[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of Minecraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.jpg (71KB, 1272x626px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
71KB, 1272x626px
What's the appeal of Minecraft?
>>
>>385409285
It's fun once a year
>>
>>385409285
Basically Lego the Video Game.
>>
>>385409285
No stress building in an open world.
It's pretty shit if you have no creativity
>>
>>385409345
Lego made their own minecraft tho
>>
the sims is better
>>
I boot it up once a year, find the new shit they add, then uninstall
>>
>>385409467
What are you saying?
Lego made Minecraft products? That's business for you.
Lego was Minecraft before computers
>>
>>385409546
http://store.steampowered.com/app/332310/LEGO_Worlds/
>>
>>385409285
Being able to build whatever you want, go exploring, do whatever.

It's easy to get bored of it unless you manage to keep yourself occupied.
>>
>>385409339
this, although i install a shitton of mods in order to get enjoyment out of it.

did that mod api thing ever happen? whats going on between the java and windows 10 edition, because apparently their dropping support for java or something
>>
Simplified building process and more freedom in what you want to build
Randomly generated areas
Resources to hoard and craft from
>>
For me it's just making neat houses. Sure I could play the Sims or some shit but that's far too restrictive in terms of space and variety.

Minecraft is basic as fuck and lets you landscape and plan out structures with a lot of different textures thanks to texture packs and that's pretty fun.
>>
It was fun until they fucked it up with the hunger system. Shit ruined the fun by forcing you to constantly have to eat every 2 minutes.
>>
File: 1499196578054.gif (1007KB, 273x429px) Image search: [Google]
1499196578054.gif
1007KB, 273x429px
autism, quite litreally handicapped and retards who are too slow for any good games, atleast for the most part, it was fun in the early days where itwas just building shit and having fun
>>
It's basically a computer Lego set. It's why kids and autistic people love it so much.
>>
>>385409285
I remember when minecraft was a browser based creative only fuckaround thing and /v/ used it to recreate their dorf forts.
Times have changed.
>>
Exploration and the thrill of finally finding something valuable, building your own base, town, or whatever, and the slight progression system of different tiered tools and equipment, then eventually fighting bosses.
>>
>>385409681
They're not dropping support, but since (((Microsoft))) owns Mojang now, they're basically shifting the focus towards versions of the game with Microsoft Microtransaction store.

It's pretty frustrating, but there's virtually nothing we can do about it.
>>
>>385411339
honestly i just want the mod api and then microsoft can do whatever they want
>>
>>385409285
You remember "hey I have Minecraft" once every half year or so, play it for a few days straight, then drop it. Repeat.
>>
>>385411580
We're probably never getting a mod API for Java. we'd be pretty goddamn lucky if we did. If there are going to be *any* mod APIs, it's almost definitely going to be on the Microsoft editions so Microsoft can make more money off of them. Admittedly, they're more optimized and run better on PC, but they're also extremely focused on microtransactions. If Microsoft and Mojang were to make installing mods and texture packs as drag-and-drop easy as it is in the original Java version, we would have a perfect Minecraft experience.
But it's just not gonna happen.
>>
>>385410434
Easy there, gramps. It's time for your nap
>>
Imagine having a lego set, with virtually infinite bricks and space, and with the basic foundations of the world (ground,trees, water, etc) made already.

It's every kid's dream.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.