[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the /v/erdict on this version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 911YnHN2vCL._AC_SX430_.jpg (68KB, 430x393px) Image search: [Google]
911YnHN2vCL._AC_SX430_.jpg
68KB, 430x393px
So what's the /v/erdict on this version?
>>
Its the best version of the game
>>
>>385509440
/thread
>>
Why isn't angelo on the front cover but the fucking horse is?
>>
Speaking as someone who used this as their first experience in playing 8

Pros
>Alchemy Pot is instant. Apparently you had to wait a while in the original release
>Can speed up battles making the game go alot faster
>Two new playable characters are cool
>Two extra post game dungeons help add some value to an already long game
>new ending is cool

Cons
>Graphics are shittier based on the videos I've watched of the PS2 version of the game
>MIDI soundtrack. I thought this was always a dumb complaint when I saw it in threads until I applied the Orchestra patch and the difference was night and day
>"Censored" costumes because the rating system in japan changed. Can be fixed with homebrew or CFW
>Free battles. Theyre a blessing and a curse. Most of the game I was doing fine but during some instances for bosses my level was low because I wasn't encountering enough enemies. Had to go back and grind

TL;DR get the 3DS version if you care more about content and QoL changes instead of graphics
>>
>>385509267
If you're an autist who only cares about "muh content" then it's good.

If you're an intelligent person who cares about the immersive qualities of the adventure, avoid it.
>>
>>385509267
PS2 version has a better UI that I believe was only added for the Western release. The 3DS version goes back to the clunky retro UI like what was in VII.
>>
>>385509597
Would definitely take maybe having to grind, then random battles occurring. For example, you can see metal slimes on the screen, grind them a bit and be fine if not blatantly overleveled.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-12-21-43-55.png (326KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-12-21-43-55.png
326KB, 480x854px
>>385509267
Unlike mobile version, it censors my monsterfu's cleavage.
>>
Jessica's new voice actor in the 3DS version is fucking terrible, instantly killed my interest in buying it when I watched footage.
>>
>>385509267
objectively better simply because of load times
>>
>>385509267
240p
>>
>>385509267
3DS version is the pleb choice. The PS2 version is already a huge game with incredible levels of polish and great presentation. The 3DS offers an inferior experience but an extra 10-20 hours of content. Ask yourself if you'd rather play 100 hours of a great game or 120 hours of a good game.
>>
They censored the dog food scene.
Why did they censor the dog food scene.
>>
>>385510625
Jap rating system or the director had a change of heart?
>>
>>385511136
I can't imagine the CERO has gotten so bad they'd censor a simple scene where a dude gets on his knees and eats a dog's food. It might be mean or cruel at worst but it's not explicit in any way
>>
The photography quest adds a lot of fun to exploring the world, it's a shame the bullshit ones at the very end exist
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.