[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ascension hardcore WoW server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: mad boy wow ascension 1.png (482KB, 427x535px) Image search: [Google]
mad boy wow ascension 1.png
482KB, 427x535px
I know there are hardcore MMO players here. The kind that want free for all world PvP with items dropped on death. A classless system with abilities and talents from every class for custom builds. This new WoW server has exactly that. Come check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m24ob0SyTu4
http://project-ascension.com/
>>
>>385413640
Sounds gay as fuck with how hard it is to get out of bad situations.
>>
>>385413786
I haven't played after release but in the beta you could bubble vanish, dispel poison/magic and sprint, pom sheep and hearth or just stealth. I only died when I first hit 60, after that is became pretty apparent that you had to do a cheese build and I did fine.

If you didn't mind losing some gear from time to time, it was actually pretty fun.
>>
>spend months farming materials for an epic weapon
>get ganked by Nightsephirox while you're recovering
>lose item
Losing progress is just tedious and frustrating. Not hard. That's why MMOs stepped away from losing exp on death.
>>
>>385413640
>full drop
>hardcore
That's what Lineage babies actually believe.
>>
>>385414030
>Dying when you have the upper-hand with much better gear.

Admittedly groups moving together was kind of a bitch move but when everyone has stealth it's pretty tough to get caught out unless you're farming in open world. And even then, with everyone having bubble/dispel/sprint/stealth/vanish/blink it was pretty easy to get away unless you got one shot.

It would be nice to see some happy medium because dying in mmos has no penalty since it takes a minute to get back to your corpse, and the repair costs for your gear is minuscule.
>>
>>385414030
Should be like Dark Souls in my opinion, have "raw" experience for a lack of a better word. If you die, that experience is lost, but if you spend that experience then it's yours forever. Certainly you shouldn't be able to lose hard to get items.
>>
>>385414030
You can protect some items. Either way, you don't have to be too attached to your gear. Just assume everyone else doesn't have great gear either.
>>
>>385413640
The dynamic on this server is actually kind of interesting. Guilds will go out of their way to recruit you and will sometimes do the "accept my gift or I will spare you no mercy" thing. My current one runs around in a group of five for quests, so you're never alone. It's really brutal on new players though so I imagine a lot of people will ragequit.
>>
Let me tell you how this shit is going to end up:

>One big, monolithic group with (near) absolute power and presence on the server, with other groups nipping at their heels but who will never topple them or usurp them
>Said group only got to where they were because they were the earliest players, and no doubt had help from either abusing exploits/cheating or GM/admin """help"""
>said group monopolizes all the best resources, kills anyone who steps on 'their' turf or tries to take these resources
>usually has a gaggle of shitheads terrorizing new players, ensuring that new players quit because they literally cannot even leave the starter/designated noob area, or do anything without endgame maxed level fuckheads killing them and sending them back to square one
>ends up dying slowly as no one but this group and the few extreme tryhards/autists can have any sort of fun without constantly losing everything they worked for, being constantly griefed, and just generally not being able to get anywhere because of the above two reasons
>retards will still think this shitty kind of gameplay that encourages griefing other players and being a horrible human being to your fellow players is a good idea the next time someone rolls out a game with this shit, then be just as surprised when it dies just like every other time it's been tried
>>
>>385413640
Obligatory shitpost
>>
>>385413640
>>385415013
Yeah i was intrested at first but this look like another failed shitfest free for all mmo that is doomed to fail because giving any kind of downside to murdering everybody is too casual apparantly.
>>
A critical problem with the server is bad implementation of the ability system. The custom talent UI and such like they've done are perfectly fine, but besides a handful of "obviously good" abilities and talents (Windfury/Seal of Command/Titan's Grip/Sinister Strike sort of deal) having been completely neutered individually (while still presumably remaining strong together because of the obvious synergy), the rest of the abilities and talents have barely been touched.

