[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game sucks lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: lawbreakers.jpg (259KB, 1920x890px) Image search: [Google]
lawbreakers.jpg
259KB, 1920x890px
This game sucks lol
>>
funny since it's the only fps to come out that requires a decent amount of skill. Even quake went full retard
>>
>>385473283
Yeah seriously fuck Quake Champions.
>>
>>385473283
>>385473476
Quake Champions is 10 times better than this shitheap
>>
>>385473283

>shitscan rules in a game with a low gravity gimmick
>>
>>385473042
>anything by cliffyb

You asked for this.
>>
>>385473510
>implying I'm playing Lawbreakers either
>>
Agreed. It's such a clusterfuck. The UI is almost as bad as Battleborns. Say what you will about Overwatch, but at least that game has a clean UI.
>>
These gamemodes are such ass and I don't like any of the characters either. The only one I can manage with is the Vanguard and you're forced to choose between having any level of mobility or having a secondary attack. Why do they use the same resource?
>>
>>385473949
The UI is clean because the game and each character is so absurdly simplified that there's nothing to display.

>>385473983
Because shooter developers somehow regressed since 2008 and have been reducing the capacity and amount of tools a single player can carry. And in recent years they've all jumped on this "hero" meme bullshit in which any one inflexible loadout is lucky to have two weapons and two skills/tools/gimmicks, if even that.
>>
File: overwatch-review-full-cleared-07.jpg (606KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-review-full-cleared-07.jpg
606KB, 2560x1440px
>>385473949
>this is now considered a clean ui
Someone post that pic from like 10 years ago of /v/ mocking fps huds.
>>
>>385473042
how do you guys feel about these characters?
>>
>>385474241

I don't mind the hero stuff so much but I think it's frustrating that other characters can dash around freely and still use all their abilities, yet the Vanguard is the only one (aside from maybe the Assassin) who has to deal with one resource being used by two separate abilities. The right click isn't even that good which means you never get a chance to use it because you need that fuel to actually be able to move around.

Speaking of which, for all the supposed focus they put into movement in this game it's amazing that some characters cannot move around worth a damn at all.
>>
>>385474241

The simplicity of the characters has nothing to do with the UI. There are so many meters and scores and shit cluttering the screen in the Lawbreakers UI. The characters aren't any more complex than Overwatch's either
>>
File: LawBreakers-CBT1-Gfy4.jpg (360KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LawBreakers-CBT1-Gfy4.jpg
360KB, 1920x1080px
>>385474326

I mean, it's a lot better than this shit.
>>
File: 1498377280243.jpg (13KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
1498377280243.jpg
13KB, 224x219px
>>385474562
This actually looks like a parody.
>>
>Make a game where characters have abilities and being able to identify each character at a glance is important
>Have everyone look bland as fuck making them all look exactly the same from a distance

That's what kills the game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>385474704
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9n7mgJLY
>>
Lawbreakers is like the pinnacle example of how important looks and art design truly are in a shooter.

Lawbreaker isn't a shitty game, but the UI and art design are so boring at best, unpleasant at worst that I don't really want to try it for more than like an hour.
>>
>>385473283
yeah quake went full retard by becoming a hero shooter. Let's play this other hero shooter instead!
>>
>>385474326
>that:
>Not a clean, understandable UI
You have your health with the character icon beside it. You have your ult meter. You have objective progress and match time remaining on top of the screen. You have small warnings of connectivity or hardware slowdown in the top left if you're having either of those. You have your abilities and your ammo in your lower right. If you're being healed by Mercy specifically, you're given a bar informing you of her general condition.

This is all useful information and it's not so big that it blocks the spaces you really need a clear line of sight.
>>
>DB has the cleanest UI
>nobody plays it
>>
>>385473283
>funny since it's the only fps to come out that requires a decent amount of skill. Even quake went full retard
>>385473476
>Yeah seriously fuck Quake Champions.

