[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It still fucking hurts lads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: EverQuest_Next_Wallpaper_-_Kerra.jpg (823KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EverQuest_Next_Wallpaper_-_Kerra.jpg
823KB, 1920x1080px
It still fucking hurts lads
>>
>>385510195
don't worry SoE was bought out and made bigger and better things
like H1Z1!!! wasn't that a good deal?!
>>
>>385510289
>They ditched an interesting looking mmo for a generic zombie game
>>
>>385510195
>only MMO i was ever realy looking forward.
>continuation of my first ever MMO
>Had my favorite character race in it
>Had polearms in it which almost no RPG other than souls series does
>Had destructible enviroment but wasnt a survival shit game
>Would have had innovative AI without the AI beeing the gimmick of the game
>Wouldve actually made roleplaying and youtube shit fun with that gimmicky face cam thing
>Actually having to digg in the ground to find dungeons
>Build your fucking castle and then raze other peoples stuff
>Worldbuilding was done with respect to the community

When it was announced i was so fucking excited.
"its gonna take forever" i thougth "but some day" - "some day im gonna play this"

How fucking stupid of me.
There will never be good things in MMOs.
Never ever.
This was the last MMO that understood the MMO dream, to play IN a world not play THROUGH the world.

RIP Everquest next
RIP the MMORPG genre

Fuck you russian investors, fuck you SOE
>>
Is P1999 still active? If it is I need to redownload Titanium.
>>
>>385511656
First rule of MMOs: if it sounds too good to be true don't trust it.
>>
>>385511842
yeah its active
also some progression servers running on live that are pretty cool
>>
>>385511656
I completely agree. I am looking forward to Chronicles of Elyria right now due to it having a lot of similar ideas to EQ Next but nothing will beat the atmosphere and races of Norrath.
>>
>>385510195
The moment they start the "Landmark" gimmick I knew it was doomed. People only have themselves to blame for getting hyped.
>>
>>385512695
>People only have themselves to blame for getting hyped.
This, but it applies to everything.
>>
>>385512695
the idea was great, let people learn the system and make em build the world.
too bad they thought they could beat minecraft at its own game and not do the actual fucking MMO.

>>385512353
Just doesnt have the charm.

>>385512948
Its not that i was hyped and it ended up bad. It ended up not happening at all and thats why im mad.

I mean if they just did what they already had it wouldnt have been that bad a game realy.
but they refused to put any of the actual RPG mechanics into Landmark outside of rudimentary combat, but none of the classes etc.

I know cynicism is cool these days but they had something going on with EQ next.
They had a big team working on something that is normally only attempted by overconfident indies.
>>
File: 41123112111322.png (395KB, 719x771px) Image search: [Google]
41123112111322.png
395KB, 719x771px
>>385512353
stop being hyped for that game, it's shit

the only two possible saviors right now are Camelot Unchained and Pantheon

woe unto the MMO genre if both turn out to be shit
>>
>>385510195
>promised to revolutionize AI
>interested to see how it will turn out
>storybricks goes out of business
>EQN is cut

I guess it's back to playing MP games until AI gets better in 10 years from now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.