[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /v/erdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Tyranny.jpg (63KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranny.jpg
63KB, 460x215px
What's the /v/erdict?
>>
it's shit
>>
it's shit
>>
>>385485012
クソゲー
>>
>evil won

>can't really be evil at all

>only mean / a dick / kick the puppy for no good reason because LULZ
>>
>>385485781
I don't understand your point
>>
>>385485012
I really wanted to like this game, I really did, the concept greatly appealed to me. I love playing as the Villain in games,and so few games are actually willing to put the player in a position like that. Unfortunately, even as a dialogue-heavy CRPG, Tyranny's choices don't have a great deal of effect on the game. You will always end up in the same position, with some differences. The "choices" in the game are details, nothing that actually changes the big picture. On top of this, its too short, and doesn't have a real ending. It has a cliff-hanger ending, and isn't satisfying to finish in any way. The characters are good, fleshed out and interesting to listen to, though they rarely ever develop and there's no romance. All-around disappointing in role-playing and story aspects. Sequel has potential to be good, but I'm not sure if it will deliver.
>>
Playing through it right now. Gameplay and story-wise, it's a'ight I guess. But I wish they committed more to the idea that you're the henchman of an evil sorcerer-king. They nudge you pretty hard to turn coat and having to deal with weird demi-god politics and their squabbling like actual children kind of pissed me off. I would've preferred if the story was just about me being some BBEG's top mook, purging the empire of rebellion and leading conquests without the stupid shit between the two armies.
>>
>>385486450
The armies are so ideologically opposite it becomes a little hard to believe they've stuck together for so long. It's a bigger mystery than fucking Belgium.
>>
>>385485012
Somehow even shittier than Pillars.
>>
>>385486967
It's a pretty forced situation.
>>
>>385486967
There's actually a reason for that.
Kyros, seeing as the Tiers are now the last part of known world left to be conquered, doesn't really need two, powerful Lords running around, one of which defected from the enemy side, and the other who is completely insane. If either or both of them die, more powerful Archons, like the one being sent to kill you near the end of the game, can finish the job. If the first Edict in the game had gone through, and killed everyone in the Valley, it would not have been a loss, and would have also served as an example for other Archons.
>>
>>385485012
/v/ hates it apparently but it's the only isometric RPG I was able to get into, I loved the adjudicator aspect of it
>>
>>385487712
I have a hard time getting into any because pause tactics are fucking shit
>>
>>385487784
i never used pause once during tyranny battles unless i had to take a shit
>>
>>385487863
Doesn't make the combat any better. In fact it's arguably more lifeless.
>>
>>385488013
>>385488013
wut
>>
>>385488013
Probably the most fun I had with Tyranny's combat was playing as a Mage and experimenting with Spell-making. Some of the crazy shit you can do near the end-game is fantastic, what with the mass-chain volleying exploding fireballs I unleashed on my enemies.
>>
>>385488240
Isn't that just 1 spell being spammed? Doesn't sound expermiental
>>
>>385485012
dogshit game that ended the moment the shit story picked up pace, the writing is even worse along with most characters, and edicts were a fucking let down.
>>
>>385488339
Anything with darklight and volcanic was good. Everything else was dogshit.
>>
>>385488339
You have cooldowns, so its usually 4 spells being spammed, since you have to switch between them. Its a matter of finding the right rotation that gives you the best out-come. Fireballs can be your high-damage, then you can have a disable spell for a ranged guy in the back you can't reach yet, meanwhile you have different additives to that disable spell, and you can decide whether its more important to paralyze that enemy or make them run away.
>>
>>385488240
The only class I ever played was a tough as nails monk bitch who could smash gates with her bare hands.
>>
>>385485012

>Chris Avellone's writing is the main appeal of Obsidian games
>Chris Avellone leaves the moment Obsidian has the most creative control to do whatever they want in the company's history

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>385489793
He's actually not that good and scared people will find out.
>>
>>385490076
>scared people will find out
Huh?
>>
>>385490319
If he has more creative freedom, people will expect more out of him
>>
>>385489793
He was tired of carrying the company.
>>
>>385490418
He's really just one of those guys who is good at writing fanfiction and nothing else.
>>
almost 400 hours in POE, is this better?
>>
>>385490751
No
>>
>>385490751
yes, much better
>>
>>385490769
>>385490817

for fucks sake guys, which one is it? got it on my steam wishlist.
>>
>>385491058
Maybe
>>
>>385491058
If you like the main concept of Tyranny, playing as an Adjudicator for a force of evil, get it. If not, I'd say no.
>>
>>385491205
okay, tie breaker, is the gameplay at least 6/10
>>
>>385491245
it's as good as any other isometric rpg out there
>>
File: 7865768678.jpg (14KB, 211x222px) Image search: [Google]
7865768678.jpg
14KB, 211x222px
>>385485012
Disappointing, limited, and kind of boring.
>>
>>385489793
From what I read Chris Parker is such a pain in the ass that Avellone just had to leave.
>>
>>385490751
World is better. Magic is different, replacing variation for customisability. No character classes, just skill points. Lots of wasted potential in the story and writing due to a ton of cut content.
>>
>>385491292
kay, i'll pick it up then.
>>
File: mc.jpg (238KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mc.jpg
238KB, 1600x900px
Name my gal /v/

Focus is Double Atrophy, History is Noble Scion
>>
>>385491775
Janey-E
>>
>>385491775
Elegeant Dick Rotter
>>
The problem is the writing is straight up too long. I'm not saying Jeff Vogel is the greatest game maker of all time but he hit the nail on the head with this blogpost.

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2017/05/does-your-video-game-have-too-many.html

>In comparison, one of the best-written RPGs in recent times, The Witcher 3, had about 450,000 words. For The Witcher 3, "best-written" means "One really good storyline and many, many other storylines that were basically OK." (To be fair, I think the Heart of Stone DLC was really well-written.)
>Tyranny spent 600,000 words telling the story of how you became the word's most evil middle manager, on a bold quest to try to tell apart the game's 73 factions.

Long stories aren't a bad thing, but like how a master painter has carefully justify each stroke of ink a master writer has to justify every word on the page. This is also why no video game will ever have a story as good as one in literature, because an author will spend years of his life crafting his novel, games are usually written in months.
>>
>>385492740
what a shitty post
>>
fuck rpg codex
as for the game, it's just a low budget cashgrab between poe 2 forced by paradox
5/10
>>
>>385493365
same shit as shamus young's bullshit
>>
God the Scarlet Chorus and Disfavored are such fucking retards.

"Did you just try to negotiate? We're supposed to be raping and pillaging! REEEEEEEE!"

"Did you just kill that guy while he was down? Dishonorable scum, REEEEEE!"
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.