[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subnautica thread: Next update NEVER EVER -edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: subnauta.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
subnauta.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
Subnautica thread: Next update NEVER EVER -edition
>>
File: kuumotus.jpg (29KB, 560x292px) Image search: [Google]
kuumotus.jpg
29KB, 560x292px
>>385464020
https://soundcloud.com/kamakazi/digital-warper
>>
>>385464020
>tfw even if they update there is no more content, just general bug fixing and optimization
Fucking hell, there are so many sections of the map that have nothing there and the only reason to build is to have storage. It's stupid how they have nuclear and geo power but there is nothing to actually spend your power on besides making ten million pounds of salt.
>>
>>385464237
Their Trello page indicates that they have finished and are doing tons of new content for the next update.
>>
>>385464020
ABYSSAL ZONE
W
H
E
N
>>
I keep seeing these threads being made, but I have no clue what the game is about it. Is it just exploration or is there more to it? Is it online only?
>>
>>385464237
>Bug fixing
The game needs it. The game got worse with each new content update.
>>
>>385464020
what's this about?
>>
>>385465391
It's early access, open world, survive. But the gimmick is that it's set under water. Single player only. There's a shitty storyline about ancient super advanced aliens.
>>
>>385465391
Single player only
exploration and crafting and survival with story progression
>>
>>385464353
>new content
You mean their dlc :^)
>>
>>385465465
Comfy exploration and base building mixed in with spoopy moments.
>>
>>385464020

how is this game in VR? worth buying a rift for?
>>
>>385465465

Scaring the living shit out of you.
>>
File: doit.jpg (34KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
doit.jpg
34KB, 672x372px
is the game actually spooky yet?
water actually murky with low sight distance?
not having everything lit the fuck up?
>>
>>385465549
nothing is worth buying a rift for
>>
>>385465465
>>385464020
No, I mean the 'never ever' thing. Is there something going wrong with development?
>>
>>385465736
>low sight distance
It's been that way because of awful LOD.
>>
File: thats a huge bitch.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thats a huge bitch.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>385465391

Basically you were on a massive ship called the Aurora and mysteriously crash land on an ocean world. You being the only survivor have to gather resources and craft tools and materials to survive. The game is very open ended but kind of gently nudges you along a story that explains why the Aurora crashed. It's also very spoopy.
>>
>>385465813
Nah, it just feels like it's taking forever. However they do state in the description that update frequency is 4-8 weeks so technically it's on time.
>>
Why does this game run like shit. I am way over the req specs but it chugs like a ps2 games at times.
>>
>>385465736
Not really; I have made the suggestion for them to darken the underground sections of the world like the Lost River and the Inactive Lava Zone as the natural light would be more than enough to compensate for it.
But there is a guy making a mod for that on the developer's website.
>>
>>385464121
what the fuck?
>>
>>385466149
Because it still uses the voxel terrain system from before terrain modification was cut from the game.

Supposedly they're going to bake the terrain into a static mesh before release, but they haven't really said anything about that in a long while, so who knows. It's a big task, but it would improve the performance tremendously.
>>
>>385466247
next update
>>
>>385466315
You serious? They still haven't taken out the pointless fucking terraforming?
>>
>>385466504
Terraforming is gona but the voxels are still there or some shit. It's the last thing they're doing.

Performance is better than a year ago, also. A year ago there were horrid memory leaks that would cause a save older than 8 hours to drop to like 4 fps. The game is stuttery and choppy but leaps better than a year ago in performance.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.