There's some synergies like Shadow Form +shadow damage with affliction DoTs or Dreamstate for any caster, but generally speaking anyone that isn't melee plays a neutered version of the base class because Maelstrom Weapon for example still only works with the same shaman spells AND AP->SP talents, Flurry etc. are neutered on top of that anyway, so you can't even try to make melee healer casting Holy Lights, and I'm pretty sure dual-earthliving enhancement would perform worse than it does in regular WotLK because of nerfed talents. Even worse, many of the WotLK talent trees are built around level 61-80 abilities and it's pretty much pointless for talent trees like Destruction to even exist because it's built around Incinerate as the main nuke. And regardless of what type of character you end up aiming to create, you'll end up with Stealth, Bubble, Ice Block, Vanish etc. by default because why the fuck not.

It might in principle be a workable concept but they really should have rearranged and re-imagined some of the talents and abilities and introduced some constraints (such as choosing a "class" tied to one resource type, with all abilities modified to work with any of the resources, or making "ability groups" like immunities with bubble/ice block/cloak of shadows and only being cheaply able to afford one, while utility and flavor could be purchased more cheaply, such as being able to purchase "Air Totems" and getting Sentry totem for free).
>>
File: 1367266064622.png (16KB, 386x432px) Image search: [Google]
1367266064622.png
16KB, 386x432px
>>385413640
>project the game dev runs away with the donations when blizzard shuts it down
>>
>>385415013
Hey look it's another I can't get good and dump 1000's of hours on a bad third party private server episode.
>>
this kind of shit isn't "hardcore", it's fucking tedious work.

>custom builds
so you mean everyones using the same op skillset?
>>
File: ackchyually.png (70KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
70KB, 398x398px
>>385413640
>hardcore server
That's the mediumcore server. Hardcore doesn't come out for a couple of months

>>385415013
>>One big, monolithic group with (near) absolute power and presence on the server, with other groups nipping at their heels but who will never topple them or usurp them
There are already multiple huge guilds on the server that are fighting eachother. Guild members can't kill eachother.

>>Said group only got to where they were because they were the earliest players, and no doubt had help from either abusing exploits/cheating or GM/admin """help"""
Actually, new players can adjust fine because experience rates have been increased by three, and drop rates across the world have increased so that you always have gear and back-up gear. Custom classes means that newer players with good builds can still defend themselves.

>>usually has a gaggle of shitheads terrorizing new players, ensuring that new players quit because they literally cannot even leave the starter/designated noob area, or do anything without endgame maxed level fuckheads killing them and sending them back to square one
Yes and no. For starters, FFA PvP is disabled below level 20, and regardless, you cannot loot players five levels lower and less than you. Ganking lowbies just inconveniences them, but they lose absolutely nothing. World chat is also cross-faction, so lots of lowbies call for help if they're being camped anyways and people always respond.

Also all gear is no longer soulbound, including equipped gear, epics, and quest gear, so the auction house is always full of dirt-cheap gear. I've been ganked 7 times and the auction house is always full of replacements.
>>
>>385416857
There's OP skillsets, but that usually just means that people invent new skillsets to encounter the OP skillsets, then people invent a new skillset to counter that OP skillset.
The meta is that there's constantly new overpowered builds popping up to counter the current overpowered build.
There's a few unique overpowered builds that some players are refusing to tell other people how to build for it.

Right now, 90% of people are leveling with pets or leveling with some OP rogue/feral burst build. 8% of people are leveling with shitty frost warrior etcetera builds and getting ganked, and 2% of people are leveling with their own theory crafted build and raping face because they're not the same build everybody's seen.
>>
>join a big zerg of get zerged
Nice game.
>>
>>385413640
the server is pay to win, get in contact with GMs and they sell you skills and items for paypal cash.

http://project-ascension.com/page/refundpolicy
>>
>>385419741
nooOOOooOOooOoooOOOOOOOO
DELETE THIS
>>
>>385413640
I was actually thinking of this server out...
But now that you've shilled, maybe not.
>>
File: viraling ban.jpg (56KB, 757x525px) Image search: [Google]
viraling ban.jpg
56KB, 757x525px
>>385421259
>shilled
>>
>>385421417
Why are you everywhere?

https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/viraling%20ban/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.