[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: 1501186043365.jpg (52KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501186043365.jpg
52KB, 432x500px
Have you ever had a favorite videogame series ruined due to casualization?
>>
No, I never learned to play chess.
>>
>>385484120
Fire Emblem
>>
File: Dead_rising_frank_bust.png (74KB, 227x256px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_rising_frank_bust.png
74KB, 227x256px
Ruined by fucking leafs and casuals so to answer your question yes OP. I can't decide if I want to play 3 or not since I have fuck all for games om Xbone,
>>
>>385484782
Deadrising is the biggest example of a game ruing because people play casual dumb...
What I don't get is if DeadRising 4 got no bosses just to make it cheaper and rush it .
A deadrising with no psychopaths is a terrible deal
>>
File: Darlene_dead_rising_3.jpg (28KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
Darlene_dead_rising_3.jpg
28KB, 500x340px
>>385485495
Also, they maybe didn't put psychopaths so they didnt throw horrible offensive stereotypes that get backlash
>>
>>385484779
How so?
>>
>>385484120
What am I looking at? Chess + cards?
The cards tell you how and what to move? If so then the game is decided from the get-go.
>>
>>385485818
>CHESS IN SMALL STEPS: Finally, learn chess without stress! The secret? An innovative deck of action cards with moves determined by random draws.
>LET’S PLAY: Player with white pieces begins the game by drawing a card. Move the piece indicated by the card any way you want - as long as it's within that pieces abilities.

It's all the rage right now with teens and kids
>>
>>385486228
There used to be dice in chess
>>
>>385484120
People complain a lot but Civ V with all the expasions wasn't that bad and nobody even remembers VI anymore

So 50/50
>>
>>385486228
>draw gf card
>tfw no gf
>lose turn one of casual dumbed down chess game
>kms
>>
File: 1497622781762.jpg (106KB, 459x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497622781762.jpg
106KB, 459x540px
>>385484120
>World of WarCraft competitive PvP

Laugh it up. But there was a time it really could've been something. But that died very quickly and then there were just years of denial.
>>
>>385486613
I liked everything about that Franchise until Cataclysm. I think PVP was probably best in Burning Crusade. Nothing has really filled the multiplayer void since. Maybe League? But that's a shitstorm of toxic autism. CS:GO is infested with hackers. I just don't play video games anymore :(

>I'm now a casual
>>
>>385487027
>best in BC
Shamans and mages were almost non-existent at the end since pvp was unbalanced. Wrath was the first time every class was viable in pvp, even tho DKs and rogues destroyed everything.
>>
>>385487027
I have some japanese girl jibbering off in an asmr video while I scroll through /v/. Clearly I don't play video games anymore either.
>>
>>385484120
Civ. Went to shit after 4
>>
>>385486613
>vanilla WoW PVP
>Dad plays an orc hunter, gets hardcore into the PVP and battlegrounds
>slowly climbs the ladder spending hours every day in hour-long Alterac Valley battles
>Rank 10 bracket, rank 9, rank 8
>Gets the fucking Warlord title after literal months of grinding
>Works out that if he continues putting in the right amount of hours getting X kills per hour, he will make High Warlord in three weeks
>Rocky Training Montage Music Intensifies
>a literal week before he is about to get the title, Blizzard kills the ranking system
>Everyone is given the title they are at, no more ranks forever, RIP in pepperoni
>Dad was one week away from holding the High Warlord title forever and always
>instead was stuck with Warlord runner-up GG try again never title

The salt mountain he climbed after that announcement came down was taller than fucking Everest.
>>
>>385487637
Jesus christ I can only imagine the bottled fury that man had.
>>
>>385487637

Shit like this is why I don't play MMOs anymore.
>>
File: header.jpg (24KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
24KB, 460x215px
>chess 1
Plebs
>>
>>385486228
That's actually pretty interesting.
If anything it'd cause more stress though since you have no clue what piece you're going to have to move.
>>
>>385487637
>>385487774
I can imagine. I did that grind. Mind it was much earlier in the lifespan of the system, back when you needed teams and everyone was packing enough consumables to poison an elephant.

