[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't many people enjoy OWB?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Outsmarted.png (59KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Outsmarted.png
59KB, 240x240px
Why don't many people enjoy OWB?
>>
HELIOS ONE COMING BACK ONLINE
>>
>>385485839
The humor doesn't gel with some people and the fact that the entire DLC is a massive fetch quest doesn't really help it either. I enjoyed it, but I get why others might not.
>>
>>385485839
OWB was pretty damn fun. The Robo brains were pretty damn funny. Fuck Dead Money tho.
>>
>>385486071
Why don't you like dead money Anon?
>>
File: NOM.gif (907KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
NOM.gif
907KB, 400x294px
>>385485839
I did tho
>>
>>385485839
I thought OWB was one of more liked DLCs

Dead Money's very love it or hate it, most people only like honest hearts for joshua graham and survivalist, and I rarely see anything good said about lonesome road
>>
>>385485839
I liked it because it had captain qwark, dr venture, and liquid snake
>>
>>385485839
The jokes start to wear thin after a while. I liked it a lot on my first go around but I can't stand replaying it.
>>
>>385486138
My ass hole was not prepared for that BS. Constantly drinking toilet water and dodging those gas mask ghosts or whatever. I might give it another try since I have it on my laptop but I had bad memories from that DLC.
>>
>>385485839
>reddit the dlc
>>
>>385486138
GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS
>>
>>385486138
It's boring to replay
>>
>>385486210
Lonesome road is good, it just has a very fallout 3 vibe to it
>>
Because the hype surrounding Big MT makes it sound like a veritable mad science wonderland with all kinds of whacky facilities that will sparkle and move and whatnot.

Then you leave the central dome and realise it's just another flat expanse of rusted junk that looks exactly the same as everywhere else in the game. Seriously the central dome is the only cool building in the dlc.
>>
>It's fucking annoying.
>The humor is just way too in your face.
>quests are boring
I don't know what else. I didn't really finished it since i was so underwhelmed by that piece of shit
>>
File: 1499283073375.jpg (47KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1499283073375.jpg
47KB, 720x405px
>reddit memes
>le wacky benis toes xD
>bullet sponge respawning enemies
>>
>bullet sponge enemies
>all fetch quests
other than that it was lovely
>>
I thought the talking futuristic call of duty armor looked really unfitting for a fallout game
It looked like an anime reference that was lazily modded in
>>
>>385485839
My favorite DLC there is, I love my sexy dumb robot russian once-human waifu who loves bears and dildos more than life.
>>
OWB = Past 4chan
DM = /v/ (Courier), /r9k/ (Christine), /pol/ (Elijah), /tv/ (God) and /co/ (Dog)
LR = Future 4chan
HH = Present 4chan
>>
>>385486403
I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
>>
>>385485839
I enjoyed it but the beginning is absolutely ridiculous and the dialogue should have been cut or placed somewhere else. 25-fucking-minutes of initial dialogue (with a lot of it trying too hard to be funny) wouldn't sit well with any normal person.
>>
>>385485839
IDK

it had fucking Doc Venture in it, that sold me
>>
>>385487003
What sponge enemies
>>
Because if you don't like the characters or jokes you're not going to enjoy it. The DLC requires just wandering into domes and seeing what's in there, there's really not much to it if you're playing it solely for gameplay experiences. Not to mention the lobotomites/roboscorpions that spawn in groups of three 10 feet in front of you and take and deal large amounts of damage
>>
>>385485839
I liked it, but my desire to check every last fucking container in the universe makes OWB a chore to play through.
>>
>>385487806
All of them
>>
>>385486370
Dead Money is supposed to fug you hard and anally ravage you, that's what makes it so good.

You can waltz into the other DLCs and kill everything easily, but DM takes away all your stuff and you have to scavenge to survive.
>>
>>385485839
writing was just a little too over the top.

i do like how it was a microcosm of what makes the main game good, which is having an open world with discrete little cool areas with their own little side story and usually a unique item. fucking around in owb was top tier, it was just the main quest that was kinda meh.

despite this, i still think LR was the best DLC even though it had none of that kind of thing.
>>
OWB is by and far my favorite but one criticism I'll give is that some quests are repetitive and it had the most inconsistent of enemies. Unlike HH where everything was surprisingly balanced and LR/DM where the game tries to assrape you, OWB would greatly shift from enemies that will die just by farting at them to other where unless you don't have the LAER or decent with Mellee they will refuse to die with nothing short of 100 bullets.

That said it's by far the best thought out of all the DLC's. Not as stupidly linear as LL, not as easy and unfinished as HH and not as annoying and cheap as DM.
>>
>>385486210

i personally like lonesome road best. it had really well designed areas. i especially liked near the end where you were in the ruined city built right into the canyon.

