[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this was a pleasant surprise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 18

I was putting this game off for a big while, thinking it just wouldn't be the same like Harvest Moon, but this game actually plays quite well and has a somewhat big world we can walk on. I'm not sure if I'll be involved in it for the marriage schtick, but the very core, which takes a lot from Harvest Moon, is done well, even if it takes a bit getting used to. I missed this for quite a while. And getting a quite literal forest to tame was quite amusing. The graphics was putting me off as well for some reason, but on motion, it looks great.

I guess this is a Stardew Valley thread. And I'm no shill, just a enthusiast for the gameplay in general, comfy farming always gets to me even though I only began with it with Friends of Mineral Town and later played the older titles. The Harvest Moon name scandal is quite of a mess for me to take and it's hard to realize Story of Seasons is the actual deal while Harvest Moon is only Harvest Moon by its name now. Any quick helpful tips for someone who just started? I might miss something in the mean time.

Might as well share your Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley experiences here.

>Story of Collapses here because I mindlessly thought there was no energy bar until I noticed it much later

Given you only lose a wee bit of money, no big loss. Shame you literally have to crawl back ever so slowly, but it gives a bit of realism.
>>
Emily best girl
>>
Blew my expectations away.

My favorite part is just how many weird things are going in on top of all the pretty standard Farm Sim stuff. There are so many little mysteries in the game.
>>
>>385425160

Yeah, it surprised me as well. Going into the mines, thinking "Oh, so this is just going to be just like FoMT's mines?" and then this guy comes here and "Oh yah, there's monsters lurking around these parts, don't cut yourself with this sword here". Feel like I barely scratched the surface.
>>
>>385424458
I remember blowing weeks away playing Harvest Moon on my PS1 but now I just couldn't get into Stardew Valley at all. Send help.
>>
It's a fun game. Haven't touched it in a year and been meaning to start it up again.
>>
>>385425160
I've been wondering about things like the weird shrine in the back of the shop, is the shopkeepers family part of a cult or does the game just take place in a fantasy world where things like that are normal and you just don't notice right away because the alternative universe elements are subtle?
>>
>>385424458
I love this game, played about 80 hours on my first playthrough last year and started recently again for 100% the game and checking some mods.
There are some simple UI mods that are useful especially when you just started, or you can easily change character portraits and dialogue if you like. Flowers near the bee hives lets them produce better honey btw
>>
Pam's tits
>>
>>385426036
Try heading there on a sunday morning. You'll see that the old folks and some of the people there do some worship. Other days, the women show up in the hall there to do exercises, even ol' Marnie. There's lots of little events that happen every week if you look around on different days.
>>
>>385426036
Harvest Moon games have always been "reality but with small supernatural bits" so I assume Stardew carries that over. I mean, fuck, you meet a goddamn wizard and weird nature spirit things.

Haven't put enough time into this game though. Also need to look up portrait mods since the baseline game ones are too crappy for the most part. Makes everyone look bland and boring.
>>
>>385426036
the game is set in a somewhat fantasy world, with a little bit of magic and weird forest elfs and such
>>
File: shrug.jpg (103KB, 384x313px)
shrug.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
Okay.
>>
>>385424458
yeh came outta nowhere enjoyed it for a bit
>>
>>385425782
>send help

The girls're shit, you don't need help.

IMO if you like Harvest Moon for its farming mechanics you're going to love Stardew.

If you like Harvest Moons sense of comfort and map design you aren't going to like Stardew Valley.
>>
>>385426298
the workout is every tuesday btw, on these days the ranch and carpenters shop are also closed
>>
>>385424458
I couldn't get over the really bad graphics and clunky UI. I kept misclicking on stuff. it was obviously designed for contards
>>
Are there mods that change up the maps, like making the town and fields look different?
Or at least just some interesting looking custom farms?

Also something that changes combat up because the basegame combat gets really boring really fast.
>>
>>385424458
needs more updates and a fuckable Jodi
>>
I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I played it, I enjoyed it; but I feel I could have enjoyed it more and played it longer with only a few alterations.

