[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TF2 Casual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 22

File: 01.png (291KB, 567x354px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
291KB, 567x354px
Why does this broken piece of shit game mode still exist?
>>
File: tf253675468.gif (1MB, 534x408px) Image search: [Google]
tf253675468.gif
1MB, 534x408px
>>385431378
>Ranks make no sense

>Game queue time jacked up 45 second- 5 minutes to find someone based on rank AND map

>Can have over 3000 hours in the game, and be low rank and placed with people with 4 hours because of this system

>Gives priority in map rotation to popular maps, so you will ALWAYS end up on 2fort, Hightower, or Swiftwater

>Made it near-impossible to play some maps like Hydro, Nucleus, or Junction

>REMOVED beta maps like Cactus Canyon and Asteroid

Fuck this system, the browser was superior in every way.
>>
This mode would be just fine if they gave you the option to switch teams, had a better anti-cheat system in place, and let you choose more maps.
What's really broken is Competitive. There's a 75% chance a hacker will be in your game and when that happens you aren't able to kick him.
>>
>>385432293
What is the point of PAYING to play comp and just playing a constricted version of the game with randoms and no real tangible reward?
>>
>>385432113
>Can have over 3000 hours in the game, and be low rank and placed with people with 4 hours because of this system
Why is this bad? I have over 2k hours and I haven't played in over 5 years. I'll get shit on by people who have been playing daily.
>>
File: igor-bogdanov.jpg (83KB, 1140x499px) Image search: [Google]
igor-bogdanov.jpg
83KB, 1140x499px
>>385433041
>Reddit spacing

Where did this true scotsmen meme over the fucking format of a post come from? I've been seeing it more lately.

Been here since 08 frogposter. What's wrong with spacing to make things more legible and digestible?
>>
>>385433379
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
>>385433041
Fucking kill yourself

>>385433379
Its the Summerfags fad when trying hard to fit in this year
>>
>>385433334
You overestimate the average pubbie
>>
>>385431378
Valve doesn't like to admit they fucked up and go back. So we're pretty much stuck with it forever now.
>>
>>385433379
>What's wrong with spacing to make things more legible and digestible?
it makes your posts harder to read you fucking adhd idiot
>>
>>385433334
It's not hard to pick the game back up. And with the ranking system you have grid to be able to player with better player, despite having a lot of time under your belt.

I quit tf2 from MyM until they fixed a lot of problems in February, but by then people were already hundreds of tanks ahead of me, despite that not really affecting my ability to play, so now I'm stuck with people who can play for shit rather than having a mixed bag like before.

It's one thing you have 1 retard on your team, but it's another when your whole team barely know the basics.

And it a snorefest to pubstomp people who can't even rocket jump.
>>
>>385433062
It's not so much a paywall as it is an anti cheat measure. They probably wouldn't charge anything if their competitive mode and anti cheat system were from the modern era.
This is different from CSGO however, because TF2 is free. In my opinion, VAC bans should be hardware bans.
The reason why they even have a competitive mode is because literal children would cry if their random crits and randomized shotgun spreads were removed from casual. I'm all for competitive parity though. Random crit enthusiasts are the worst.
>>
>>385431378
Meat your Match update had me stop playing tf2, I enjoyed idea of separate mode for tryhards as I dont always want to play seriously, sometimes I just want to fuck about as fat scout, but since they made it so casual play is just like comp play but without ranks and 2x teams, I lost interest, tf2 was perfect game to just drop in and out, and now you cant even do that out of menu.
I will check out that next pyro/jungle update, hopefully they will fix that mode in it
>>
>>385433562
Um... no it doesn't, sweetie.
>>
>>385433715
Teams have always been full of noobs. Players are just dropping off on account of Valve blue balling us with the pyro update so people who know their shit are getting sick of Valve's shit. There just less good players around right now, so more noobs proportionally.
If you want to not have as bad a problem with it bite the bullet and play on one of the like three community servers left running normal non 2fort/hightower maps. They're usually better.
>>
because kiddies still buy crates for unusual guns and hats. that's the ONLY reason valve hasn't pulled the plug on the public servers
>>
File: 1493937579352.png (120KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493937579352.png
120KB, 512x512px
>>385433562
If the string of text has more than a line in it, seems like it would be easier to read when spaced from the subsequent point, rather than just having a brick of text.

