[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a game about teams and squares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: sblogo.png (13KB, 497x288px) Image search: [Google]
sblogo.png
13KB, 497x288px
Try it out now http://squarebattle.com
>>
It's pretty bad mate
>>
It's not that good. I get what you tried to do, but the movement is unstable. Try getting ideas from the old habbo mini game that was basically this.
>>
>>385434417
What the fuck were you thinking when you decided to make it nearly impossible to read the rules?
>>
There is nowhere near enough distinction between the color shades to be useful in the context of their mechanic
>>
>>385435231
>What the fuck were you thinking when you decided to make it nearly impossible to read the rules?
They stop if you put your mouse over them.
>>
>>385435393
>There is nowhere near enough distinction between the color shades to be useful in the context of their mechanic
Editing the tileset right now
>>
>>385436523
good dev
>>
>>385436667
Thank you.

Just updated tile contrast.
>>
>>385435231
>mfw I don't even know where the rules are
Gonna echo other anons as well, movement mechanics feel kinda weird. The powerups are kinda hard to make out against a lot of the colours and the symbols aren't intuitive. My main problem really is that it doesn't feel like a game, perhaps add some way of interacting between players?
>>
>>385437660
Going to work on it right now.
What king of interaction are you thinking about? Would a chatroom be enough?
>>
>>385437918
Chatroom would be good, but I was thinking more akin to the Crash Bash minigame where players could fuck each other over with missiles and other items. It also had "paint row/column" power ups similar to this game, but they rotated so players had to time when they pressed on them. Also how did you develop this game? What language is it in, and how hard is developing an .io game?
>>
>>385438195
Great idea... I'm going to think about some new mechanics.

It's not that hard. You just need to have some knowledge of frontend web dev and a programming language. I develop using the basic frontend stuff(HTML,JS,CSS) and the server is written in java using java-websockets. The clientside also uses Phaser.io
>>
>>385434826
It's actually inspired by it with a .io gameplay format.
>>
>>385434627
y? :(
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.