[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is gaming so expensive now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Why is gaming so expensive now?
>>
>now
You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>385446368
but its not?
Games were more expensive in the past with good reasons too. Mario 64 sold for $69.99 when it first came out in 1996. That would be $110 in today's money. It's even worse if you look at the price of older consoles when they were released.
>>
>>385446581
Retarded spurglord here.
>>
>>385446368
>now
/v/ really is full of children.
>>
>>385446581
>i don't know how to use question marks, the post
>>
>>385446581
I remember multiple n64 games being $100-110 on release here in Canada. Shit was whack. Always third party games too. Rayman 64 looked cool but I wasn't going to pay $110 for it.

Not to mention NES games were $40-60, and that was late 80s - early 90s.
>>
>>385446532
>>385447296
>Underage
I was born in 1999.
>>
>>385447746
Haha fucking epic dude I played Halo when I was five years old too.
>>
>>385447746
You could still be underage and whether or not you are, you weren't there when it used to be way more expensive for way shittier games.
>>
>>385447746
Your like what then? 18? lol
>>
>>385446368
You most likely grew up with 6th generation systems, which was the cheapest gaming generation.

But gaming was more of a luxury back then, than it is now.
>>
>>385446368
Its actually cheaper than ever as long as you stay away from the newest triple-A releases and get things on sale.
>>
>>385447746
Then you've had enough time to look at what prices were for video games from the 70s to today and know that you're wrong.
>>
Gaming is the cheapest it has been in forever.

Build yourself a mid range gaming PC and bookmark Humble Bundle, Green Man Gaming, and Steam. Check periodically for sales.

Congrats you now have 500 games that cost you less than 100 USD.

If you need to play the hottest AAA games on release day for 60+ USD a pop then you deserve to be poor
>>
File: atari.png (68KB, 302x453px) Image search: [Google]
atari.png
68KB, 302x453px
>>385446368
Fuck off, kid.
>>
>>385447746
Oh cool so ur a 90s kid like me!! Radical!! lol
>>
>>385447592
Ah, those were the days.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/31/business/europe-fines-nintendo-147-million-for-price-fixing.html
>>
>>385446368
The thing about gaming is that it's as expensive as you make it, especially PC gaming (with all the different spec options and shit). Not every game or system has to be bought, and most games have additional content that you choose to pay for (or not).
>>
File: gta2-001.jpg (92KB, 900x574px) Image search: [Google]
gta2-001.jpg
92KB, 900x574px
>>385446368
>tfw still remember paying all of my lunch money in internet cafe to get (cheaper) internet-less computer with gta2 for an hour
>tfw had commodore 64 when everyone already had NES, some rich fuckers even PSX
good old times. i still have my c64 and psx

although i still fail to understand how PC vidya managed to get more expensive
>games were $30 in my country before steam truly kicked in
>still remembered this ridiculous pricing: vidya in a nice box, with all of the shipping and storing, was 50% cheaper than steam versions stored online
>for some reason, box versions got more expensive instead of steam versions getting cheaper to be competitive
market has failed us
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.