>>385433957
Yeah but because of the shitty PAID comp with a god awful map rotation, the casual mode, the majority of how people play TF2, got butchered. You can't even dual a friend anymore because someone else has to leave the game and autobalance doesn't allow teamswitching. AND THEY FUCKING GOT RID OF SPECTATOR MODE.
>>
File: you_are_now_defending.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you_are_now_defending.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385431378
Literally all it needs is team scramble on map switch, then its just fine.

Reminder that autobalance was cancer and the only people who want it back are bottom fraggers who never got balanced from it.
>>
>>385434216
>If the string of text has more than a line in it,

>seems like it would be easier to read when spaced from the subsequent point

>rather than just having a brick of text.

oh sorry

you're right reddit spacing is the future

>Yeah but because of the shitty PAID comp

>with a god awful map rotation

your opinion

are shit
>>
>>385431378

I don't mind it too much, it's pretty easy to get into a quick game, it's also incredibly easy to dominate in as a vaccinator combo. I suppose my only gripe, albeit a minor one, is that my soldier friend gets a lot more rank than I do even though I get a similar amount of assists to his kills.
>>
>>385433379
>been here since 08
bold-faced fucking lie. any fucking idiot should know not to claim they were here since whenever because they can't prove it. You're a fucking newfag and you and your retarded formatting can fuck off.
>le boggpost xd
confirmed underage
>>
Would you guys play an unranked 6v6 mode? Or maybe even an 8v8?
>>
>>385434216
Its actually much easier to read things when not double-spaced you fucking phillistine. Thats why books and other typed media are always single-spaced.
>>
File: 1493301842852.jpg (83KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493301842852.jpg
83KB, 600x450px
>>385431378
there are still people who play this game that aren't third-worlders?
>>
>>385434321
Can we include cutting all the stupid wait times? Why not just have a vote while you respawn so it can smoothly transition into the next map without having to wait forever. Also remove the finding players time period and that shitty "Get fucken ready kids" screen that wastes like 10 seconds of time just to show the logo and annoy you.

They really pumped up the wait times, as if setup wasn't bad enough.
>>
File: reddit spacing.png (59KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
reddit spacing.png
59KB, 640x419px
>>385433041
>>
>>385431378
why did they remove quickplay? Literally nobody was complaining about it and they add this overcomplicated bullshit.
>queue up for matches
>friends cant join mid match (serious fucking horseshit here)
>unnecessarily long start up periods
>unnecessarily long ending periods
>have to relobby if the idiots playing pick a shitty map
>takes fucking forever to find a game
as opposed to...
>click quickplay
>click gamemode
>join a game
fucking valve man, i swear.
>>
>>385434704
This. sourcemod did everything that mym does, except better
>>
>>385434451
Embarrassing post desu

Don't worry though, the thread will 404 and everyone will forget about it.
>>
>>385434608

It's a fun game to kill time in, also played it so much throughout the years that everything is muscle memory. The best part about it for me is being able to completely carry matches as a vaccinator soldier pair and laughing at people that get so easily butthurt in the game, I don't see nearly as much butthurt in other games as I do in TF2.
>>
>>385434738
The worst thing is I remember quickplay really got improved with map selections and shit, then valve just scrapped it for the mym garbage
>>
>>385434738
Reddit basically. They cried out for 'organized' play and Valve tried but Valve doesn't know these things.
>>
>>385434738
They wanted to suddenly compete with OW for some reason and failed miserably
>>
>>385434956
To be fair pocketed soldiers are very annoying. If you admit its easy mode I can laugh with you but 90% of the time they act like they're the best shit for it.
Sort of like a rich kid jerking himself off in school while saying his life is harder than the other kids.
>>
File: x_dr-kevin-nash-o.gif (966KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
x_dr-kevin-nash-o.gif
966KB, 320x240px
>>385434451
Ya got me, I guess I'll never be a true scotsman. I'm sorry I angered you Mr. Hiro. I'll be sure to close my browser now.

You're a credit to the entire 4chanium community for standing up for the rights of 4channers and pointing out the non-chaninites. You'll probably be rewarded with dubs from every post and Moot will come back and give you desu sticker himself for proving that non-channers aren't welcome here based on their text.

I'm assured that every person passing through this thread is thankful for your contribution of taking up the mantle of redditor inquisitor, and that /v/ will finally return to being a board of proper video game discourse in the wake of your actions. They may even have to remove /vg/ as it isn't necessary anymore.