You are just shit at the game and are getting trashed every match, don't even make excuses.
>>
File: Whoa.png (154KB, 288x297px) Image search: [Google]
Whoa.png
154KB, 288x297px
>>385476229
>Rockstar making jokes about the state of triple-a gaming
>>
>>385474562
Someone pointed it out to me and now I can't ignore all the fucking pop ups that modern shooters do just for a little bit of instant gratification. It feels really patronising playing battlefied and such when I capture an objective and a big +100 points jumps up on screen, or I get this banner and fanfare "GOOD JOB ON GETTING MORE THAN 1 KILL!"

As much as I liked the Halo voiceover for medals, I think the industry might have taken it too far.
Double Kill, Triple kill
>>
>>385473476
agreed
>>
Balance is completely out of whack. Wraith and the akimbo dude are way better than all the other classes right now and juggernaut is just dead weight
>>
>>385473042
its mechanically incredible but the aesthetic is so fucking cliffy b its actually painful to experience
like this game would be a smash hit if it took itself seriously in any facet outside of the actual core mechanical gameplay, but the fucking tryhard quirky "badass" bullshit actively drives away new players like a plague

biggest gripes right now are obviously the shitty viewmodel-reliant hud elements and the fuckhuge weapon models/super fucking busy animations theyre using to try and give it "personality"
and theres a few standout balance issues but theres enough skill variability that anything but an aimbotting gunslinger is manageable
>>
>>385477532
yeah rockstar is going to have to deprecate GTA itself a lot more in 6 whenever it comes about

V was fun and refreshing after how dull GTA IV's satirical realism was, but it kept feeling like they were satirizing shit they were guilty of but without any self deprecation?
>>
So Cliffi shat the bed?
>>
Titan is the only fun character and what a fun character it is
too bad about the rest of the game
>>
File: 1500524234317.jpg (98KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1500524234317.jpg
98KB, 500x336px
Reminder that their excuse for not having a Switch port was that it supposedly didn't have enough buttons but it somehow worked just fine on PS4.
>>
>>385473476
REEEEEEEEEE
QC is such a great game buried under interface retardation
>>
>>385478535
Haha, oh friend
there is so much more wrong with QC than the interface
>>
>>385478627
That is true but the biggest problem for me is having to wait 5mins to get into a deathmatch with the same people.

Even with its flaws it's still the only good multiplayer shooter which is actually fast. Nu-Doom feels slow as fuck compared to Nu-Quake
>>
I liked it on my PS4
it definitively needs some fixing and polishment though,specially on the UI
>>
>>385479328
>That is true but the biggest problem for me is having to wait 5mins to get into a deathmatch with the same people.
This, Jesus fuck these servers.
And some shill shithead tried to tell me that anyone having trouble with the connections was just a casual with a toaster and that this game was only for hardcore gamers only. I shit you not.
>>
File: Titanfall.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>385474326
>everything is easy to read, non-intrusive
Yeah, that's a good UI anon.

This is what bad FPS UI looks like.
>>
>>385477624
Halo 1-3 felt good because you got the medals when you did something cool, but CoD4 pretty much rewarded you for sneezing and even Halo followed CoD's lead from Reach onward m
>>
>>385477874
>nerf wraith into the ground
>still OP

Lmao I installed this last night to see if they did improve the game but if it's the same shit as last month's beta I don't think I'm going to bother
>>
>>385477624
A good olde UT "MONSTER KILL" or such is totally fine with me. But HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN is totally what you describe and it's fucking killing FPSes for me.

I'm having fun with Overwatch because I feel that they focus on the objective more, that and Splatoon 2 too.
>>
>>385479951
Yeah I've come up with a theory that you have a hidden ELO or something. And quake being quake it's going to get pushed high and low very quickly and when you are searching it takes 5 mins to set the range high enough to get everyone back in again. Or I could be completely wrong
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.