[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dragon quest XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: XI.jpg (92KB, 850x381px) Image search: [Google]
XI.jpg
92KB, 850x381px
anyone playing this today?
>>
>>385508472
What is news since VIII?
>>
>>385508472
No, thank you for reminding me that I have yet another Japanese game to filter for half a year until we get the butchered meme filled translation.
>>
My copy's en route. It'll be a while. I just couldn't stomach paying more for it digitally.

Hoping to hear from someone who has played it.
>>
>>385508472
What's the Japanese consensus on it?
Do they like it?
>>
Pirated the 3ds version and waiting on the PS4 version to get here.
>>
>>385508472
Lacking too much vocabulary to play it without having to stop to look words up. Might still get to it before western release though.
>>
I'll buy a 3ds just for this game. (And maybe vii,never played). Tired of iv-vi on mobile. Would be nice if vii or ix came to mobile. Probably not happening.
>>
For lack of any reason other than to bump, here's some text that came with the PS4 mail I received today about the game. Someone else may want to post how Google Translate garbles it.

いまこそ、旅立ちの時!!!

この日をどれだけ待ちわびたことか…!

『ドラゴンクエストXI 過ぎ去りし時を求めて』が、いよいよ本日発売となりました!
はじめまして、本作のPlayStation®4版宣伝担当、スクウェア・エニックスの市川です。発売日当日、今皆様にお伝えしたい思いを、このメールニュースの場を借りて、お届けできたらと思います。

さてさて。昨年30周年を迎えた本シリーズ。
あの頃、勇者だったあなたも、今ではお父さん、お母さんになったり、はたまたおじいちゃん、おばあちゃんになったり…。はたまた、親子三代で勇者をしている、なんて方もいるのではないでしょうか?
私はというと、伝説がはじまった日、この世に生をうけてもいないわけですが、いまではすっかり勇者の面構えでこのメールニュースを書いています。

30年以上の歴史の中で、「ドラゴンクエスト」シリーズが積み上げてきたものはたくさんあります。
壮大な物語、忘れられないあのキャラのあの言葉、母ちゃんの掃除機衝突の恐怖、身悶えるほどの苦渋の選択、手に汗握るあのバトル、そしてあの場面で流れるあの名曲…!!!といった具合に、「ドラゴンクエスト」の思い出は、冒険者の数だけあるのではないでしょうか。

ct'd
>>
>>385510641
一人ひとりに自分だけの人生があるように、「ドラゴンクエスト」の冒険も、自分だけのもの。 シリーズ生みの親である、堀井雄二さんの“人生はロールプレイング”という言葉の通り、あなた自身が主役になって、あなただけの冒険を楽しんでいただきたいと思います。

11番目の本編最新作である本作は、2回目の「1」ということで、改めて原点に立ち返り勇者の物語を描いた作品になっています。 “新たな原点”となる『ドラゴンクエストXI』の冒険は、きっとこの先のあなたの人生にとっても、必ずや忘れられない冒険の一つになると、お約束します。

もちろん、この『ドラゴンクエストXI』が、“初ドラクエ”になる方もいるかと思いますが、「前のシリーズやってないと意味がわからないのでは?」なんて心配は無用です。そんな皆様にとっても、“原点”となる冒険が待っていますよ!
>>
>>385510641
Google Translate:
Now it's time to leave !!!

How much waiting for this day ...!

"Dragon Quest XI seeking time to pass" finally got released today!
Nice to meet you, this is PlayStation® 4 edition advertisement charge, Ikkawa of Square Enix. I hope to deliver the feeling I want to tell everyone now on the day of release date, with the help of this mail newsletter.

Alright. This series celebrating the 30th anniversary of last year.
In those days, you who were braves, now become a father, a mother, you become a grandpa, a grandma .... Also, is not it that some people are doing brave with their parents and their three generations?
As for me, on the day the legend started, I have not been alive in this world, but now I am writing this mail news with full of courage to the brave.

In the history of more than 30 years, there are many things that the "Dragon Quest" series has accumulated.
A magnificent story, that word of an unforgettable character, a fear of a mother's vacuum cleaner collision, a choice of a bitter astringent, that battle to hold a sweat, and that famous piece that flows in that scene ... !! , There are as many memories of "Dragon Quest" as there are adventurers.
>>
>>385508472
I don't know weeb
>>
>>385510681
Oh fuck is this a new origin story? Are future DQ games gonna build on this?

Google Translate:
Just like each person has his own life, the adventure of "Dragon Quest" is only for myself. As the word "Yori Horii's life" is the creator of the series, you will want to have yourself play the leading role and enjoy your own adventure as the word "role playing".

This work, which is the eleventh main part of this main title, is a work that depicts the story of the brave, returning to the origin again, because it is the second "1". I promise that the adventure of "Dragon Quest XI" which becomes "New Origin" will certainly become one of unforgettable adventures for your life in the future.

Of course, I think that some "Dragon Quest XI" will be "first dragon", but do not worry about "Do not know the meaning if you did not do the previous series? Even for all of you, an adventure will be waiting for you as "the origin"!
>>
I played up until the world map before taking a break. It's really annoying how they randomly space lines
>>
>>385508472
>midi
No thanks, I like games that don't sound like they are from 1999
>>
>>385510924
It's synth, but you're shitposting so I doubt you care. I will say that I wanted an orchestrated track from the get go and that the synth is a bit of a let down.
>>
>>385510781
>Oh fuck is this a new origin story? Are future DQ games gonna build on this?
Huh. I mean, yeah, 原点. That's certainly more or less directly worded as such. Interesting. Thanks for doing the legwork.
>>
>>385510924
Hopefully we'll get an orchestra and voice acting (on PS4) like DQ8 did on its original PS2 localization.
Oh who am I kidding.
>>
>>385510924
>from 1999
The PS1 had many games with much better sounding music than DQXI, just listen to the Chrono Cross soundtrack.

Modern DQ music sounds worse than 16-bit
>>
>>385511125
Relax. The localization itself was just announced yesterday. Horii's not dumb about his games. His hands could be tied on things, sure, but if they're not, there's no reason to doubt why 11 won't get handled the same way as 8.
>>
>>385511245
>there's no reason to doubt why 11 won't get handled the same way as 8.
7/8 on 3DS were pretty no-frills and kept the midi music.
>>
>>385511324
The Jap versions had orchestral music. It didn't make it to the US for technical reasons I believe.
>>
>>385511510
JP version were midi, and DQ8 on English had all voice-work stripped despite near full acting in JP.
>>
>>385511324
>kept the midi music.
Well actually 7 had orchestrated music in Japan, but they put the synth music in for the west.

>>385511510
I think 8 had synth in japan too. I thought it had something to do with Sugiyama not wanting his music outside of Japan or something. To be honest I'm not sure why.

>>385511629
DQ8 in English still has voice acting.
>>
>>385511125
Hopefully we dont
Fuck off and go back to FF
>>
>>385511629
>JP version were midi
Wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X6FicbIK0I&index=17&list=PLw_jXS6lo-Zt8kwRpjHkrCbHw5Ex7_lWk
>>
>>385511742
You are autistic.
>>
>>385511125
There's no way the game will come to the west without voice acting. The cutscenes in the Japanese version look so ridiculous with fully animated characters that move their mouths but no sound comes out.
>>
>>385511510
Some think it's SE not wanting to fork over a bit extra cash to license Sugiyama orchestral music. Since DQ7 and 8 3DS only came here because of fans and not because they felt it will be a massive seller.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.