Should have had (probably optional as I know my opinion in the genre isn't common) a far harsher difficulty, like Recettear level exposition where you get your legs broke if your turnip shekels don't pay off the mob.

There just isn't too much to the progression. Not enough stuff to do cosmetically and not that much point to expanding your money making capability past a certain point.

As you said in the OP I really liked how the farm being overgrown was handled and would've liked to clean up more stuff. Maybe put the community centre in its own zone and you can clear and decorate the exterior and watch the npcs interact with what you set up for one or two of the seasonal events or something?

Apart from that I feel that overall it's a victim of its own success. The developer clearly never needs to work another day in his life and clearly is avoiding doing so. Had the release been a bit more tame we may have seen an attempt to improve and add to the game more and more quickly following launch.

It's also hilarious as to how long it's taking them to make multiplayer, considering he did have a functional alpha a ways back, and it obviously wouldn't put him or chucklefuck in general back very much by throwing more developers at it until it's done.

But yeah everything was a bit too easy and done with. It's strongest when you're planting a variety of stuff for the bundles, actively upgrading your tools and having less of the day to do a secondary activity rather than everything being under a sprinkler.

Jodi should be marriageable by the way.
>>
its quite fun for a while but the movement speed is too slow, the item menus are worse than in other games that have similar systems, and when you get to processing like kegs etc. it just makes you feel like youre playing factorio without conveyor belts and inserters
>>
>>385426654
there are lots of custom farms and mods that change the environment and maps, dont know about combat though
>>
>>385424715
Fpbp

As much as I enjoy this game, there is one issue I can't get passed. Its so obviously geared towards a laid back approach that there's no point in making use of all your farm. You can get game breaking amounts of money very easily, which is fine if you just want to amble around but frustrating if you want some form of progression. With nothing to spend out on, by the end of year two there was no reason for me to plant in year three bar the few bits of produce needed for the community center. Frustratingly this is when the game streamlined the farming with a greenhouse and better sprinklers, but without the need to use them they felt like padding. This could be solved with more things requiring large amounts of cash, or an incentive to growing crops other than financial gain and the small amount needed for the community center. Even just a vault to dump it in so I can see the cash in game, rather than as a number, would be an improvement.

The only way I enjoy playing it currently is restarting after a year or so.
>>
>>385426737
>>385426806
Jodi is married you guys. Happily. At best all you can be is a homewrecker. The distance obviously turns her on.
>>
>>385424715
sorry that's Clint's lover, you aren't allowed to steal her
>>
>>385426618
I think that's more your problem. Don't remember having an issue with the UI at all when I played.

>>385426806
>Should have had (probably optional as I know my opinion in the genre isn't common) a far harsher difficulty, like Recettear level exposition where you get your legs broke if your turnip shekels don't pay off the mob.
Your right, that's not a popular opinion. The games are mostly supposed to be relaxing, but with an end goal. Even the older games tended to ignore what you did until the 3 year limit, and it was hard not to hit it.

I mostly just want better characters (these ones feel too subdued and "realistic") and better combat. Basically I want Rune Factory 5 on PC with stardew's farming mechanics.
>>
>>385427023
Yeah I just want it as sort of a new game+ challenge mode. I find it to be more comfy when I have to treasure what little I do have. It also extends the beginning feeling.
>>
>>385426918
Married? Yes
Happy? debatable
she's always talking about how unhappy she is as a mother and how she married her husband on a whim because he had to go to war
>>
>>385427139
you could check out the longevity mod, it adds a monthly tax on income and utilities, adds a ton more crops and makes the energy system a lot harder, you'll certainly have a hard time starting and also have to be careful not to go into debt in the later game
>>
>>385424458
>pass out white pregnant
>choose the name screen bugs out
>no baby

That was a bug that made sense, tbqh, shouldn't have been mining all night long while ready to bust
>>
>>385428120
poor fetus, who was the not father?
>>
File: 1193-0-1495867504.png (24KB, 1128x1137px)
1193-0-1495867504.png
24KB, 1128x1137px
>female Alex is best Alex
>>
is sam the best husbando?
I had to marry him for his experimental noise band.
>>
>>385428725
>not choosing honky-tonk country music
I dont think the farming life is for you
>>
>>385428360
Shane
>>
>>385427010
Go home Clint, I pay you to work on my tools not shitposting on the internet
>>
This thread somehow feels like a shill thread.

