[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you been burned by a Kickstarter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Have you been burned by a Kickstarter?
>>
>Kickstarting a god damn fucking remake
You deserve everything that you get
>>
oh no, that the remake? I love System Shock, but this remake always looked bad. Did not look like SS at all.
>>
Nope.
I'm perfectly happy to let everyone else gamble their money away on people with grand ideas and no experience, and grabbing it on release if it turns out to be good.
>>
>>385429969
And I'll grab it two years later from the $1 tier of a Humble Bundle :^)
>>
i dont donate to kickstarter so i dont get burned
>>
Yes, MN9 and Armikrog
>>
There is this one I backed a while back called Scale which was a puzzle game portal style where you solve puzzles by scaling them. Like making the chest so big you can just jump through the keyhole, or taking a frog and super sizing it so you can jump in its mouth and get the star by climbing out it's arsehole.

I was pretty excited for it but nothing big seems to happen. The dev still updates but its just ... bleeeeh
>>
Sealark.
It was a low ambition fishing game with sprSealant. Teams of 5 guys made these in three months on shit like the NES and Gameboy back in the day. You'd have to be a retard to bungle making a minigame with some harassed pixel art.

And then the dev started trying to add a million systems and ended up nowhere.
>>
>>385429185
So far I wasn't disappointed in projects I backed and I don't share a negative attitude /v/ holds towards crowdfunding.

I only have doubts about Shenmue, but that's about it.
>>
>>385429185
No. I don't buy fruit before it's grown so why would I do that?
>>
>>385431434
I'm glad I only found out about that game after it had crashed and burned. It looked nice, but getting excited for something that never comes out is a terrible feeling.
>>
>>385429185
I'll never get why people do it like this.
A remaster is more important than a remake, but if you chose that route you should be aiming for a remaster' s objectives first and foremost; futureproofing the graphics as best you can, excellent performance, and efficiency in how it runs. If you're going to fuck with how it plays you should include the original version alongside it.

Seriously, it's not hard.
>>
>back an indie kickstarter yeasr ago
>they say that they weren't happy with how things were going and offer everyone a refund
>years pass
>out of nowhere they release the game
>>
>>385432406
The dev is the worst kind of wishy washy flake. He started spending his time working on 3D models when the game was just basic pixel art, doing turnarounds for no reason, making fucking CLASS SYSTEMS AND DIVERGENT EVOLUTION for NPCs. Fucker never made a single bit of gameplay.

All anyone wanted was a simple fishing minigame with some cute art, ambient sound, and a few villagers to talk to. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>385433151
>3D models when the game was just basic pixel art, doing turnarounds for no reason
Was cute though.
>>
>>385434359
Cute doesn't finish games.
>>
>>385429185
Not really. The closest thing I've gotten to getting "burned" was Yatagarasu. It felt a little on the barebones side for the $15 it was asking for. But ultimately, the game did come out and by and large accomplished what it set out for (aside from the 3DS port).
>>
>>385429185
No because I'm not a fucking retard without impulse control.
>>
File: kickstarter.jpg (23KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
kickstarter.jpg
23KB, 443x332px
>kickstarter
>in the current year
>>
>>385432610
How is it?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.