My deepest sympathies to your dad.
>>
>>385487932
>doesn't play chess where you have to roll a die to choose a piece to move
Casual
>>
>>385487774
The worst part was the whole reason it was killed was basically because A, people were still special snowflake bitches back then and the fact that titles existed that only could be given to the hardest-core most dedicated players made them REEEEEEE with the force of a thousand suns and Blizzard didn't want to make people feel excluded, and B, to get to those highest ranks people frequently grouped and needed to massively coordinate to get the required kills since there was a finite amount to be had in a time-period.

My dad managed to get to that point purely by just throwing HUNDREDS of hours at the computer to out-persevere other people since he didn't have a group/guild, and could only do it off the skin of his own back. Not only was it a slap in the face when they shut it down RIGHT before he got the title, but then being told it was because they didn't want people 'cheating' their way to get it and didn't want to offend casul players was an additional kick to the dick.
>>
>implying it wasn't ruined from the start

When the fuck is the balance patch coming out that nerfs queens?
>>
>>385487637
Jesus fuck

>>385487891
Powercreep and "well we better shorten yesterday's content for tomorrow's content" is the worst.
>have 100+ hours in vindictus
>level 40 something
>stop playing
>years later i hear you can hit 1-95 in less than a day
I guess it makes me happy that you have to "start over" with every new Monster Hunter
>>
>>385488220
Then they brought the same titles back for an entirely different system.

So another kick in the dick.
>>
>>385488168
what if chess was like advance wars where you moved your entire army at once?
>>
File: 1325551599847.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1325551599847.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
Monster Hunter

And I'm not talking about World you fags, shit started going down in 4U
>>
>>385485696
Casuals think well-designed maps are too hard because they can't just rush every unit forward and kill everything

Now 90% of battles take place on a featureless square plain
>>
File: vella inner armors.webm (3MB, 269x720px) Image search: [Google]
vella inner armors.webm
3MB, 269x720px
>>385488358
Vindi isn't what she used to be. I can't imagine playing fresh. There's no challenge till endgame and that's tens of tens of hours away. When the game first came out it wasn't like that at all. Hell you couldn't get to 30. They patched that in later. Then 40, then 50, etc. Every major boss arc had their short time as murderous endgame content.

I can't even recommend that game anymore and it still has some of these best, The Best, action RPG classes in all of video games.
>>
Chess is a crappy tactical turn based RPG developed by a bunch of monkeys.

Right away you'll notice Chess has no storyline. Instead, all you notice is the the White army and the Black army are fighting each other over a battlefield. Note the "a battlefield," because Chess only has one story map.

As for the actual combat, it's extremely dull. Each unit can kill another with only one hit. This means units with a real good movement ability dominate the field (more on that bellow). There aren't even any combat animations or anything that happens in combat. One unit moves on it's space and "captures" it, and the piece is removed from the game with no form of action or special effects.

Yawn.

Chess has shitty class balance. The Queen is flat out overpowered while your actual front line units, the Pawns. can't do shit. I think the developers were afraid that no one would use the female character so they buffed up her abilities really high but now theres no point in using any other unit.

The rest of the units suck. Rooks can only move in 4 directions, same with Bishops. Boring. Also, whats up with the Knight? It has the most bizzare combat abilities of all the units. They're retardly hard to use cause they jump around like retards to move and attack. The devs should have named this unit Ninja, since Knights didn't jump around like that in real life.

Worst part, is the king. You see, the devs decided that if your king gets captured, you instantly lose the game. W-T-F? This wouldn't be a problem, except that he can't move for crap. Seriously, the most important unit in the game can only move 1 space a turn? Good luck keeping him alive while every other unit in the game dances around him.

Unbalanced classes, lackluster gameplay, and not to mention repetitive 1 hour+ games. Chess is not worth the time or your money. Buy Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea instead.