Asking again, anyone has any links to chink/gook/nip fansites with mods?
>>
>>385427010
Shane is a depressed alcoholic and has a much better chance with her than you Clint, now go and make me a better hoe

also everytime you ask me to bring you ore to inspect it I just give you the same clump over and over without you noticing
>>
>>385429114
patrician choice
>>
I wish someone would have told me that the stable would look nice next to my house, or I wouldn't have planted all my fruit trees there.

Haley best girl by the way.
>>
File: 614-0-1476656268.png (3MB, 1300x1700px) Image search: [Google]
614-0-1476656268.png
3MB, 1300x1700px
this one is my favorite portrait mod, Sandy is such a babe in this one and her 10 heart dialogue is damn sexy too, best girl by far
>>
after 200+ game hours I still havent built a single stable, should I do it?
>>
>>385430546
Animals are cute, pigs being the most useful of the bunch.
>>
File: healthyboy.jpg (243KB, 1280x720px)
healthyboy.jpg
243KB, 1280x720px
>>385428725
Sam is best boy
>>
>>385424458
Came with absolutely zero expectations and aside "animal product bundle" bullshit requirements, I had lots of fun with playing this game. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit bigger and more complex, but it was comfy and I literally was playing it for comfy and nothing else. I have no prior experience with Harvest Moon, thou, so I might be not the best judge here.

Also, fishing minigame, once some getting-used-to passes, is pretty fun
>>
>>385430546
You need them - sadly - for the animal bundle in the community centre. Other than that, I find no point bothering, aside maybe having a bunch of chicken around just for the sake of it.

Honestly, the game is great if you play it for comfy factor, but if played "serious", it gets tedious instead
>>
>>385430741
>Catgirl Sam
Friend ask for source due to... science!
>>
>>385430360
>That ganguro face
Kek'd
>>
File: 1461858874976.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px)
1461858874976.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>supposed to be a comfy, easygoing game
>actually fairly stressful if you want to play it well
There's so much shit you have to remember all the time, because if you miss something, you have to wait up to two years for it to be available again (cooking recipes are a disaster). I filled that community center up once, then always picked the Joja option in new playthroughs. Making money is much more straightforward and way faster.

This game is about as "comfortable" as any game where you hang out on the title screen. If you want to make progress, you have to do it right. I like the game, but never understood how this was supposed to be one of its selling points.
>>
>>385430984
agreed, there is no need to rush anything in this game, comfy is the way to play
I like to keep some chicken and cows just so I can get some easy cheap cooking going
>>
>>385431123
http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/474/?
tell your friend he is welcome
>>
>>385430546
i think goat cheese has the highest profit per time spent if you put it in casks
>>
>>385431246
Thing is - you don't have to to play it "well". You can't lose. You can't exactly die, too. There is no game over, so you can literally just tend a tiny garden and throw presents at NPCs.

People who turn their cellar into maximum efficiency production of starfruit wine are off their meds. The fuck for they even need those millions upon millions?

If you want to make progress, you can literally fuck around for decades in-game, never having bigger farmland than what OP has in his pic.
>>
>>385431246
I had luck with the recipes, I missed 4 or 5 in the first year but every wednesday there is a re-run of the old shows, so you have a chance to get the recipes you missed before
>>
I wanna marry Marnie!
>>
stardew valley made me really happy
i loved everything about the game except fishing
might have to go back someday and see what the farm is doing
penny best girl
>>
>>385426806
>multiplayer
For what purpose?

