[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game should I play first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170728_124830.jpg (6KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_124830.jpg
6KB, 100x100px
Which Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game should I play first?
>>
>>385452765
Start with the first and go from there
>>
persona 4 and nocturne
continue series based on the game that you think is better (persona 3 and 5 if you liked persona 4 more, strange journey and smtiv if you liked nocturne more)
>>
File: Lunch with Fuuka.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lunch with Fuuka.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Persona 3 FEs is the best way to start
You can emulate it with PCSX2 no problem
>>
File: smtstarterguide-1.png (2MB, 1600x3150px) Image search: [Google]
smtstarterguide-1.png
2MB, 1600x3150px
>>385452765
This guide is old as fuck now, and I dunno if there's an update floating around anywhere, but it still applies.
>>
>>385453225
I have a copy of P3FES for PS2 but I haven't touched it in two years.
>>
File: Morning Fuuka.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Morning Fuuka.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>385453839
Well you can go with that, I usually reccomend PCSX2 because you can speed it up and undub it, but the choice is yours.
>>
>>385452765
Devil Survivor
>>
>>385453514
>>385452765
Oh shit, just realized this didn't even have SMT IV on it, which is also a pretty decent place to start, if you have a 3DS. It starts pretty damn hard but gets easier after Naraku. It has the best fusion system out of all the games bar IV:Apocalypse (pseudo-sequel), and the battles are fast as fuck so the pacing gameplay-wise is great. The world is also fantastic (though you will 100% get lost at some point), and the ost is 10/10.

When it comes to SMT/Persona it depends if you want gampeplay (SMT) or story (Persona), not to say SMT have worse stories just they don't have cut-scenes every 20 minutes. Devil Survivor has a pretty nice mix of the two.
>>
>>385453039
Best advice right here, OP
>>
SMT4 has most in common with all the other games, and is an accessible and great title

Persona 5 is more streamlined and exposition heavy title tailored for newcomers.

Devil Survivor if you don't are about story but just want the best gameplay (though it does not have dungeons).

You can't really go wrong with any of them but these would be my picks.
>>
>>385452765
Persona 3 fes or strange journey
>>
>>385452765
P3 FES

Persona is entry level SMT, and also has waifus

play P3 now so that it doesn't feel like shit to go back to after playing 4 and 5
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.