Thank you again, Anonymous. You were the hero /v/ needed.
>>
>>385431378
I only play payload, so
Works for me :^) I do wish parties stayed together after disconnecting from a server though
>>
>>385435285

Medic + soldier is just our most frequent combo because they're our best classes, but we do mix things up by going other combos such as demo, engi, sniper, etc. We're not the best players by any means, we don't play very seriously, just play for the objective or play 2fort and have fun killing everyone. I'd say though that we're definitely better than most of the people that play the game these days, it never ceases to amaze me how bad some people that play TF2 are, it's not uncommon for the soldier to end up with 3-4x the amount of points as the next player.
>>
>>385431378

Because they want to pander to people that play fucking TF2 "competitively". I use the quotes because competitive in this game means using Scout, Soldier Demo or Medic and that's it. It's the most boring shit ever but for some reason the three people still working on TF2 listened to the tryhard cunts and gave in to their demands, now everything is ruined for everyone else unless you find a good community server.

This game was never meant to be esports but they sure like to pretend it was.
>>
File: det h.jpg (40KB, 540x335px) Image search: [Google]
det h.jpg
40KB, 540x335px
>mfw they lied about skill based match making being in casual mode
>>
File: 1477923056480.gif (559KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477923056480.gif
559KB, 500x375px
>>385435728
Again, soldier usually ends up with more because he's sort of made to be ridiculously strong and it gets magnified with a medic.
Thats why I hate the ego stroking ones, its like they don't know they're playing the literal noob class of the game. New players generally can't fight that since soldier wasn't made to be fought against by anything other than another soldier, so the slightly better or pocketed one of the two usually wins.
>>
File: haah.png (417KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
haah.png
417KB, 600x524px
>WAAAAAAH, WHY IS THE SECOND BEST OFFENSE CLASS SO GOOD AT OFFENSE!!!!! VALVE PLS NERF SO I CAN PLAY PYRO IN COMPETITIVE!!!!!!!
>>
>>385436071

I agree that just about any class with a medic with them, especially in the case of heavy, can make them much more stronger, but against even slightly more experienced players or large numbers of players it takes more than just brute force to excel. I'm not attempting to brag as I don't deny that the majority of the playerbase of TF2 these days is bad, but even so it can take a lot of effort to go up against a stacked team when you're team is terrible and still win, I've had a few matches like that recently and even against shitty players when they're rolling with heavy classes and semi-organization it can be tough to deal with.
>>
>>385436309
I'm assuming soldier: Pyro would be better if maps weren't biased against him with giant open football fields and no ceilings so soldiers and demos can jump away or a creative scout can jump up to a higher ledge out of reach.
Its not the classes, its the maps.
>>385436681
There is no pain like dealing with a team of 6+ soldiers when your team thinks that maybe a 5th spy will help. God knows I go heavy or medic and I try, but soldiers en mass are just broken.
>>
File: lmao zoom.jpg (25KB, 602x599px) Image search: [Google]
lmao zoom.jpg
25KB, 602x599px
>>385436071
>soldier is broken and has no counters!!!
>t. phlog pyro main
>>
>>385436890

Not really just soldiers, it's just a pain when your team is all light classes like scout, spy, sniper, and they're rolling with demo, heavy, soldier, engineers with decent turrets, and medics backing them up.
>>
>>385436974
>Direct hit
>Any significant amount of lag
>Shotguns
>Jumping away at the speed of sound
>Bombing when the pyro is busy with someone else
Yeah soldier has no ways of dealing with airblast I guess.
>>
>>385437101
>he thinks pyro counters soldier
>>
I'm using this as pasta when people complain about "reddit spacing" now.

good work, anon.
>>
>>385437352
Thats what >>385436974 was implying.
>>
File: joke.png (10KB, 499x316px) Image search: [Google]
joke.png
10KB, 499x316px
>>385437548
that wasn't what was being implied at all
>>
>>385431378
yeah, casual mode kinda sucks.

I came back after not playing the game for around 3 years and most matches are as follows.

>One team steamrolls the other
>The majority of the steamrolled team disconnects, so does some of the winning team.
>next match starts and it is the exactly same team members so the rest disconnects as well.

Rence and repeat.