Literally, why? The game doesn't need it, doesn't warrant it, and wouldn't benefit mechanically at all from its inclusion? Shoehorning this into everything is casual cancer. I'm sure you're the type that keeps going 'gibe multiplayer NOW!!!1' whenever Subnautica has a patch or news post.
>>
File: 1317-0-1499485791.png (853KB, 1825x1523px)
1317-0-1499485791.png
853KB, 1825x1523px
>>385426654
>Are there mods that change up the maps, like making the town and fields look different?
>Or at least just some interesting looking custom farms?

Yes there are custom maps
>>
>>385431465
I watched some videos today of people turning their farms into gem production factories with beehives and crystalariums strewn all around the town and stupid shit like that and I really don't see the appeal in this.
>>
>>385431246
Besides reruns, I feel like Gus should sell you the recipes you missed.
>>
>>385431745
As far as I'm concerned, the multiplayer/co-op mode would literally break the game. Because one person would in early game farm, the other chop wood and the third went to mine.
Or all 4 would to to mine, conquering it in 3 days.

Also, It took me almost entire first year to figure out you can use a fucking elevator in the mine. When I entered the mine for the first time in 2nd week, it just diplayed the blurb of being out of order, so then I was always stuck at first 20 levels.
Congrats me, I guess.
>>
>>385431862
Also using softer colors mod
>>
>>385431745
You are unreasonably upset.

I expect multiplayer because the developer was explicitly working on it and has continued to promise it.

Whichever way it gets added(one shared farm or instanced serveral farms), I happen to like the game and I have a friend who likes the game. It's comfy to divide the day's tasks and to compare farms.

Multiplayer in Subnautica would make far less sense especially considering that it kills the atmosphere, which is the main thing it has going for it.
>>
>>385426419
They made sex mods for this thing?
>>
Loved the first year. I got bored as fuck the second year. there's just not enough to keep you going to the end.
>>
>>385426036
If you talk to Pierre, he explains. When he purchased his store, there was an existing shrine put there by the previous owners. He just allows the weird local folks to pray to their blasphemous God in peace.

>>385425782
>Send help

For in-depth information
http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley_Wiki

For profits and planning of funds
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RfSAzX_1faWUWPZtcjA4pIE-SdyvZGx706qz7DKZlpE/edit#gid=0
>>
>>385431914
Which is my entire point. While I do understand why someone would like to put a worm machine or two in the right spots, the idea of building 10 large barns and turn them into wine factory is just retarded. Why would you do that?

The only of such things I can understand is planting trees in the greenhouse, so you can have fresh fruits all year round rather than rationing and putting there a beehive for semi-aesthetic factor. But that's it.
>>
>>385432059
Maybe one day. I don't think animations can be hooked in like that. The best people have managed(that I am aware of) are retextures to nude and shit.

That image(and others like it) are from near the game's launch and are all simply manufactured images made outside the game from screenshots.
>>
>>385431961
Lots of people miss obvious stuff like this even when they put dozens of hours into the game, I didn't know there was the secret woods with infinite hardwood, I thought you had to farm the mines to find enough hardwood for your house upgrade
>>
>>385432102
Chill. it's just a church. no need to get your fedora in a twist.
>>
>>385431914
>>385431465
When I played it, my goal was primarily to get Grandpa's approval before the end of the second year. That meant pretty much maxing everything you could. And boy, it was a close one too.

And boy, I'll tell you something, the game plays with your expectations alot. For example, i think the girl I liked the least was that rich city snob Haley, but after a while she grew on me. And then you know the rest.
>>
>>385432059
Well, there was a romance mod for the resident loli until the author got bullied out of making it by the community.

>>385432091
Did you use the wiki? It took me until Fall, Year 2 to complete the community center because I planned really poorly.

>>385432304
Happened to me too. I saw that log at the beginning and promptly forgot about it until I was wondering where to find forest exclusive items for my bundles.
>>
>>385431961
>>385432304
I didn't know there was a shortcut through the north to the mine/hot springs until after I had already fixed the mine carts.

I also didn't know you could grow trees in the greenhouse for infinite fruit of all kinds.

