[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assassin's Creed 1 is under appreciated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: Templemountmain1.png (1MB, 1785x965px) Image search: [Google]
Templemountmain1.png
1MB, 1785x965px
Assassin's Creed 1 is under appreciated.
>>
Why?
>>
>>385427220
Because most of /v/ was still in diapers then.
>>
File: 1490816711150.png (187KB, 758x631px) Image search: [Google]
1490816711150.png
187KB, 758x631px
>>385426835
I liked it. Although I only played 1, 2, and Bloodlines then called it quits on the series.
>>
>>385426835
It was mediocre, ass creed 2 brotherhood was best
>>
I loved AC2, but could never get into the subsequent games
>>
It was so comfy and peaceful in Jerusalem and then we have Acre...
>>
>go to area
>listen in/pickpocket/follow
>repeat

Fucking genius.
>>
>>385427679
Until you meet those templars.
>>
>>385427807
Those hidden ones scattered in Jerusalem?
>>
>>385426835
it didn't age very well, the controls are pretty clunky, and it kinda lacks content
it's still a good game, and way better than a lot of "main" games in the series
>>
>>385426835
>perform these same 3 tasks to then assassinate the boss
>move to new city
>perform same 3 tasks to unlock boss assassination mission
>>
those fucking terrible cutscenes/dialogue sections were really quite dull.

ass creed 1 was a tech demo. it's a shit game.
>>
>it's the "give the player all the tools at the start then arbitrarily leave them with 1 or 2 for the next 5 hours of the game" meme
>the shit tier audio quality
>uninspired colours
>world was boring and forgettable
>every city looked the same
>characters were trash

i will never understand why the modern day segments of ass creed exist nor will i ever understand why people enjoy it.
>>
File: 1500513281526.png (195KB, 368x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500513281526.png
195KB, 368x375px
Damn I played it again recently and realized after all these years the assassins are supposed to be mudslimes. I thought they were christians light or something fuck.
>>
>>385427949
at least it had what you could call bosses

the rest of the series had none of that cool shit and suffered for it
>>
>>385426835
I agree.

It was the only game in the series that actually made you feel like an assassin.

I urge everyone to play through this game with the mini-map disabled. It feels so much better when you use landmarks to navigate the map rather than relying on waypoints and it feels as though the game was meant to be played that way, since the guys at the bureau often give you specific directions. You should turn it on for flag challenges though, since they're designed around the mini-map.
>>
not really. 2 was much better in every way.
>>
File: assassins-creed-altair-2560x1600.jpg (562KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
assassins-creed-altair-2560x1600.jpg
562KB, 2560x1600px
Great game. Too bad most people don't care about where series started
>>
>>385429416
>It was the only game in the series that actually made you feel like an assassin.
no it made you feel like a robot going through the same functions.

>i urge everyone to gimp the game for themselves and suddenly it becomes really hard :^)

why don't i just try and play it one handed if i want a real challenge? this is such a shitty defence of shit games.
>>
>>385428428
Aw. Did it hurt your feelings, faggot?
>>
>>385426835
Loved it, it was very impressive and fresh for its time. Then second came out and it was just more of the same shit and nothing impressive anymore, it got boring. And protag was unlikable. Never understood people who think AC2 was better.
>>
>>385429467
2 was historical GTA. It was totally uninspired.

AC1 was never designed to be a conventional open world game. The open world existed so you could scout out locations beforehand so you could make plans for future missions. It was a social stealth game first and foremost and AC2 forgot that.
>>
File: 1496832543962.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1496832543962.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
>>385429796
yes, f-fuck m-muslims!
>>
>>385429701
>a robot going through the same functions
It's almost as if an assassin's job is to kill people and nothing more.

>shitty defence
It does make the game more fun, so I'd say it's a valid defence.
>>
It's the second hardest Asscreed after Unity. Well, these are the only hard games in the series.

