jpg (17KB, 352x277px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
17KB, 352x277px
>>385517837
That guy is baiting but I still agree with most of those points.
>>
File: 1482328167458.jpg (60KB, 448x610px) Image search: [Google]
1482328167458.jpg
60KB, 448x610px
>>385512693
>smell so fucking terrible fgc events started to employ "stink bouncers"
I smell bullshit on this one. That can't be true.
>>
>>385517710
Except you were the ones begging to be back at evo, we KICKED YOU OUT BECAUSE OF HOW RETARDED YOU GUYS WERE the only reason you were allowed back was because you were able to donate enough with your autism bucks
>>
Genuinely because they are complete assholes, the vast majority of the hate is self inflicted. They were originally banned from EVO for a reason. They have smashed vending machines, attacked TOs on twitter demending special treatment, shit on the stairs at events, boycotted events. They are really a cancerous community.

They also seem to have a disproportionate amount of autists and mentally disabled people compared to other fighting games.
>>
>>385518202
You've never been to a local scene or tourney with a smash tournament in it right ? this is nightmare stuff, i,too, thought at first that the smell thing was just a slight exageration ........ boy oh boy
>>
>>385518202
>>385518202
I can say that in the events I've run/been to smash players/areas are noticably smelly

Not all obviously but it's noticable
>>
>>385518256
>we

Which part of the EVO organisation team are you?
>>
File: IMG_2124.jpg (29KB, 408x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2124.jpg
29KB, 408x254px
>Punk loses EVO to Tokido climbing out of losers
>gets hard disrespected mid-game and chokes because of it
>ends up feeling sad and disappointed he let down the US scene
>but pledges to come back strong in the following years
>shakes Tokido's hand and respects his play

>Zero loses to Salem climbing out of losers
>backed Salem up against a wall more than once but ended up out-bested
>ends up throwing a tantrum, refusing to shake Salem's hand
>breaks his controller in the bathroom and deletes his Twitter
>gets back online and issues massive apologies after his sponsors threaten to drop him for acting like a child

The circumstances were different, sure, but the differences in player behavior is astounding.
>>
File: 1499878559495.png (345KB, 625x423px) Image search: [Google]
1499878559495.png
345KB, 625x423px
>>385511583
Because they're so fucking obnoxious that they boo and hate on other fighting games just because they want theirs.
http://rebrn.com/re/melee-chants-after-guilty-gear-finals-booing-2651343/
>>
>>385518975
Zero lost? I bet his fucking girlfriend left him after that loss.
>>
>>385518951
I used to run east coast throw down and were part of the people demanding they be removed from are scene
>>
File: 1501325138933.png (319KB, 482x409px) Image search: [Google]
1501325138933.png
319KB, 482x409px
Why doesnt the smash community have someone like Low tier god?
>>
>>385519928
LTG sticks out like a sore thumb. I imagine the Smash community has too many of them to properly focus on.
>>
File: mang0.jpg (52KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
mang0.jpg
52KB, 500x333px
>>385519928
Smash consists of fine upstanding people in a tight knit community. We don't tolerate niggers or white trash we kick them out.
>>
>>385519928
Because Smash has hundreds of him and they are all autistic.
>>
>>385515705
>Solved game with no potential for growth.
I'd like to know more 'solved' games.
>>
>>385520571
Vampire Savior, Marvel 2, 3S.
>>
File: 42218.jpg (9KB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
42218.jpg
9KB, 300x160px
>>385511583
It's their mindset really.
>arrogance due to the popularity of the brand
>entitlement issues
>bad hygiene
>one track mindset, very few bother to play other fighting games
>believe Smash to be superior to other fighting games
>obsessive over the Nintendo brand
>overfellate their own community and their top players, despite all of them earning much less than other eSports stars
>victim complex cause Sakurai hates them
>little man complex in trying to prove that it's a fighting game
>believe Smash takes more skill to play than Guilty Gear or Tekken, mainly cause "muh APM" but also cause very few have tried to play other games, and don't understand the nuance of the mechanics of those games
>believe exploits make their games better, and are always trying to come up with new names for mundane shit
>usurping and misusing other FG terms without fully understanding them, like "wavedash" or calling "Space Animals" or "Swordsmen" fighting game archetypes. Case in point:
https://www.reddit.com/r/iconsgg/comments/6q6h8e/question_of_the_day_2_archetypes/

I could go on... but I think that settles it. I'm not even an FGCfag, I've actually been a part of the Smash community for a long time, a good 10 years now to be honest. But the community has truly grown to be some of the worst and most autistic.

I mean, just look at all the blatant Smash clones they're making, and how little imagination and creativity they have. It's like they all live in this tightly enclosed bubble, and can't see beyond Smash.

I like Smash, but they hold the game up in such high regard, it's no wonder other people find them annoying to be around. Especially when you combine it with their arrogance and inferiority complexes, plus all the PC culture nonsense that has permiated the community.

That's why I've tried to distance myself from them as much as possible. Smash just has a tendency to draw in all sorts of autism.
>>
>>385511583
The smash community is very easy to hate. It's also a Nintendo game and the FGC doesn't seem to like Nintendo.
>>
>>385521228
>plus all the PC culture nonsense that has permiated the community.
What? I haven't heard of anything like this. At least not for Smash in general.
>>
>>385514220
The community. The games are fine fir what they are, and Melee is easily one of my top 10 games of all time. But the games leave much to be desired, as they COULD be very unique competitive fighting games, but aren't designed as such.
>>
File: pixlr_20170410171618260.jpg (583KB, 1570x1570px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20170410171618260.jpg
583KB, 1570x1570px
>>385521357
Take a tour around Smashboards, and gander at all the trannies blatantly out in the open. And don't you DARE suggest that trangenderism is a mental illness or that you dislike feminism in one of their social threads. Not only will the entire board come after you, but you'll also be issued at least a warning from one if the mids.

Here's another example for you, from the Icons devs, aka, the PMDT.
>>
>>385521897
>Diversity is a core value
What about interesting characters? God damn Icons is bland.
>>
>>385521897
Why do all the characters look like boring bland shit
>>
>>385522320
Lack of creativity.
Trying to stick too closely to the Smash formula (characters LITERALLY have the same movesets as Marth, C.Falcon, Fox, etc...).
Not understanding fighting game archetypes and having an excessively narrow reference library.
Choosing "SPACE" as your setting.
Hiring that one dude from Riot games because he worked at Riot games, rather that someone with actual creative ideas that fit your IP.
Trying too hard to copy the Overwatch "Pixar" artstyle cause it was successful.
>>
>>385517803
2016 GF were pretty good.
>comparing Saturday vs Sunday viewers
>>
>>385511715

They hated it before it was popular though.
>>
>>385511583
P A R T Y G A M E
A
R
T
Y

G
A
M
E
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.