Glad to know I'm not the only idiot.
>>
>>385431745
MP would only "work" as something to achieve, instead of just people playing together for the fun of it, if Ape made the game harder. Then it'd be interesting.
>>
>>385431862
>>385431980
Could you please provide some mods, especially used for the second screen? Because the only mod I've been using is the "10 minutes last 14 seconds instead of 7" one.
>>
>>385431914
>I watched some videos today of people turning their farms into gem production factories with beehives and crystalariums strewn all around the town and stupid shit like that and I really don't see the appeal in this
Pure greed. At that point, they should just use a hex editor to make themselves wealthy.
>>
File: 1500961981910.gif (1MB, 478x360px)
1500961981910.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>>385432528
>bullied out
For fuck's sake, every goddamn time.
Why can't I ever enjoy that kind of thing without people whining so much?
Just don't fucking download it.
>>
>>385424458
Poor game. Got grabbed up by Yucklefish and the multiplayer scrapped to feed profits.
Now all that matters to them is using someones hard work to make bank. Goodluck ever seeing what was supposed to set this apart from just dling a harvest moon rom.
>>
File: 1317-4-1499502658.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1317-4-1499502658.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385432556
>Could you please provide some mods

Im using all recommended mods from this list

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1317/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fstardewvalley%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D1317%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Which is also where you can get this map from, just scroll down a little
>>
>>385432528
I didn't know there is a wiki, but not surprised, almost every game has one now. But basically I was working on the community center since Summer of year 1 and of course because of that, I didn't complete it until midway through year 2. I dunno. My farm just felt "complete" after a while. I had found you could purchase automatic sprinklers guaranteed on certain days, so my farm kinda took care of itself, allowing me to do other stuff, such as mine, fish, and go to the desert
>>
>To upgrade tools, you have to hand in the previous tool

Thats dumb, it means I pretty much have to wait untill winter to upgrade my watering can.
>>
>>385432556
Check nexus
>>
>>385432528
I am not that uptight. Direct me to the place where this is being distributed.
>>
>>385431914
It feels more like a drive to get the most out of something. I don't feel comfortable doing something in a way when I know I can get better results doing it differently.
>>
>>385432829
I always just upgraded it at the end of the season, when everything was going to die anyway.
>>
>>385432528
>Fall, Year 2
I didn't get HALF of the bundles done until year 3 due to absolute zero knowledge and I knew using wikia would make the game much less fun, since I would know too much of stuff rather than learning it from experience.

For the most part - it was the right choice. The only thing I've cheated via wikia was eventually checking out what Jodie likes, since she was having neutral/hateful reaction toward almost anything.
>>
I haven't even touched animals yet and I just started year 2. They just seem like a hassle.
>>
>>385431914
Autism.
You can find grids for the optimal money making for every single aspect of the game, to the point where it's "Here's how to place 5,000 casks and make the most money ever!" or "Here's the absolute best grid placement for everything!"
Fuck that noise.
Do what makes you happy. That's literally the whole point of the game, to find happiness. Except all your grandpa cares about is that you're making loadsa money, which is fucking stupid.
>>
File: 4a7b413281983.jpg (34KB, 780x722px) Image search: [Google]
4a7b413281983.jpg
34KB, 780x722px
>>385432794
Thanks a LOT!

>>385432829
Or you can just check weather forecast. Raining the next day? Go to Clint today, he will upgrade your watering can while it's raining anyway.
Also, even quality springkles make watering can (regardless if copper, iron, gold or iridium) obsolete.
>>
>>385433303
Because they ARE a hassle. Anything above chickens is just annoying.
>>
>>385433303
you dont have to feed them and can keep them locked in forever
they give less mats but you dont have to do anything with them
they cant die
>>
>>385433303
He gutted the butcher system due to sjw outcry so animals just there to produce milk and truffles which take a while to recover the investment. Only build if you want to have the aesthetic of farm animals
>>
>>385433303
Nah, they're super easy. Just open the door in the morning, pet every single one, milk all the milkable ones, and then feed them. Or, make a pen, put grass in it, wait for the grass to grow, and then let them out into it every day.

All you have to do is not lock them out and they're fine.
>>
>>385433336
You can still get his reward without those three mil of income.

