[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/'s thoughts on this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (21KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
21KB, 300x168px
I was playing this game recently and I couldn't figure out if I was enjoying it because of nostalgia or just because it's a good game
>>
its good man
>>
>>385418862
don't seem to be getting much of an argument.
>>
>>385418538
It's shit.

Turn off your nostalgia goggles faggot.
>>
>>385419501
please explain your opinion before telling me to do anything
>>
>>385418538
It's excellent. Per square inch of in-game space there's more to do in any given level than in almost any other 3D platforming game I can think of, and yet it also manages to be incredibly concise in how it designs its levels, never dragging anything out for too long. Just an excellent game.
>>
>>385418538
It's a great game, with fantastic game design.

But Tooie is pretty shit.
>>
I always preferred Kazooie to Tooie since it's less spacious. Eventually you have to draw a line with how big your 3D platformer is and Tooie and Yooka went way too far.
>>
>>385420061
Kazooie was a mario 64 clone, tooie was more original.
>>
>>385420061
Tooie was just a lot more convoluted, I know some people who enjoyed Tooie more than Kazooie because it was basically a bigger version of Kazooie just with more backtracking.
>>
>>385420476
Backtracking in tooie is a meme
>>
>>385420701
darn.

You caught me
>>
I have absolutely no nostalgia for this game, as I first played it on the 360. I really enjoyed the game up until the desert level, where it starts feeling a little mediocre. I will probably never 100% it.
>>
>>385421771
And that isn't just because I don't like collectathons. I've 100%'ed Mario 64 dozens of times. No nostalgia either (All my friends and I played Playstation)
>>
>>385421771
That's one of the more bland levels. The last 3 levels are a lot more interesting and fun I can assure you.
>>
>>385420458
>Kazooie was a mario 64 clone
This is one of the dumbest things I've read today, and it's still morning. Good job anon.
>>
>>385420701
nope, you have to go back to worlds with powers from later worlds that's called backtracking
>>
>>385421771
Honestly Gobi's Desert is a low point. The levels really pick up in quality after that.
>>
>>385423095
It's a meme because it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>385423336
the amount of backtracking in tooie isn't terrible, but i think it sticks out in peoples' minds because it's so different from the more self-contained levels and linear progression of the first game.
>>
>>385423095
Yet everyone loves Super Metroid, which is basically all Tooie was doing.

>>385420365
Tooie wasn't too big, it was just too big for its speed and density. It had the same movement rate and total number of things to do per level (actually fewer, since there were only 17 music notes per level) but across twice the map space. If it had had 200 notes and 20 jiggies per level it would have felt fine at the size it was.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.