[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this yesterday. Was it a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 10255424.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10255424.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
Bought this yesterday. Was it a mistake?
>>
No, I enjoyed it. The main open world and quests are fun and combat is great. Ending was weird and towards the later half of the game the plot starts to seem like there are holes everywhere.

I wouldn't stop you from buying it but personally I enjoyed it, didn't feel anything emotionally but I'm going for Platinum.
>>
>>385409704
If you already have it go and play it, idiot.
I never understand these threads.

Here's my thoughts:
It's only a mistake if you advance the story too much.
Great world, Great characters, servicable combat
>>
The Zodiac Age laughs in it.
>>
Playing it is fun, but don't expect anything from the story. It's a road trip with a group of friends.

>>385410023
Zodiac Age has pretty similar problems as XV though. The story only exists in broad strokes but all details and smaller events between big moments are missing and the pacing is awful.
>>
>>385409704
I dunno man why don't you play it and find out, I mean, you already bought it
>>
>>385409704
Yes. Should have spent that money on crack, much more enjoyable and even longer gameplay. Crack doesn't have QTE spam also
>>
File: FFXVGameplay.webm (786KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFXVGameplay.webm
786KB, 700x600px
>>385409704
depends, how much did you pay for it?

I got it for $20 and I was glad I didn't spend a single cent more
>>
>>385410325
i'm a flip slumdweller, got it for the equivalent of $34.
>>
>>385410474
At least you didn't pay full price.

>>385410252
>Zodiac Age has pretty similar problems as XV though. The story only exists in broad strokes but all details and smaller events between big moments are missing and the pacing is awful.

but Zodiac Age doesn't have a fucking CGI Movie and an anime to fill out minor shit
>>
>>385409704
You bought an incomplete game. So if you got it at half price, you still overpayed
>>
Worth it after you do the 17GB patches, 4wd regalia is a blast to drive around and they've added music from NIER to the radio
>>
>>385411945
don't forget to watch the anime, the movie, read the novella, watch the stage play, listen to the drama CDs, play the mobile game and the flash game
>>
>>385409704
Pretty good game in my opinion.
The Combat system is icky and I didn't really enjoy it all that much.
The enjoyment comes from exploration and the small interactions with your Group. The Story is fairly okay, but you can really see where it's sown together.
It's in my opinion one of the weakest parts about the game. It might even be for the better that it's been given to Tabata, but you pretty much see the change of pace very quickly.

Either way, the individual parts of the game aren't strong, but the blend together makes it very enjoyable.
>>
File: 1500600425201.jpg (40KB, 640x614px) Image search: [Google]
1500600425201.jpg
40KB, 640x614px
Real talk, it's going to be a disappointment for most. But for most, they haven't played a good final fantasy game since they were 10, so 12-15 years of building up hopes and dreams are easy to crash. Especially with the open world meme.

But if you don't go in with any expectations, you'll find a good game with lots of side quests that will eat up time. There'll be nice touches here and there.

Like another anon said, the story is okay. The first half you're getting just a little story info where you think, "all my questions will be answered near the last half" except it doesn't and it just makes you question it harder. Then you accept that they were probably rushed and it's just full of holes.

Overall fun game. Paid full price + season pass, no ragrits. Ride your chocobo all day.
>>
>>385410004
These threads are just an excuse to summon "him"
>>
>>385412607
he's already shitposting in >>385401841
>>
I'm also going through it these days. I don't know why /v/ hates it that much.
>>
Story is really good for most of it gladio is a dick

Magic is fun. Swordplay is not. all in all its probably a 8/10 game. I enjoyed it but im not that hard to please
>>
>>385409704
It's great.
>>
>>385410325
You havn't even played it KH fag.
>>
>>385409704
>Was it a mistake?

It is a mistake having wasted so many months without playing the best ascension to glory simulator.
>>
>>385409704
Starting this thread was a mistake.

XV-kun coming in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>>385410325
>I got it for $20 and I was glad I didn't spend a single cent more

you people really confuse me going for bargains for games like this. wtf does it matter how much you paid for a game that post people will spend 50-100 hours playing ?
>>
>>385415269
>coming
>>
>>385415269
>XV-kun

I see people spamming about this XV-kun all the time. someone explain ?
>>
>>385415302
How is that even a question? You save money, unless you want to play everything day0.
>>
>>385415431
Don't bother the thread will just go to shit with two sides fighting over nothing. But you probably already know that anyway
>>
>>385415431
When he\she\it arrives you will understand immediately
>>
>>385415431
It's something shitposters call anyone who likes or defends XV.
>>
It was ok but it screams "10 years of development hell but only like 2 of development" so there is plot missing especially in later sections.
Also combat is pretty mindless until the post game where you suddenly and finally need to craft and stock up some magic grenades to survive the 20+ floor endgame dungeons.
>>
>>385415945
As if anybody would be delusional enough to defend FFXV
>>
>>385416682
Nice try.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.