And supposedly it is about to be removed in the next update, but that update might never come into existence, so... yeah.

Also, while I find grids retarded, I love to have my bee-hives organised, because well. that's how you have bee-hives IRL set up.
I just wish you could paint the bee-hives different colour rather than having them all in neutral wood.
>>
>>385424458
This game is not perfect but its definitely good for what it stands and worth its price. Also the dev made the smart choice of being invisible in the internet HOLY FUCK WHAT A TIME TO LIVE IN WHERE DEVELOPERS ACTUALLY DONT STFU about their goddam agendas on the GODAMM internet and just MAKE GAMES.
>>
File: 730439.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
730439.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>385433679
Pigs are the easiest. You just have to pick up the truffles whenever you see them, and since they count as forage items, they benefit from the perk that makes the iridium quality.
>>
>>385432764
I know, right? It would be one thing if it was Yotsuba, but Jas is a precocious young woman, and she doesn't deserve to be paired off with a mouthbreather like Vincent.

>>385432820
>>385433119
I just wrote down all the bundle requirements at the beginning, so I could refer back to them easily. My biggest mistake was waiting on the animal bundle, because I underestimated what a money sink building the coop and barn would be.

>>385433387
Except if it's Wednesday, because Clint doesn't work on Fridays. Not only is he a beta orbiter, he's a lazy fuck too. Also it pissed me off so many times when it would be finally a good luck day and he'd refuse to process my geodes because he was working on my tools.
>>
>>385425782
Same I loved harvest moon but for the life of me i cant get into stardew valley.

multiplayer when?
>>
>>385433336
Like, you need 3 mil on hand or just earned 3 mil total? I'm sure I made that much alone in the summer before they nerfed blueberries to be a money sink
>>
>>385433871
>multiplayer when?

By the end of this year hopefully
>>
>>385432102
>When he purchased his store, there was an existing shrine put there by the previous owners. He just allows the weird local folks to pray to their blasphemous God in peace.
Why doesn't he just build a door that goes to the shrine itself, instead of having the villagers go through his store and his house first every time.

...It's so they maybe buy something on their way in/out, isn't it? Just answered my own question.
>>
>>385433835
But you can look up your bundles from the inventory once you have the community centre unlocked

And yeah, the whole "can't trade with you, because I'm busy upgrading tools nor process geodes" is really annoying. At least Robin is at your farm, busy with constructing something. Clint just sits his ass.
>>
>>385433874
Earn.

And the spoiler existed for a reason, you prancing fruitcake.
>>
>>385433724
Fuck, I thought I was doing good by completing the community center and by having lots of hearts with the villagers. I guess grandpa was lying when he said what really mattered was connections with other people.

>>385434109
I know, but it's a pain to go through the interface to look at everything when I can just look at a checklist.
>>
File: zamas.jpg (68KB, 666x800px)
zamas.jpg
68KB, 666x800px
>>385432794

Fucking Ningen
>>
>>385434214
I have a good memory and knew pretty much every item needed after I completed it the first time, I even know which season, weather and daytime most of the fish can be caught
>>
I think I have an affair with Sandy, should I tell her I'm married?
>>
>>385433303

Chickens and cows are actually more profitable than all crops except star fruit turned into wine and require almost no effort. Make sure you got tons of grass growing for them to feed on and all you need to do is pet them once a day and milk cows if they need milking.

Then all you do is take all the eggs/milk and throw it into the mayonnaise/cheese maker. If you do this and have the bonus to produced goods you can get 500 profit a day from one chicken and slightly less from cows. Which is better than any crop in the game except star fruit being turned into wine (which takes fucking ages and can be done at the same time if you just fill the greenhouse with star fruit).
>>
>>385434109
yeah it would be better if Clint had an actual smithing animation instead of standing with his fat ass at the counter all day
>>
>>385435580
>I have autism and I play Comfy Farmer: The Game as if it was some sort of tycoon type of deal
>>
>>385436813

Don't ask a question if you don't want it answered.
>>
>>385436956
>There is only one person on 4chan