Except Unity was hard because it has some of the worst controls in the series, and guards spam gunfire off-camera like there's no tomorrow.
>>
File: bad.png (1MB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
1MB, 919x720px
it was a great game.
remember when the name Ubisoft meant something?
>>
AC1 still has the best climbing.
>>
>>385429878
>Never understood people who think AC2 was better.
Because AC2 wasn't the same 5ish objectives over and over.
>>
>>385429878
>Protag was unlikeable
>More of the same shit
AC2 and AC1 really aren't anything alike outside of the combat. The mission structure in AC2 is quite literally nothing like it is in AC1. And I don't know how anyone can call Ezio unlikeable while calling AC1 great. Altair had the personality of a block of wood. He basically wasn't even a character.
>>
>>385429878
Because it improved on practically every aspect of the first one and removed the shitty ones.
>And protag was unlikable
I will fuck you. Ezio was literally the only reason I stuck with the series for so long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVHx23ByhM
>>
I like how you had to actually travel to to the place before you could fast travel to it.
>>
It's a bad game. The actual templar assassinations are fun but it's brought down by so much shit.

Going to 3 cities three times each and doing the same fucking thing every time is not fun. Nor is it good game design.
>>
>>385426835
only AC games I beat were 1 and Black Flag

got bored of 2 and everything else looked trash
>>
I crosspost on reddit and I can confirm the first Assassin's Creed was dogshit.

The best game in the series was Assassin's Creed II. Vid related.

https://youtu.be/WBfs14p0COY
>>
>>385431032
>he wasn't even a character

Altair was an arrogant asshole who slowly evolved into a humble stoic sage. It's the same kind of redemption arc Ezio underwent.

With Altair however, I feel that arc carries more weight since there are actually moral and philosophical dilemmas he has to deal with, whereas all Ezio has to do is kill the "bad guys".
>>
>>385431032
>Altair had the personality of a block of wood. He basically wasn't even a character.
That's how assassins should be. Ezio is how a caricature of an assassin should be.
>>
>>385432006
>Developers should purposely make shit characters
What did he mean by this?
>>
>retard pushes you
>guards try to kill you cause???
>>
>>385428428
The Assassins are not "supposed" to be Muslims. They were Muslims. Congratulations on your historical illiteracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins
>>
>>385429939
but it wasn't. 1 was shallow, linear, segmented and short. it wasn't fun. 2 was a great game and unless I'm forgetting something it was the last time ubi did open world right.
>>
>>385432109
>developers should make goofy characters that crack jokes and have a funny accent to portray cold hearted assassins
Get that reddit taste out of here
>>
>>385428428
They were more or less /ourmuzzs/ and more or less explicitly allied with crusaders against sunni scum.
>>
>>385427707

It is pretty repetitive, but you only have to do a small number of them, compared to how many are available.

You don't even have to climb towers, really, but then you'll have to find those recon missions without a map.

Does anyone speedrun Assassin's Creed? I think it would be interesting to watch.
>>
>>385432360
>assuming their religion
baka bigots get out desu
>>
>>385432360
This is fucking interesting, I thought they were fictitious. Thanks for showing anon.
>>
>>385432549
I think the world record time is just under 4 hours, I think.

Not many people run AC1 though.
>>
>>385432549
>find the mission yourself
Idk why but I was pretty autistic when I played games back in my early teenage years. I played through the game about 3 times without going to the vantage points. At least as far as I remember, anyways.
>>
>>385432415
2 was exactly the same as every Ubisoft open world ever made. Climb towers, do copy pasted side missions, get game breaking weapons very early and so on.
>>
>>385426835
>doing the same four missions over and over
>>
THIEF! I WILL HAVE YOUR HAND!
>>
>>385433356
It's actually not that bad without a mini-map.

You forget how repetitive they are if you spend some time trying to find them on your own.

Putting waypoints in AC1 was a mistake.
>>
>>385426835
It's good just repetitive.

Brotherhood>2>Revelations>4>1>Syndicate>>>
Rogue>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Unity
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.