[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first game? best game!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (570KB, 630x620px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
570KB, 630x620px
first game? best game!
>>
RE is the only one there that's better than its sequel.
>>
File: BioShock_box.png (3MB, 1214x1482px) Image search: [Google]
BioShock_box.png
3MB, 1214x1482px
>>
The first game always has the clunkiest and least intuitive gameplay design and mechanics, but the most charming and memorable art direction.
>>
MGS sucked.
Resident Evil sucked until REmake.
>>
File: DMC1.jpg (50KB, 279x397px) Image search: [Google]
DMC1.jpg
50KB, 279x397px
>>385410728
Pic related, Quake, and Thief.
>>
>>385410728
Witcher, Dragon Age, Batman Arkham
>>
>>385410728
>metal gear solid
>first game
>>
File: leisure-suite-larry-chapel-3378.jpg (82KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
leisure-suite-larry-chapel-3378.jpg
82KB, 640x400px
dad always did the opening quiz for me
>>
>>385410786
Does REmake count? If so then I definitely agree. Otherwise I think RE2 was a major step upward.
>>
>>385411631
It does bum me out that no other DMC has enemies that are as interesting and intense as the enemies in DMC1.

Also goddamn Quake 1 is amazing, still my favorite fps.
>>
>>385411856
the remake is not the original.
the setting of RE2 are inferior to RE1, even RE0 was better then RE2.
>>
>>385411508
beacuse if it dosnt have an updated graphics and not so clunky controls then it will be great.

i guess your favorite game is GTA V and you consider RDR a classic.
>>
>>385411897
>no other DMC has enemies that are as interesting and intense as the enemies in DMC1.

Yeah, consequence of the series going overly combo-oriented. Can't do your sicknasty combos if enemies are actually a threat and aren't telegraphing for 5 seconds long. Wanted the series to remain like the first, maybe veer more towards the Ninja Gaiden side of lethality. Is what it is though.
>>
>>385412097
I personally liked how the biohazard (hue hue) spilled over into Raccoon, it's a lot more apocalyptic to me and that's what's appealing. To each his own, however.

Now that we kinda clarified that I'd think that RE is one of the cases that the original isn't the best game in the series because of REmake and RE0 being amazing games.
>>
>>385412460
It would be interesting to see a Devil May Cry game going in the direction of Ninja Gaiden 1/2.....I refuse to mention 3, that game forever disappoints me.
>>
>>385413136
Shame, but unfortunately would never happen in a million years though because DMC3 has long took over the franchise identity. Normalfags and DMC3babbies alike think DMC1 itself is "dated" because it's combat isn't the technical combo simulator everyone's now used to. DMC1 is nuanced, enemies have gimmicks you can completely cheese and wipe them out in seconds, and most of all your attacks actually feel strong. Difficulty and balancing of enemies doesn't matter if you can't fly around at the speed of sound and pin-needle enemies to death.

If Kamiya ever got his hands back on the series, which I do hope happens eventually since it was his baby to begin with, I kinda doubt very much would still change.
>>
>>385410728
Diablo 1 is shit compared to 2
>>
>>385415273
Wrong, get out with your simpleton taste. Diablo 1 feels like a consistent experience and more like a graphical rogue-like. Going deeper and deeper into a labyrinth and gradually finding gear that actually feels useful. Diablo 2 was the start of the endless gear grind bullshit that we're now flooded with today.
>>
>>385410728
>RE1
>better than 2
>Silent Hill 1
>better than 2
>>
>>385411508
you suck
>>
>>385415609
>Silent Hill 1 better than 2
It is you fucking pleb.

>Silent Hill 1
>David Lynch
>Silent Hill 2
>M Night Shyamalan
>>
>>385415273
It has a lot of functional evolutions, like running, hold to attack, and other nice additions, but it's also quite the different game. Especially considering the direction it later took because its gameplay model was broken past some point, and then the D3 team came in charge of D2, and broke it with the latest patches.

Diablo lost a lot of its appeal on the way, and if anything, it's Souls game that captured it the best.
>>
Diablo 1 was very primitive, although I enjoyed the story telling in the menu.

Another first game that was the best game: I'm a mechanical man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA6vNKShOTo
>>
I had already played Nethack before Diablo 1 so it just kinda felt like a neat graphics pack that took away features from Nethack, Diablo 2 actually felt like a new kind of video game with insane amount of different things to kill and items to find.
>>
>>385410728

>Crackdown
>Dead Rising
>Mirror's Edge
>Half Life
>Killing Floor
>FNAF (When it was new, scary and not fetishized by Autisms.)
>Star Wars Battlefront (Not the EA shit)
>Test Drive Unlimited, despite it's many, many flaws.
>>
>>385410728
RE is really not a good game.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.