[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: wall.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Defend this
>>
>>385480506
It tells you what to do at the level select you goober.
>>
the star IS called blast away the wall
>>
>>385480506
finding obscure shit like this legitimately feels fantastic, rather than being a monkey see monkey do drone simply carrying out the obvious.
>>
you dont need all the stars to beat the game.

so dummies like you are able to still progress
>>
File: DSP WOOOOOW.png (110KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
DSP WOOOOOW.png
110KB, 640x662px
>>385480506
>Star called blast away the wall
>Directly front of the cannon and one of the only walls you can shoot directly at
Hmm I wonder how anon
>>
Wall
Noun
a continuous vertical brick or stone structure that encloses or divides an area of land.
"a garden wall"
synonyms: barrier, partition, room divider, enclosure, screen, panel, separator;
>>
I remember being in elementary school and figuring this shit out. There were a few places you could get gaming hints from on the internet, but this was back in the days of AOL keywords and dialup, so you were better off asking in a chatroom and hoping someone gave you a legitimate answer instead of asking you a/s/l.

The hint from the star select screen is enough figure it out with a little experimentation.

There are plenty of other stars that are much more bullshit to figure out than this one.
>>
I figured it out on accident before the star was available from the loading screen.

You see back when I was a kid and I could only have a few games a year, I actually enjoyed playing the ones I have instead of just trying to finish the games I buy, so it was fun to just goof around in levels, and just shooting mario out of the cannon was fun.
>>
File: how were you supposed to know.jpg (226KB, 1439x2258px) Image search: [Google]
how were you supposed to know.jpg
226KB, 1439x2258px
did anyone else compalelty skip the desert / snowman level because they didnt know they existed?
>>
you could see the star in the wall sometimes aswell as a seam
The level is called break away the wall or something similiar iirc also
>>
>>385481730
>Wall Kicks Will Work
>does nothing to mention you needing to make a tricky canon shot across a massive chasm
>you don't even need to Wall Kick to get the star at the end
>>
File: 1470256753746.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470256753746.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
What the FUCK, how were you supposed to know how to do this? It's unintuitive as fuck and blatantly obvious that they were trying to sell strategy guides.
>>
File: 1498741099383.jpg (36KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
1498741099383.jpg
36KB, 480x458px
If I found this out when I was four you certainly should be able to
>>
>>385481959
I remember chasing the bunny to the end of the hall, missing it and bonking into the wall causing it to ripple.

The snowman level had the mirror as a hint, and I'm pretty sure something mentions the room being strange.

>>385482070
>huh, there's a cannon here that points at a previously unexplored section of the level
>Going here leads to a linear path to the star

You're right that you don't need to use wall kicks to get it, but honestly that star doesn't really need a hint at all. It's out in the open in a place that you'll explore eventually through normal play.
>>
>>385482268
Well the Z-fighting on the ledge is a dead give away.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.