The best matches i had in a while were in a community server i found recently where they at least rotate the maps a little, there are maps there i never fucking played and it was fun as fuck.

i'm also excited for the proposed changes, Dead ringer and embassador can fuck off.
>>
>>385431378
never played this gamemode again, finding a match took more than 30 min, then i had a 70% chance to encounter people that are either hacking or the most skilled bastards i've played against on a casul matchmaking
>>
>>385431378
Why do any of the fucking modes exist. Go back to just a fucking server list, and let the turbo-autist comp players retreat back into their containment dimension.
>>
>>385438078
I want to. But the community servers are dead. Theres only shitty mods, 2fort/hightower, and bad joke maps. Not even good joke maps like Booster's tower or pacman.
>>
>>385436890
Map design isnt the issue with pyro. Its because
>his primary is out-dps'd by most others in the game
>his flame hitboxes range are dependant on lag compensation, making his range unpredictable and inconsistent
>his range is all around bad
>the flame hitboxes dont match with the particles shown at all, its a bunch of hitboxes that shoot out of the pyros face
>he doesnt fill a role any other class cant do better
>his lack of mobility has him struggling to keep up with most other classes
Expect a big overhaul with this upcoming update.
>>
>>385438292
Well his mobility is decent since he can get an upped movement speed, but if he had it with a flamethrower he'd be even more annoying to fight with W+M1 being stronger.
His range would be fine if maps were still made to have tight closed in areas where pyros flourish. Like on Dustbowl those tunnels or all of Junction, a pyro is very effective there. He's not perfect, but the maps working against him by being made more for soldier/demos to jump around in makes him a lot weaker on them as the more popular choices. Hell giving him a range thats double what it should normally be (Visible effect) and making so when you're burning you take more self damage would really buff the pyro up. The big spaces become less a problem and soldiers can't run away.
>>
>>385435762
>I use the quotes because competitive in this game means using Scout, Soldier Demo or Medic and that's it
You know absolutely nothing about 6s.
>>
>>385432113

>cactus and asteroid are STILL in beta years later

tell me this is a joke
>>
File: 1350086507887.jpg (5KB, 166x160px) Image search: [Google]
1350086507887.jpg
5KB, 166x160px
>>385431378
>tfw arena is my favorite game mode
>tfw not a single arena server in existence
>>
>>385438971
You can't be surprised. Valve doesn't need to make maps anymore, the community does it for them so of course they're not going to finish what they had. Its cheaper to steal the work of the community.
>>
>>385439037
RIP Arena, 5gorge, ctf_well/sawmill, and more. Volvo forgot you. Especially you halloween versions of maps that actually changed the maps or were their own maps. And loads more. Basically Valve cut out a lot of maps.
>>
>>385431378
>have to choose between 12vs12 casual clusterfuck with 90% f2p players, 6v6 boredom with hackers, or shit community servers (24/7, vsh, crits, ..)
all I ever wanted was highlander.
or good community servers with stock map rotation.
>>
File: 1500683416317.gif (2MB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1500683416317.gif
2MB, 400x299px
>>385431378
>gods year of 2017
>STILL playing TF2
>>
>>385433041
>Reddit frog calling other people reddit.
LMAO!
>>
>>385438971
They aren't, they are flatout deleted from the game. There are only 3 servers that run them now on community servers. Outside of that, no valve servers.
>>
>>385438798
He needs two different unlocks to even keep up with mobility. He's still heavily outclassed by the other offensive classes in that regard. Having select parts of the map where Pyro is actually useable isnt very useful. You cant push forward when one of your players is dipping around on the back lines because thats the only place he can safely be. Having a whole map for making a single class useful is no fun for anyone not playing that class, nor is it practical moving forward. Most other classes still out dps him at close range anyways. Having the ability to neuter other peoples abilities so easily is no fun. Its the reason why people hate airblast as it is.
>>
>>385438971
They gave a hint recently that those maps might not be gone forever, but at the pace valve works, dont hold your breath. One map was in development for eight years, simply because the guy making it got bored halfway through and finally finished it up years later.
>>
when was the last major update
>>
>>385435828
if you care so much about skill why not play competitive then?
>>
>>385434704
wait times are faster than overwatch kek
>>
i genuinely enjoy turbine because it's one of the only maps i can play engie and just chill and have fun in a semi-deathmatch style round
>>
>>385432113

>He likes Cactus Canyon

Why? It was a shit map
>>
File: taunt.png (35KB, 143x151px) Image search: [Google]
taunt.png
35KB, 143x151px
>>385436071
>playing soldier in pub
>wear retarded looking hats like always
>juggle scout main wearing 4 unusuals
>he calls me bad
>switch to scout, dominate him wearing pic related
>taunt
>he leaves
>>
File: f4a.jpg (170KB, 903x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f4a.jpg
170KB, 903x1200px
>people still complain about "le shoot at feet man"
>they still havent figured out that you can surf off of enemies explosives to safety
Its good to know that new people are still installing every day.
>>
>>385433957
>Random crit enthusiasts are the worst.
"Fair and balanced" bind spammer detected
>>
>>385439417
>by some freak miracle I found a community server with ctf_well
>it was one of the most enjoyable matches in years

