[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VN Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3711.jpg (128KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3711.jpg
128KB, 670x377px
I inadvertently got the overall twist to Umineko spoiled for me, and I barely started episode 3. I'm pissed and depressed because of all that time gone to waste.

What now?

Also, Visual Novel thread I guess.
>>
File: IN11BL.png (227KB, 368x553px) Image search: [Google]
IN11BL.png
227KB, 368x553px
hey
>>
Danganronpa is legitimately a mediocre to bad game. As a visual novel, the plot is wasted potential (Mind control? Really?), and some of the writing is beyond awful. As an actual videogame, the gameplay of the school trials is just bad. It tries to tack on too many features, and then doesn't actually use them well. If it had dropped a couple of them, maybe it would have been better. The shooting segments have wonky hitboxes and sometimes poor logic, and the rythm game has doesn't even seem to conform to an actual rythm. Hangman is shit also, with answers being obtuse or way too easy to guess.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but Makoto also forgives everyone way too easily in the last trial. They essentially condemn him to death, or at least Kyoko does, and they never display that they had any knowledge of Alter Ego being able to save him, which shows they basically just fucked him over. Sure, Kyoko goes down into the pit later (how she does is anyone's guess, considering the incinerator), but she didn't know at the time that you would live. Makoto just instantly forgives everyone for essentially killing him, which is ridiculous, so I can only assume this is a Japanese thing.

The waifu game is pretty decent though.
>>
>>385499230
You haven't played DR2 have you? I assure you that you're going to hate it if you hate DR1.

>even worse minigames
>retarded MGS2-tier twists
>DR3 makes DR2 even worse

The characters aren't all scumbags though. Some of DR1's characters deserved to die without question, but whether or not you think the DR2 cast should also be punished is up to your own morals.

At least DR2's protag wasn't as forgiving as Makoto.
>>
>>385497674
But there is no definitive plot twist in the visual novel?
>>
>>385499859
Fuck, I bought the 2-pack.

I'll just play on easy then, at least it won't be as bad then. Picking Mean was a bad choice for a first time through.
>>
>>385499927
I haven't read the entirety of the spoiler and only caught a glimpse before I flipped my shit and exited the tab, but from what I could gather apparently everything is not real, or to put it simply, it's a fantasy created by Battler

Am I wrong? Tell me the truth. Tell me in red if you have to. I'll be really happy if the spoiler was fake or am actually way off from getting the true spoiler, but I'd like to know the absolute truth. Was my spoiler correct?
>>
>>385500623
Not really, it's far more complicated than that.
You aren't really spoiled at all honestly.
>>
>>385500623

Honestly you saved yourself some times from this shitshow of a VN. Episode 7 and 8 are known to be the downfall of the series and disappointing to many fans of the series especially for its Japanese fanbase. Hurt R07's pretty hard and sales of Umineko were piss poor in comparison to Higuarshi
>>
>>385500525
Picking mean difficulty was a mistake. I mean, it's a VN. Since all you have to do is just read it, why would you let the difficulty of some shitty minigames stop you from reading through the story? I mean, unless you're a masochist. Then I guess it's understandable.
>>
>>385500887
I looked up the difficulty differences and people were saying it was piss-easy when not on Mean, and I mean, Mean isn't even that bad, it's just really annoying.
>>
>>385500810
So Battler and Ange's (I haven't been introduced to Ange yet) parents killing everyone and them creating a fantasy is not all there is to this then right?

>>385500871
I understand that people have mixed feelings about the Chiru arc but I kind of want to experience it myself. I heard it had the same disappointment as the ME3 ending, but I kind of want to experience it myself. Disappointment is just something one should feel first hand sometimes.
>>
>>385501103
Oh boy, then don't play DR2 on mean then. Stick to easy. Finding the Octagon was the worst experience I have ever experienced in DR. Don't worry, you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>385500623
Well it's open to interpretation, like everything in the VN is. That's not like a massive mind-blowing spoiler, hell it's only interesting to discuss given the context of the different layers of the meta-world introduced in Chiru and makes no sense otherwise. Umineko isn't about spoilers or big twists and if that's what you're expecting you'll be disappointed much like everyone who expected a defined closed ending in Ep 8. As cliche as it sounds, it's really about the journey and the experience of immersing yourself in the world and characters and what you interpret from the events. The most fun I had with Umineko was discussing it with other people, because it's literally made to be discussed, the author himself wanted people to discuss each episode after they were released individually.
>>
>>385501760
Damn, then I missed out on the proper experience, huh?

Still though, I suppose that means I shouldn't quit reading if everything's just up to interpretation and if it's all about the journey. I found myself fully immersed every time shit hits the fan. And even though the adults all keep reminding me that they're all scum, I can't help but like them still. Also, seeing pictures of all the women with the gun is just funny to me. I've had fun seeing Battler uncover the mysteries so far, so I guess I should keep going.
>>
>>385497674
The twist is not as important as you think.
Continue, it's worth it.
>>
>>385502050
Well if you enjoy the characters and red/blue truth battles you'll love episodes 5 and 6 especially. Most of the characters are well written, which is one of the things I like most about the series. Even the adults that seem the scummiest you can sympathize with in some way.
In regards to episodes 7 and 8, they're usually the biggest point of contention. The most "truth" you'll get is in episode 7, however episode 8 really drops the ball in some ways. Most people attribute this to the author's best friend, 'BT', dying around the time episode 7 was written leaving the author in a resentful state which is expressed in certain scenes in ep 8 involving the characters figuratively fighting the readers (which I personally find hilarious). Those who have gripes about this series are the ones expecting an absolute truth to be given in episode 8. There's one theory that explains all the murders that's only ever hinted at in the VN, but is all but confirmed in the manga and it doesn't involve the 'spoiler' you were told.
>>
>>385502503
>>385502683
Thanks guys. I finally found the motivation to keep going then. Thanks for clearing my mind.
>>
Is Uchikoshi's "Eve: New Generation X" a good VN plot-wise? I really didn't like the original, "Burst Error", since, well, it was basically 90% "DESIRE: Noir Edition: Times 2x", and, pacing-wise, it was blue-balley as hell (and that ending was just schizophrenic, I mean, regardless of the main setup, it was implemented in, like, the most half-assed way, I've ever seen in any piece of interactive media).
>>
I wish to know some of the best retro nukige
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.