Also, your "answer" has zero relation with the first anon's post. And there was no question in it, you dense motherfucker. Go make bee-hive grid around single tulip or something.
>>
>>385437360

>Being this much of a sperglord

Just stop anon.
>>
>>385432794
Speaking of mods - are there any that change how sprinkles work? I know there is one for basic sprinkles, but is there any for quality and iridium ones? I would be SO glad if they had each one tile more of range, so I wouldn't have to spend half of the day with watering can, when I could be fishing bass.
>>
>>385437450
People who play Stardew as if it was "serious" game about earning money just rub me the worst way possible.
>>
I'm still waiting for the Switch version before I immerse myself in this game.

Looks like it will be comfy af in handheld mode.
>>
>>385437609

Have you actually played the game anon?

You literally get a 3 year time limit before being evaluated and one of the criteria you're being evaluated on is how much money you earned. Getting the highest rating possible is about the only way of obtaining iridium ore except for going down the endless dungeon which is a fucking chore.

That and some of the newest stuff in the game costs tens of millions.
>>
>>385437609
It ain't about it being serious or making a lot of money, simply that you trend towards doing so naturally. And the gameplay at the start of the game, deciding which five seeds you'll buy every couple of days, trying different things out is better gameplay than
>oh it's this season again, I guess I'll pick up eighty blueberries
>>
File: 1495879074262.jpg (16KB, 480x300px)
1495879074262.jpg
16KB, 480x300px
>>385437882
>endless dungeon
>endless
>>
>>385437882
you technically dont need to earn any money to get the machine, and getting enough money for the highest score isnt that hard even when you play the game laid back all time
>>
>>385425552
So it's like rune factory?
>>
>>385438335

You seriously haven't been to Skull Cavern yet? It has an infinite number of floors anon...
>>
>>385438335
not him but the skull cavern in the desert has no end
>>
>>385438335
Desert dungeon is endless.

>>385438497
its not as good but its still good.
>>
Does we could use the bus?
>>
>>385438863
Bus is how you get to the desert.
>>
>>385438863
yes we does could use the bus after we does give money to the community center
>>
>>385437882
You can also take your fucking time, enjoy the game and don't obsessively collect everything and earn every prize

Also, have YOU played it? Because by using a measle diamond on the shrine, you can get the fucking evaluation at ANY point.

>>385438534
And that wasn't even me, you stupid cunt, but then again, you seriously think 4chan is just one person.
>>
>>385439453
>second reply
dude what?
I only see one stupid cunt right now
>>
>>385439453
oh shit right, you can place a diamond at the shrine to get re evaluated at any time, which makes the first one pretty pointless
>>
>tfw using a time slow mod so you can water and harvest all your crops, take a nature walk, spend the day fishing or mining, talking to all your friends and share a beer with your bro in the evening without worrying about wasting time
maximum comfy
>>
>>385424458
I only liked HM for the dating sim elements. This doesn't have cute girls so there's literally no reason to play.
>>
>>385440249
you can make them cute tho
>>
>>385440197
This. I bought it for comfy Rune Factory feels, and nearly dropped it when I found out that AT MOST my day could consist of watering my crops, giving the waifu a gift, and 10 or so levels in the mine if I was lucky. I haven't gotten a good amount of iridium yet simply because the days are too short for me to get very far in SC. The day length needs to be at least doubled.
>>
>>385437882
First, it's only 2 years. Second, because someone mentioned 3 million I was concerned because I'm barely scratching 1 million with less than a month to go to the evaluation. So I checked the wiki, which I had been avoiding because I didn't want to know what my score would be. But I see that money is a very small part of the evaluation, and you only need a million for the top score, which was closer what I figured since that's the top money achievement.

So, to summarize, the best way to play Stardew Valley is to complete bundles, make friends and get married, and achieve as many things as possible. Which was basically what I expected. The wizard buildings are just for people who already completed the game and who wanted more "content".