Fucking shit, I would play ctf if they add well back into the list

>>385439037
I know is not the same but the only arena servers arround are randomizer which is fun for a while to relax a bit
>>
>>385442778
*rocketjumps*
*pops you into the air and whips out the reserve shooter the instant you're about to grab the nearest health pack*
GOTCHA, HERR DOKTOR
*flies away to have sex with the statue of liberty*

Your move.
>>
>>385443674
>pyro reflects his rocket
>somehow it goes straight to the ground and kills him
>>
File: 1499298409607.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499298409607.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
hypothetical question:
would you be interested in a fortess forever-style mod for tf2?
>>
>>385431378
TF2 doesn't get the love it deserves from their dev team. Other companies came into the market because they saw weakness in the king.
>>
>>385445063
too bad they're just as inept
>>
File: b b b but choke points!.jpg (44KB, 418x288px) Image search: [Google]
b b b but choke points!.jpg
44KB, 418x288px
>>
>>385439676
>reddit frog
Jesus fucking christ!
>>
>>385446337
TF2 BTFO
>>
>>385446337
wtf I hate TF2 now
>>
>>385442146
Not the fuckpoint
There are several maps STILL missing
>>
>Start dominating level 150 Demo in Casual
>"Dude you are a shit soldier all you do is shoot at people's feet lmao get some skill"
>Respond with "I'm alive and you are dead lol"
>He leaves
It's the little things
>>
>>385434738
Reddit
Not even joking
>>
>>385438912
Hes not wrong you 6s nigger
Fucking die, your kind ruined this game
>>
>>385436890
>There is no pain like dealing with a team of 6+ soldiers when your team thinks that maybe a 5th spy will help
DOn't even fucking tell me about it.

>Enemy team has 3 soldiers and 3 demoman.
>Pick heavy to sustain some damage.
>ask for one of the 4 snipers or 3 spies in my team to change to something else.
>the other spies changes to snipers.

Not sure if they did that for shits and gigles but the match went was expected.

I also wish we had scramble after every match.
>>
File: 1369034966312.jpg (32KB, 624x448px) Image search: [Google]
1369034966312.jpg
32KB, 624x448px
>kill friendlyfaggots
>they call you a f2p tryhard
>yfw you've been playing since orange box
>continue killing them
>>
>>385433957
Do you honestly think anyone would notice if Valve removed random shotgun spread right now in a silent patch?
>>
>>385447904
I probably would but that's 'cause I'm obsessive about that type of thing and am aware the shotguns become considerably more effective once weapon spread is disabled (i.e. watch any typical 6s play and notice how far away Scouts will still attack with their scatterguns because they know they'll still do good damage instead of being fucked over by random spread like normal). pablo.hernandez.2003 has zero chance of noticing though.
>>
>>385434216
It makes it easier to read on a phone, that's it.
>>
>>385448078
Why is it always spics who use their real name in online games?
>>
>>385433476
Saved
>>
>>385446337
>viewers
what is this
>>
>>385447208
>Not responding with a soldier domination line
Come on now
>>
>>385449037
Twitch
>>
>>385438078
No, fuck off. The server browser was fucking trash. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that clunky shit anymore.
>>
>>385438292
The pyro is a fragile heavy with the range of a demoknight. The airblast is his only useful tool and it's highly situational and takes a lot of skill to utilize properly.
>>
>>385449728
browser was confusing to beginners but effective if you knew how to use it
>>
>call a furry wearing 20 unusuals shit
>spergs out, goes rage heavy, gets 3 medics, turns on blatant aimbot and crit boost
>still kick his ass
PURGE WHEN
>>
>>385450594
how common are cheaters in TF2 nowadays. Especially on VAC protected servers?

I just found it really fucking weird a guy killing all the time as a spy and knowing exactly where i was even though i was cloaked all the time. I am a horrible spy and haven't played the game in years but i found that shit to be really odd.
>>
>>385449728
never got involved with a community server? hopping on a server and seeing all the regulars will be dead forever because of fucks like you
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.