[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mafia 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 3142182-mafia3-review-thumb.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3142182-mafia3-review-thumb.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong, /v/?

Do we hate it because the character isn't like us?
>>
They took it away from 2K Czech. The cutsenes were outsourced to them, that's why they look better than the rest of the game, but the rest was made a studio lead by a guy that's only known for "The Force Unleashed'.
>>
>>385491856
Combination of the game being rushed and of the devs not knowing what they were doing

It was such a shame this game sucked, I loved the first two Mafia games. It was the only game I was really looking forward to last year too
>>
>>385491856
these
>>385492634
>>385492878
the game left out so many features from the previous title.
It's like GTA4 to GTA5 but with dev consistency you can only expect from 2K. So in other words, plays like shit and has less than it should have with little to no excuse.
>>
somehow they managed to make a game with less technology than GTA SA, I'd even go so far as to say that this game has anti-technology
>>
>>385491856
>Ubisoft stealth but somehow worse AI
>basic cover hugging and shooting action
>as much gameplay variety as PS2 GTA clones
>Many technical issues, very poor fidelity in general.
There are many reasons to hate it.
>>
>>385491856
Finally a game set in the 60's one of the coolest decades with some of the greatest musi---
>You have to play as a nigger
>>
>>385494309
Why don't you want to play as Abraham Lincoln Cassius Clay
>>
>>385494309
It's New Orleans in the 60s. You really expected to play as a white guy?
>>
File: punished vito.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
punished vito.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>385495486
I wanted to play as punished Vito
>>
>>385491856
Incredibly repetitive gameplay.
>>
>>385495486
I'm saying it's one of the first big 3d games set in one of my favorite eras. I've always enjoyed music, movies, art ect. from the 60's and I end up being forced into "Oppressed race simulator 2016" kinda bullshit if you ask me. Seems like for the last 2 or 3 years way too many games have had some kind of political, racial, or even sexual agendas shoved into them.
>>
File: 1500948122601.png (305KB, 545x700px) Image search: [Google]
1500948122601.png
305KB, 545x700px
>>385494309
>>385495873
here's your [You]
now
>>
>game series based solely on the italian mafia meme
>replace wise guy with a nigger
>game isn't even good
If San Andreas was a bad game like Mafia 3 and then they replaced CJ with a white supremacist, it would not go well.
>>
>>385491856
>A mafia game with a nigger protagonist.

As an Italian, I'm still triggered even if I realy shouldn't.
>>
>Super cool setting and period
>Open world
That's what always goes wrong.
>>
>>385491856
Repetitive and ultimately has an identity crisis. It's as if you combine GTA V, with Mafia, and Far Cry 3. Such a thing results in a game that is repetitive similar to Far Cry while you have an open world with half the attention to detail as a Rockstar game while tempting to latch onto with identity of Mafia.
>>
>>385495583
This would've been interesting, if they'd gone with something akin the film "Unforgiven" and "Once Upon a Time in America", the narrative could've been interesting. But we got a Tarantino cuckfest.
>>
>>385496742
No it's not the fact that it's open world. It's the fact that they try to make the graphics super realistic instead of just easy on the eyes. You can't pack a whole lot to do in a game when you focus all your dev team and budget on flash graphics.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.