>>385440197
I feel like the game would run way too slowly with a mod like this. Though I wouldn't say no to a mod that simply stops time at 2 am, Harvest Moon style. At least on the second time through the game (time pressure in the mines was sort of fun the first time).
>>
>>385424458
Fuck this western rip-off, RF5 when?
>>
File: 2016-03-09_00008.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px)
2016-03-09_00008.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>385440197
I kinda liked it in a way. You were so busy all the time. And now that I've hit year 3 and farm is basically running itself and now I have the chill times. Each to his own.

What did miss was a free teleport to back home that Rune Factory 4 has. Running back was such a pain.
>>
>>385440978
there is one item you can craft and one you can buy later for lots of gold to get back to your farm immediately
>>
>>385424458
Buy yourself a stable to get the horse as a permanent movement speed-up. If feel stressed later on remember that there is absolutely no time limit on anything so just take your fucking...also don't be discouraged by the early fishing and keep at it.
>>
>>385431745
So how does the multiplayer work? Do you all live on the same farm?
>>
>>385441480
I don't think we even know anything about how it will work yet.
>>
10/10 game until I reached year 3 and got the statue from gramps. Then it got boring with nothing to aim for - no further family development and friendships achieved nothing further.
>>
How's marriage mechanics?

I'm about ready to ask Maru__.
>>
>>385442265
you give her the amulet and they will move in after 3 days, get a hobby room and will do random stuff like walk around the farm or town, make you brekkfast and sometimes even help with feeding and watering stuff
>>
File: 1434233566432.jpg (112KB, 717x824px)
1434233566432.jpg
112KB, 717x824px
Did they give a timetable when this game is coming out for the Switch? I'll be interested to try it then?
>>
>>385431715
>Except fishing

There are mods for it apparently if you play PC/Steam version.
>>
I've been playing for 12 hours or so, really enjoy it
The start up music always cheers me up so much, just hearing the first few bars
I've been going pretty slowly, just messing around with all sorts of stuff though every time I go on the wikki to look up stuff I end up reading about loads of things waaay firther into the game and get confused

Trying to rig up some beehives at the moment Spend most of my spare time fishing, anyone got any tips? Are crab post worth it?
>>
>>385431715
the fishing is kinda hard at the beginning, but it got really fun once you got the hang of it
and yes, Penny is indeed the best girl, on my first playthrough I actually went for every girl except for her but then realized they're all garbage and Penny is the dreamgirl
>>
>>385443736
just take it slow man, enjoy the learning of the game and do the serious stuff in the second year or another game with a new farm
hilltop farm is best farm
>>
Fuck Abigail, torturing a poor little critter like that and nobody seems to care, fuck this game
>>
>>385443736
I only built a couple of crab pots for the bundle. The stuff you catch with them sells for about the same as what you could catch, there's not very many things to catch with them, and it's a hassle to tend to them when they give you junk half the time. But they're okay I guess if you put them next to your usual fishing spots. Fishing gets much easier as your skill goes up, because you get a bigger bar. If you're short on cash, the iridium rod isn't really necessary except for a small number of fish. Also, make Linus your friend if you like fishing.
>>
>>385444486
you don't even need a single crab pot for the bundle, most stuff can be harvested at the beach or dropped from certain enemies in the mines
>>
I loved to play it, but kinda lost motivation when I solved most of the problems, got the upgrades and was just farming for a few little things. I basically stopped when my onbly goals were half a year away and I didn't see any purpose anymore.

What are some good Harvest Moon or other games with a similar feeling? The comfyness, the engaging farming, making money, going to the mines and getting to know the town were just great, I'd love to start fresh.
>>
>>385430360
Sandy is going to lewd the whole town
>>
>>385432102
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>385445149
I hope so
>>
remember kids, most villagers give you cooking recipes when you get 3 or 7 friendship levels with them, higher quality stuff gives more friendship points if you gift them and birthdays give an 8 times boost for the present
>>
>animals bar pigs are still shit
They just need to do three things to allow them to compete with crops. Fix the 6pm glitch, make them produce more at higher heart levels like pigs, and then make it so large products can be used in milk recipes like Lobster Bisque.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.