i definitely get why a lot of people don't like it that much. what i don't get is the people who don't think honest hearts was boring shitte. even graham couldn't save that dlc for me, especially since he's barely in it.
>>
I know this is a dumb question but I always wondered; Why did they release Dead Money first and OWB nearly last when the story as a whole was clearly meant to be played as HH-OWB-DM-LL?
>>
>>385489371
Probably something to do with Ulysses
>>
>>385489371
I wouldn't say it was meant to be in that order, they just gave us some more info on what went down between Christine and Elijah in OWB. Really, the order of the first 3 DLC's is pretty much interchangeable with little to no consequences.
>>
I haven't played any DLCs, can someone explain the Ulysses lore to me?
>>
>>385489331
Honest Hearts reminds me a lot of real life camping, in that there's very little to do and you immediately wonder why you left home in the first place
>>
File: lonesome road.jpg (36KB, 466x190px) Image search: [Google]
lonesome road.jpg
36KB, 466x190px
>>385490209
>>
>>385485839
>repetitive fetch quests

easily the best DLC though. Honest hearts is a close second but too short
DM had no replay value but great characters/story and ghost people were much more tedious than challenging
LR's antagonist was besthesda-tier writing and the DLC was just one long linear combat section.
>>
File: [AUTISTIC SCREECHING].gif (603KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
[AUTISTIC SCREECHING].gif
603KB, 500x318px
>>385490209
>>
>>385490105
HH-OWB-DM-LR is the chronological order of things, though, so it more or less is the order to play as. The entire DLC storyline is about following Ulysses' history to your past and then present.

He first goes to the White Legs from HH on Caeser's orders and teaches them kung fu and shit, and they steal his dreadlock style in thanks. This gets him all butthurt and he defects from Caeser's Legion to wander the world. He stumbles on Big MT from OWB and gets all philosophical with the Brains trying to figure out what the best future for the world is. He meets Elijah while there, and tells him the location of the Sierra Madre, which you head to next in DM. After that, you receive his invitation to LR where your past and his intersect, and then there's all that showdown shit.
>>
>>385490209
Tribal savage with a narrow world-view has his way of life changed due to the Courier and fixates his rage upon him after unknowingly changing his worldview again.
>>
>>385490209
>probably not even (you) delivered a package that detonated a nuke in his shitty tribe
>makes you fire a nuke using bullshit meta-logic
>now i'm going to nuke the mojave to give a "message" to some literal who courier
>>
>>385485839
I thought the general consensus was that OWB was the best DLC.
>>
File: 1479777159391.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479777159391.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>385491142
>probably not even (you) delivered a package that detonated a nuke in his shitty tribe
His tribe was assimilated into the Legion, he was pissed because "you" delivered a package that nuked a settlement that he believed could have become his ideal nation or whatever.
>>
>>385491417
DM>LR>OWB>muh noble savages
>>
>>385487429
TONIGHT I'LL FLY!
>>
>>385491142

Think of the Platinum Chip, in a single piece of metal you could bring forth an army of nearly unstoppable killbots for your own purposes to change the Mojave Wasteland like how the codes turned the Divide to a wasteland.

A realy pity the Securitrons didn't pack a single use fatman.
>>
>>385485839
>boring items
>boring locations
>shitty plot
>5 enemies
>benis bingers xDDD
ye
nah
>>
>>385491142
Ulysses is a tribal punk who gets Legion'd and only knows war with the NCR.

Eventually he spots a small town that popped up from all the couriers passing though a common spot. They don't give a shit about the Legion or the NCR, they're just courier crossroad town. Ulysses's mind is blown that something like that could be, a town without an ideological war raging. Holy shit, I could stop fighting and just be a dirt merchant! Town keeps growing as more couriers use it as a rest-stop across the West coast.

One day the Courier passes through making a delivery like any other and manages to activate all the nukes in the missile silos. Didn't mean to do it, just sorta happened.

MOTHER FUCK, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY NEW WORLD WITHOUT ANY OF THIS IDEOLOGICAL WAR BULLSHIT. SOMEONE'S GONNA PAY. I'M GONNA SKIN THE MOTHER FUCKER WHO DID THIS SHIT. Also, I kinda want to rebuild this thing, I don't wanna be NCR or Legion.

He does his research about the Old World with the Big MT and eventually finds you. Wants to shank you because he's mad you ruined his shit unknowingly since doing something that big should be a premeditated action and not just an act of fate.
>>
>>385487324
You = Autism
>>
>>385485839
>people saying dead money was hard
Just grab a bear trap fist and you'll kill everything in one hit.
>>
File: 1481394063928.jpg (293KB, 537x884px) Image search: [Google]
1481394063928.jpg
293KB, 537x884px
>>385490209
It's been awhile but off the top of my head;
He was some guy who became jaded and disillusioned with both the legion, NCR, as well as most communities at the time and decided to settle down at hopeville base (which you inadvertently started due to your frequent passing through the area)
He thought with time it might actually be a community viable enough to become it's own nation, and finally thought he found a long awaited place to call home. That was until the legion and NCR began to send scouts to investigate the area. Eventually it all culminated in you unknowingly delivering a package through there that remote detonated
the Nukes everywhere under the base. He was blasted into an auto-doc and survived but was lead to believed you purposely destroyed what he thought could've been a new powerful nation. He blames you for what happened and rambles on about bears and bulls for the remainder of the DLC.
>>
>>385486138
If they removed the radio bs it's will the best dlc for me
>>
>>385486138
i hated it because it was an arbitrary 'depower the MC to make game artificially harder for retarded reasons'

it would have worked with fo3 and 4's retarded no DT system a-guy-with-a-pipe-wrench-can-kill-a-guy-in-pa but in NV's hard cap system its stupidly fucking shit.

dead money is a ''hope you learnt how to turn .357 normal rounds into the less shit FP or you're fucked''
it's also a lot of arbitary bullshit to force scarcity etc.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.