[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GameCube Free Fun Forever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170728_160740669.jpg (838KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_160740669.jpg
838KB, 1440x2560px
I've been selling most of my old games because I don't really a lot of have time to play any more, plus I kinda need cash.
But I won't sell this one, because it has sentimental value to me. Plus it's great for casual gaming. Got this one out of my old house yesterday, got me a new memory card today, and it works great.
The thing is, I don't really feel like chip-modding it but I want to play free games in it (I know emulation of the GC is easy, but my PC is for work only and it's a bit old)
Could I get one of those memory cards with an SD port in 'em, plus an Action Replay DVD? Would that be enough to make it run ROMs? I seriously don't know, but I'm sure there are ways to run games from an SD card.

A little help?
>>
I would reccomend that you just get a wii and mod that for your gamecube games. If your gamecube is sentimental to you the last thing you want is to wear it down im sure. I dont think the game cube had any software hacks either.
>>
>>385455578
I just looked into it a bit and while there are ways to boot homebrew they are all a hassle to get going and maintain.
>>
hacked wii
can play n64, snes, nes, gamecube and of course wii isos.

if you hack it correctly, you can even play all that shit from an external HDD.
>>
>>385455832
I don't really feel like buying a Wii. I considered it, since they're cheap, but I'm not really into buying more consoles, at least for now. I moved to a small place recently, plus I like how organised everything can be around the GC: it's a cube, the games can be stored right next to it, and frankly it looks nice. Plus, as I said, I love this one particularly.
You're right about me not wanting to wear it down, of course.
>>385456074
>there are ways to boot homebrew
That's good!
>they are all a hassle to get going and maintain
Well, shucks...
Elaborate?
>>
>>385456291
>I moved to a small place recently, plus I like how organised everything can be around the GC: it's a cube, the games can be stored right next to it
nvm you're a fucking faggot
>>
File: cd7.png (519KB, 700x855px) Image search: [Google]
cd7.png
519KB, 700x855px
>>385456570
It's also a super cute console. Look at it, all purple and nice, with the Gameboy Player making it even more of a cube. It's a totally adorable little thing.
Yes, I am a bit of a faggot. What's wrong about that?
>>
File: 1446315786078.png (363KB, 2458x2562px) Image search: [Google]
1446315786078.png
363KB, 2458x2562px
>>385456910
>>
File: nintendogamecube_logo7.jpg (50KB, 634x635px) Image search: [Google]
nintendogamecube_logo7.jpg
50KB, 634x635px
Also, forgot to mention I have another reason to keep this GC: I have a ton of games and accessories for it: a couple of WaveBirds, lots of regular controllers, the Gameboy Player, plenty of GB, GBC and GBA games, I even have those dorky microphones for lame-ass karaoke. I could sell the games and accessories I won't use any more, but even if I get rid of half my peripherals I still end up with a pretty cool collection.
>>
>>385455578
I don't see why you cant just shove you gaming shit in a box in a closet and pull it out when needed. A softmodded Wii is your best option. The cube is small so it's easy to store and most of those preiphs work in the Wii excluding the GB player.
>>
>>385459024
I see the reasoning behind getting a modded Wii, but I really feel feelings for muy GC.
I bought it with my sister, and we used to play together. She's no longer with us.
Dunno, I just feel like I have to keep the GC around and working. I'd love for my kids to appreciate it.
>>
>>385460060
Well, I'm sorry about your sister. She's in a good place man.

As for the games, this might work. https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamecube/comments/40u3d6/sd_media_launchersd_gecko_and_homebrew_set_up/
>>
File: gameboy-advance-link-cable.jpg (332KB, 1500x888px) Image search: [Google]
gameboy-advance-link-cable.jpg
332KB, 1500x888px
As others have stated, get a softmodded BC Wii and slap on Nintendont so you can load Gamecube games from the SD card or USB, though former is preferred. You may need to change some settings so stuff like pic related will work. You could just leave your Gamecube on display for sentimental reasons and just use the Wii, which doesn't take up much space.
>>
>>385456074
>they are all a hassle to get going and maintain.
Not so much. Pretty much each modern exploit can be setup from a modded wii and a memory card manager. If you're feeling fancy, you can rig up a SD reader to run homebrew from the SD card.

http://ngc.scorpei.com/GUIDE-SD_adapter.html
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.