[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started this and I must ask, is this the Dark Souls of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Uw5aBanN[1].jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Uw5aBanN[1].jpg
24KB, 500x500px
I just started this and I must ask, is this the Dark Souls of platformers?
Also, any tips?
>>
Salt and sanctuary is the dark souls of platformers
>>
>>385506095
>>385506619
Hollow Knight is.
>>
>>385506095
I fucking love this game, but this man >>385506619
is right, Salt and Sanctuary us the dark souls of platformers.
>>
>>385506808
What even is my goal though? I'm at the industrial compelx or whatever, and I'm fucking lost, don't know where to go. Also last time when I was hibernating, a new option came up on the left side, something about how I'm the survivor or something? What's that about?
>>
>>385506934
If I told you anything m I'd be spoiling it for you anon.
Keep playing it and you'll figure it out.
Explore
>>
>>385506934
Unfortunately a lot of the game is about discovering stuff you don't understand, so anyone who has played the game won't want to tell you much.

Industrial complex is pretty annoying though as I found it one of the less intuitive areas in terms of figuring out where you need to go next.
Maybe that's just because it's at the start of the game.
>>
>>385506095
Get comfortable with your movement options, such as the backflip/wall jump and movement in tunnels.

You can store most items in your stomach by holding down the 'eat' button.

Pay attention to which object gets thrown first when you have two objects in your hands (I think its whatever is on the left side when you're standing still?)
>>
>>385507454
Slugcat always throws whatever is in his right hand first
>>
>>385506619
>>385506808
S&S is more like a metroidvania beat'em up than a pure platformer
>>
>>385506095
don't follow the little yellow fella. take its advice regarding food, enemies, and shelter, but don't go where it tells you.
>>
Listening to the soundtrack right now. As much as I liked Hollow Knight and Salt and Sanctuary, Rain world really stood out as unique. Not that they are very similar games.

Really looking forward to the update.
>>
>>385507665
>Don't follow
Why not? Pretty sure he takes you on the 'typical' or expected path of someone who hasn't played before.
>>
I don't know, but is "...is this the Dark Souls of..." the Dark Souls of videogames buzzwords this year?
>>
This thread is the Dark Souls of threads.
>>
Demon's Souls is the Dark Souls of Action RPGs.
>>
>>385507717
Any info if it will be free update? I don't mind paying for it but its gonna be fee right?
>>
>>385509886
I think it's free since it's worded as an update rather than dlc, but I'm not certain. Might be a part of kickstarter goals.
>>
>>385510875
Yeah I guess the multiplayer atleast is part of the goals.

I am in chimney canopies atm, I get killed by white lizard or bird all the time and I have 0 karma and no food. Feels bad.
>>
>>385511050
The karma gates were at times a real frustration for me, but otherwise the frequent dying didn't bother me so much. The enemy placement does sometimes create some pretty interesting (impossible) situations. Then there's of course the rain and having to find shelter.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.