[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

which one?
>>
>>385503408
Kiefer
>>
>>385503408
i liked sutherland
>>
kiefor
>>
>>385503408
kiefer for big boss/venom
hayter for solid
>>
File: 1461537358366.jpg (35KB, 415x481px) Image search: [Google]
1461537358366.jpg
35KB, 415x481px
>>385503408
I choose lefto
>>
>"METAL GEAR?! *grumble grunt*"
Hayter was never good
>>
the chief kief
>>
Kiefer had like five lines and his performance was completely flat and emotionless
>>
Christopher sabat
>>
Hayter is such a whiny self important pussy bitch. Kiefer may be a boring drunk with no real acting range but at least he's a professional when it comes to work.
>>
Both are meme VAs
>>
>>385503408
the one who isn't a gungrabbing librul
>>
Akio Ōtsuka
>>
>>385503591
Fuckin this, Kiefer is Big Boss
>>
>>385503408
Kiefer barely even says a word throughout MGSV. Even then, I still hated it.

The proper set up is Kiefer for Big Boss and Hayter for Solid Snake. If Kojima had gotten someone else to voice Naked Snake from the beginning then the debacle surrounding Hayter not returning would have been avoided.
>>
>>385503408
Hayter voice in peace walker is insufferably ugly, it actually kind of annoying to hear because it sounds like that he tried way too hard.
>>
>>385503408
>with each change, I changed too

that line in the trailer was awesome
>>
>>385503603
>kepthyouwaitinuhh
Neither is Kiefer.
>>
if we're talking about complete game where the mc actually talks than keifer for sure to play medic manager and big boss. hayter will always be solid snake, for better (mgs3) or worse (pisswalker)
>>
>>385503827
>"we'll make diamonds from their asses"
Kief was perfect
>>
>>385503408
hayter is a voice actor who became a cult icon solely through exposure, like the scream queens of 80s slasher flicks. no real talent to speak of, but people love them anyways for whatever reason.
>>
>>385503774
mah nigga
>>
>>385503408
Kiefer works best for BB. However, if the inevitable MG remakes have Kiefer Sutherland playing Solid Snake then Konami can go fuck themselves.
>>
File: BwuOwk2CYAAnxOF.jpg large.jpg (131KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
BwuOwk2CYAAnxOF.jpg large.jpg
131KB, 1024x633px
>implying the english versions are the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7762RpoWg
>>
>>385503408
Koyama Rikiya
>>
>>385503408
Kiefer
imo the only good performance david had was in mgs1, he actually felt like someone who's been through some shit, while in 2,3,4,PW he seems a little cheesy
my dream is a remake of MG1 and MG2 with david doing a good va of soild, and kiefer doing big boss
>>
>>385503408
Neither were that good but at least Hayter had a certain charm.
Of course half the reason both were bad is because of Kojima's writing.
>>
>>385504071
And the VA director for MGS4 and Peacewalker.
>>
>>385504064
Thing is is that Hayter can still do the MGS1 level acting, but the voice director tells him to age and get gruffier every time.
>>
to be completely honest the only game I'd like to see without Kojima but with Hayter is a post apocalyptic MG
>>
>>385503408
I like Hayter in MGS1 and MGS2, but I've never liked that Snake and Big Boss had the same voice. I feel the same even for the Japanese (despite Otsuka being good), and in this regard the English version of MGS2 was in improvement with Solidus.

Kiefer gave a pretty decent performance, especially in the tapes with Big Boss where he's allowed to be a little more loose and lively. I liked him once I was able to get beyond the fact it was Kiefer Sutherland.
>>
>>385503408
Anyone who says Kiefer probably started with MGSV. I cannot picture him voicing a young Snake at all. He's a good 50+ Big Boss though, when he isn't slurring his words and saying catchphrases with the wrong emphasis.
>>
>>385504421
but kief isn't Boss either
>>
>>385503801

This desu. Why the fuck would you have the same exact voice for two different characters?
>>
>>385503408
It made sense for Venom Snake not to be voiced by Hayter since he wasn't actually Big Boss or a clone of Big Boss.
>>
>>385503408
I don't care.
>>
>>385504909
Sutherland voices Big Boss in the game too, though.
>>
>>385505092
Well, as someone who quit because "NOT MUH MGS", that's news to me, but I keep planning to go back and attempt it.

However, Kiefer as Boss shouldn't of happened.
>>
>>385503408
none of them, kiefer was shit, hayter started being shit in 2 and kept getting worse until PW where it was just unintelligible groans
>>
>>385503408
after the childish way Hayter has behaved, Keifer.
also he stopped being good after mgs1, he started over acting instead of giving us that mgs1 snake again.
>>
>>385505092
that's to sell the twist better
>>
Hayter

Sutherland is a great actor, but he did not give a shit, and they cut out most his better lines.
>>
Keptchu waitng huh?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>385503408
Emmanuel Bonami
>>
>>385506520
they should have let other countries have their dubs after mgs1
>>
Sutherland had a few flat sounding lines, like she suffifed (which is bad considering its the first thing he says.) but overall he was actually pretty good. Hayter should remain as Solid, although he was shit in PW (and 4 but that was on purpose.)
>>
They're pretty different. Hayter works great up until PW. Then MGSV is a lot darker and heavier, with less goofy stuff that Hayter would've destroyed the tone and Kiefer worked out better.
>>
>>385503408
Richard Doyle
>>
>>385506869
Yeah Keifer really sells being a man who's entire life is terrible and hates himself and wants to die. Funny thing that.
>>
>>385503408
Kiefer.

That faggot on the right is just a neckbeard. Maybe if he shaved and cleaned up, kojima might let him be the janitor of his company.
>>
>>385504421
>Anyone who says Kiefer probably started with MGSV. I cannot picture him voicing a young Snake at all.

This faggot hasn't beaten MGSV yet.
>>
David Hayter for Solid Snake/Big Boss.

Kiefer for Venom Snake.
>>
>>385503408
hayter by far, maybe if kiefer had more lines he would stand out, but hayter does more lines in a single codec call than the entirety of mgs5
>>
>>385503408
Hayter's Snake VA has been on a constant decline since MGS4 and Sutherland barely fucking said anything in V probably because he charged out the ass so either.
>>
both, at the same time
>>
>>385503801
>The proper set up is Kiefer for Big Boss and Hayter for Solid Snake
>>385504363
>but I've never liked that Snake and Big Boss had the same voice.
>>385504835
>This desu. Why the fuck would you have the same exact voice for two different characters?

One is a clone of the other. Their vocal chords should be nearly identical. No? The biggest difference would be that one smokes cigars and the other cigarettes, which might make a small difference. They would sound mostly the same, in pitch and timbre. Accent is a different matter.

Venom Snake would have a different voice than BB and SS.
>>
>>385505092
>Sutherland voices Big Boss in the game too, though.

That should just be the huge chunk of metal lodged in Medic's brain fucking with his perception. He thought he was Big Boss, so his memories changed to make them share the same voice.
>>
>>385507975
>Their vocal chords should be nearly identical. No?
Maybe, but who cares? I'm arguing for characterization over anything, and besides: Liquid sure doesn't sound like Solid. Why would Big Boss? Even in the Japanese, where even Solidus has the same voice actor, Liquid has a different voice. Banjo Ginga sure isn't Akio Otsuka.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.