3 out of 10.
>>
>>385488750
Start a YouTube channel. Will subscribe
>>
>>385486613
WoW pvp could never be competetive as long as gear mattered a lot more than skill. A person in T5 would always get demolished by a person in S2 in PVP because of resilience alone.
>>
File: 20161224014501_1.jpg (491KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161224014501_1.jpg
491KB, 1920x1080px
>>385488676
I was sad when I first heard this. TERA did the same thing to a smaller extent too
>leveling up is easy, super quick
>get to "endgame"
>WELCOME TO THE GRINDSTONE, DIPSHIT
Unfortunate
>>
>>385488406
>first guy goes
>uses pawn, bishop and queen to scholar mate at turn one
>repeat ad infinitum
>>
>>385488406

Do you have to move pieces or not, I feel like black would win if white were forced to move all pieces out first.
>>
>>385488393
He quit the game around 3/4ths of the way through BC after not being able to put up with Blizzard's casualized bullshit any longer, so he never really had to see it take the serious nosedive it did thank fuck.

Currently he's hooked on Black Desert of all things, since for all its shortcomings, it's a game where you are purely rewarded for the amount of time you put into it.

On the flip-side of 'casualizing' a game, I guess related to >>385487637

>Dad is also chill as fuck and allows me, the 13-14 year old son at the time, to use his characters so long as I'm not a stupid cunt with them
>It's a PVP server
>I have free access to a Warlord-tier and geared Hunter
>The brain of an immature vindictive child shoved into the body of a hardcore PVPer

>start ganking for hours every single day
>outrageously geared hunter can put down basically any character 40 or less in a single shot, anything under 45 in three shots
>Even moderately geared 50s are getting pure out-DPS'd by the insane PVP gear and damage a Hunter can put out
>Start making it a habit to camp a specific roof in Darkshire
>bullshit Hunter range can reach the Flight Master (in the days before it had bogus griffon support), the entrances to every building, and the entire town square

>period of several months were, at least twice or three times a week, Darkshire would be shut down for hours as I killed the Flight Master and anyone trying to land, enter or exit town, cash quests or live a peaceful life
>>
File: wirechess.png (663KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
wirechess.png
663KB, 700x393px
do people really have trouble learning chess?
>>
>>385489205
since you don't have to in advance wars, you don't have to in advance wars chess
>>
>>385489323
It's like putting "gluten free" on the packaging of a steak. It's not like steak ever had gluten, but if someone reads that label, they might start to worry about the alternative.
>>
>>385488912
The expressed gameplay showed alot of promise. Obviously it became a shitshow of class/gear/map/faction balance upon closer inspection. I hate MOBAs but they didn't kill off RTS, they killed off the kind of PvP gameplay you only see in MMOs. And in MMOs that gameplay is never sharpened to a quality point.
>>
>>385489218
Those days were so much fun. I remember when raids on capital cities would errupt into hundred man pvp battles and spontaneously orchestrate a server event. There was real tension between the factions and playing a lot actually felt like you were building a legacy. It's corny to think of now, but back then it felt like there was such a community of players that it made things real. I know people who married their guild members and are still together after having met that way.
>>
>>385489792
Same. I was the best man for one such union. IRL that is.
>>
>>385488587
came in thread to post this

Are skills confirmed for world? I completely dropped generations because of this
>>
>>385488587
>>385490070
both retarded
also hunter arts are not in World
>>
>>385489323
all you really need to know is what everything does, and how its the knight, not the horse, as well as the fool's mate so you know how to not fuck up instantly
>>
>>385490382
Not an argument, go fuck yourself
>>
>>385486228
RNG chess looks a nightmare actually
>>
>>385488816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RHLtx9r2LA
>>
>>385488587
desu it started with P3rd
>>
I don't really know if chess is the ultimate strategy game or not, but it's bizarre to me that its so revered for how difficult it is. Literal children play this game

I blame the midwest

never beat my grandpa though, he taught me how to play and always won and he died a few months ago, I'll never get that win
>>
>>385491114
I love checkers and chinese checkers but I never played chess much and always found it much more complicated.
>>
>>385491114

It's not revered for being difficult. It's revered for being strategically deep. Nobody is actually going around saying Chess is too difficult.
>>
>white gets to go first and has an inherent advantage

What did the devs mean by this?
>>
>>385484120
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>385491714
Casual chess.
>>
>>385486462
That's just the typical civ expansion cycle. People did it with Civ 4 as well until it received its expansions.
>>
>>385491636
it's ok because there was a rebalance patch, that whoever loses the last game gets to be white for the next one
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.