[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Why is this game not popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
What went wrong?
Why is this game not popular?
>>
>>385463087
I have this game from PS+, is it any good?
>>
>>385463087

Super repetitive and allows for easy griefing
>>
>>385463087
I played this game before at someone else's house. Co-op was really fun, so I picked up a copy myself.

I invite some friends over to play the game over and guess what? That stupid piece of shit game forces you to play a tutorial alone. We immediately dropped the game, and I uninstalled it straight away. Never going to touch it again, desu.
>>
>>385463135
It's really challenging and they intentionally maked it easy to kill your teammates. It can be really fun but not if your teammates are killing each other.

From the makers of Magika.
>>
>>385463396
>That stupid piece of shit game forces you to play a tutorial alone.
You and your friends are incompetent reatrds then, because you can play every level in co-op.
>>
>>385463626
Not the tutorial though. It didn't allow others to join in. Forced tutorial are cancer.
>>
>>385463778

It takes all of 5 fucking minutes you ADD-riddled retard
>>
>>385463898
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Old games just let you play together. Pop in the game, select game mode, start! This shit is unacceptable.
>>
>>385463778
I feel ya breh. One time I was at a sports game and I stepped behind a column and couldn't see the field for a sec so I just left. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>385463778
We literally played it 2 hours ago, at the character select screen you can immediately join in.
>>
File: smugami.png (18KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
smugami.png
18KB, 96x96px
Reminder not to let female helldivers go on bug missions, they always end up as mindbroken incubators for the bugs
>>
>>385464230
The very first time you start the game, there is a forced tutorial straight away before you can do anything else that you have to do alone. That's completely unacceptable.
>>
>>385463087
It doesn't really have that strong of a personality.

Kinda wish it went more extreme on the Starship Troopers aspect, and had better music
>>
>>385463087
Played this a couple of days ago with 3 of my friends.
Its really fun for the most part but when you're playing higher level missions and you fail to take out scouts in time it turns into a huge cluster fuck.
>>
Top down shooters are horribly outdated and no one likes them. Hence why there hasnt been a successful one in over a decade
>>
It's really only fun to play against bugs on the max difficulty bug world. The water terrain is really great in the early game and adds a lot of tension, as well as making the mech feel like a totally rad upgrade, but as I said the higher difficulty planets except for the bugs demand high mobility and a very competent team, the lack of which can lead to a very frustrating experience.
>>
>>385464552
It's a shame too, I love this shit, games like helldivers or pretty much anything by housemarque even though they're much less tactical, it's all an instant buy for me
>>
>forces all 4 people to always be on the screen at once in an online co-op game
>>
>>385463087
Super repetitive and too much important content is behind DLC or the level system. Can't even fight your favorite enemy if their campaign is over.

Good luck fighting snow missions without the all-terrain boots. Better hope you always have a vehicle or jump pack.
>>
>>385464914
>Game encourages team work and squad play
>>
>>385465069
the game would be much, much, much better at those two things if it wasn't forcing all 4 people to share a single tiny screen
literqally the only reason they didn't do that was because they were trying to recreate the magika gimmick of "lol you accidentally nuked your friend, isn't it funneh XD"
>>
>>385465342
The game is mad difficult on high levels even with all 4 squad mates working together.
Splitting up would mean instant death.
AND it would ruin the fun.
>>
>>385465342
But THAT is the fun part.
You wouldn't be able to get shit done if everyone had their own screen and just fucks off to different corners of the map.
>>
>>385465342
This to be honest. Everyone always pulls the teamwork argument but I'm not even disagreeing with that. The annoying apart is when you're playing helldiver difficulty and this fucking tank spawns one millimetre next to you but it's still off screen because the fucking camera needs to focus between all four players and you get insta alerted because that's what the tanks do.
>>
>>385463087
its very fun intitally but its literally the most reptetive game ive have ever played
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.